Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

10/10...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 1:03 am
Post subject: 10/10...Reply with quote

Well done to everyone in the cheer squad on sunday it was an awesome day it was an awesome squad.
where are you alf ?

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 3:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

8 out of 10.

Great effort. Huge improvement on the previous week.

I'm not as generous as you, Joffa.
I'll give us 8 out of 10 ... which is a good rating coming from me. My main criticism is that we didn't really celebrate hard enough in the last quarter. When the game was still in the balance we were great.

The geography was a lot more favourable this time. I think we're at our best when the area behind us is filled with people who are sitting there because they want to sit there and not just because that happens to be where their reserved seats are.

No doubt this week we'll cop the usual blockbuster theatregoers in the seats behind us, a combination of passionless Collingwood people and obnoxious Essendon supporters. I'm actually fed up to the back teeth with these so-called "blockbuster" matches. In terms of terrace culture, they are incredibly boring matches to go to.

A lot of people think I'm inciting violence when I say this ... but Australian Rules football desperately NEEDS segregated crowds. Not because of any danger of violence ... but for the sake of generating some genuine "people's" atmosphere to rise above the pre-packaged hype.

No doubt I'll get the usual response. "Oh no, Alf. We can't do that. The great thing about our great game and our great country and our great society and our great economy and our great capitalist democracy is that we can share a beer with our mate who barracks for the opposition and good-naturedly bag him and he can good naturedly bag us in return and then we can all have another beer and be good mates just like the diggers at Gallipoli" or some such bollocks.

Please, spare me.

**floreat pica**

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 3:44 am

yeah i'm with alf. we weren't that good in the last quarter. i was actually a bit tired after all that jumping around in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.
anyway, i'm really pumped for next week. we're gonna win.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 3:09 am

i think everyone was prety rooted in that last quarter it was so bloody hot and i think as well as physically rooted we were mentally rooted if that makes any sense.

it was a great relief to see our maggies return to form
alf ur a scrooge 8/10 ???

come on mate

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 11:24 am

I tried to get tickets to the Ponsford so I could hear you guys going crazy and so I could join in, but unfortunately bloody ticketmaster.com.au kept coming up with errors when I went to buy then. I will be in the Olympic stand so hopefully I can hear you guys going crazy anyway!!

JDF
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 12:32 pm

You will hear us joel as we are in the southern stand behind punt road goals..come down and say hello mate ?

tassiepie 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 12:42 pm

yeah well done again cheersquad
this week lets bash it as far up the bombers ass as we can get it
may the gold wig return again.
go the woods

MarkT 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 7:16 am

Can't agree with Alf on the segregation. There is nothing like going to the footy and having a beer with your mates who barrack for the opposition club and giving it to each other when your side kicks a goal. One of the great shames of English soccer is that it misses that element.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 7:51 am

Sweet as Joffa, I'll try and give you all a yell or something. I'm pumped, that's bloody awesome.

JDF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: