Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rudd V Howard which will win the next election?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rudd or Howard
Rudd
50%
 50%  [ 13 ]
Howard
30%
 30%  [ 8 ]
Who Cares
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 26

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting up with a Labour state govt for so long will stop me from wanting them running the Country

Just on the GST, its the greatest thing ever introduced Very Happy
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:29 pm

magpiesgirl wrote:
If Rudd doesn't win,I am going to go shoot myself!!!

I've had to grow up under a Liberal government,and I come from a lower class family.I've seen Howard do nothing but screw over low income earners and the blue collar workers of this country and it's not only myself,but alot of people of my age group that have experience this also.

Howard seems to forget that there are alot of first time federal voters in the community,as there are every election,but what he consistantly fails to forget it that no one my age (18-22) (I personally am 20) remembers the Labour government that the Liberals took over from.

People my age only remember Howard lying about the kids over board, the AWA scandal,the introduction of the GST,the continuing rise of interest rates that have hurt their familys,the introduction of the I.R laws, the abolision of compulsary student unionism,among other attrosities.

I don't know many people,from lower,middle or upper class,blue or white collar backgrounds,that are in my age bracket,that honestly want another Liberal goverment.Howard has done nothing but set young people up for decads of being screwed over to cover the mistakes and pot holes his government have left over the past 11 years.
I'm from all of the above and still voting Howard.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:31 pm

Is the holding of hands a symbolic gesture for humans? ""? he or she've seen Howard do nothing but screw over low income earners and the blue collar workers of this country and it's not myselfbut alot of people of his or her age group that have experience this? Who is your favorite Science Fiction author?
magpiesgirl Aries

Crazy About Daisy!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:35 pm

bazdaddy wrote:
magpiesgirl wrote:
If Rudd doesn't win,I am going to go shoot myself!!!

I've had to grow up under a Liberal government,and I come from a lower class family.I've seen Howard do nothing but screw over low income earners and the blue collar workers of this country and it's not only myself,but alot of people of my age group that have experience this also.

Howard seems to forget that there are alot of first time federal voters in the community,as there are every election,but what he consistantly fails to forget it that no one my age (18-22) (I personally am 20) remembers the Labour government that the Liberals took over from.

People my age only remember Howard lying about the kids over board, the AWA scandal,the introduction of the GST,the continuing rise of interest rates that have hurt their familys,the introduction of the I.R laws, the abolision of compulsary student unionism,among other attrosities.

I don't know many people,from lower,middle or upper class,blue or white collar backgrounds,that are in my age bracket,that honestly want another Liberal goverment.Howard has done nothing but set young people up for decads of being screwed over to cover the mistakes and pot holes his government have left over the past 11 years.
I'm from all of the above and still voting Howard.

No offence but I seriously think you need to rethink that and decide what sort of country you want to live in-one run by a little aging puppet who is dictated to by a twit thousands of k's away who is going to be ousted next year or by someone with fresh thinking and ideas,who has the passion,drive and motivated to succeed and lead this country into the 21st century?

“I can honestly say there will never be another Strauchanie and the boys at the club can’t help but be thankful for that” -Nathan Buckley
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:41 pm

Your argument is so compelling I've changed my mind.

Honestly, I just get the feeling Rudd says what we want to hear, I am quite happy with the current state of the country, and I just don't like Rudd. As someone has said let's hear what he has to say when he's not in his honeymoon election year period.

Having said all that I unfortunately think he and his government will be elected.

nomadjack 

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:47 pm

Barring a major security issue cropping up again Howard is gone and gone in a major way. The Libs will obviously claw some support back from where they are at the moment, but both party's internal polling is showing the same thing - people are no longer listening to Howard and are ready for a change. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Love how the Libs have got a good reputation for economic management. Shame housing affordability has never been worse and that personal debt has never been higher. Would have thought both are pretty important measures of economic well-being and economic sustainability.

Throw in record federal taxes; record foreign debt; record current account deficit. Yes, they've done a tremendous job.

But at least the country's more tolerant now, more safe and secure, more generous hearted, more caring...

Well at least we're held in high regard around the world. I mean our reputation is much better now that when Howard came into office...

WTF has happened over the last decade?
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:51 pm

Na the countrys up shit creek.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:23 am

Although, there is the thought.... if Rudd can't get Labor over the line, who can?

magpiesgirl wrote:
No offence but I seriously think you need to rethink that and decide what sort of country you want to live in-one run by a little aging puppet who is dictated to by a twit thousands of k's away who is going to be ousted next year or by someone with fresh thinking and ideas,who has the passion,drive and motivated to succeed and lead this country into the 21st century?

You think Rudd's going to give the middle finger to the US government? Lmao. He's going to be at least as much of a suck up as Howard is.
The fact is, with Australia's position in the world, we need to suck up to the US (and China as well... as is obvious at the moment).

To be honest, Rudd doesn't strike me as someone with fresh thinking and new ideas... but that's OK. I just want someone who knows how the hell to run a country properly, and I believe Howard does know that. That's not saying Rudd doesn't, but of course he's unproven, which will obviously count against him when the election comes.

You do take a very black and white view of the situation, anyway. If you think Rudd is going to be the knight in shining armour who saves us from this evil, corrupt government (please note sarcasm), you're going to either be in for a big shock, or you'll continue to live in ignorance.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:37 am

xtcc wrote:
Teflon Rudd & Mr Sheen. Who gives a rats arse we are going to get jipped either way

Spot on, which is a worry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: