Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

JASON LEWIS APPEAL!!!!!!PLEASE HELP

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daics35 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 7:12 am
Post subject: JASON LEWIS APPEAL!!!!!!PLEASE HELPReply with quote

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING STORY. THEN PLEASE HELP US (IF YOU CAN) TO HELP JASON AND HIS FAMILY COPE IN THIS TRAGIC TIME. ANY DONATION HELPS TO EASE THE BURDEN THAT HAS NOW BEEN PLACED UPON THIS FAMILY.

On Sunday April 7, 2002 a local amatuer footballer was left paralysed after landing on his head during a Sunday Football League scratch match. Jason Lewis, 28, had his legs knocked from under him after leaping in a pack for a mark. Witnesses said he landed in a crumpled heap and remained motionless during the 15-minute wait for an ambulance.

Mr Lewis's parents saw the accident and his partner, Katherine,
arrived soon after. The couple have an 18-month-old son and a
mortgage. Team members were devastated as Jason is a popular member of the club.

Mr Lewis is in a serious but stable condition in the intensive care unit at Royal Perth Hospital and it would be six weeks before a final prognosis was known. Jason definitely has a fractured vertebra in his neck and the ones either side are also damaged. In all probability, he won't have the use of his lower limbs. The doctors are hopeful about him regaining movement in his upper limbs.

Radio station 6PR has launched an appeal for Mr Lewis and donations can be made on 9221 1882. Credit card donations will be accepted. Send cheques or money orders, MADE PAYABLE TO THE "JASON LEWIS APPEAL" and forward them to myself Craig Matthews at 20 Riverfig Place, Alexander Heights WA 6064. The WA Magpies, the OFFICIAL CFC Supporter Group here in WA (of which I am the treasurer) are running a fundraising venture to help and all of your donations regardless of the amount can help.

I thankyou anyone in advance that can help and please tell your
friends, work colleagues and family about this and maybe you can all pool your monies together to forward one cheque or money order to me so I can pass it onto the appeal coordinators.

THANKYOU.

Cheers,
Craig
Treasurer WA Magpies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: