Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Williams - Out of there!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 3:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

TRADE HIM NOW !!

WHILE WE CAN GET SOMEONE

CAUSE IF HE HAS THE SAME SEASON NEXT YEAR HE WONT BE TRADABLE

JUST REMEMBER ONE IMPORTANT THING ABOUT WILLIAMS WHEN COLLINGWOOD ARE WINNING AND GOING WELL WILLIAMS WILL PLAY VERY WELL,WHEN COLLINGWOOD ARE GETTING BEAT AND SHIT' WE ALL KNOW THAT FEELING DONT WE'WILLIAMS IS FOUND WANTING,WILLIAMS IS A SPECTACULAR PLAYER WHEN HE WANTS TO BE !!BUT IM AFRAID HE IS A LONG WAY FROM BEING A CHAMPION AND TIME IS CATCHING UP WITH HIM.

Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 7:45 am

...wow the eggspurts are in full session,,,

I reckon you're right off the mark when you talk of Willo in such perjorative terms... He is all guts and he is a bloody class act overall. He has also reinvented himself to a degree and is showing signs of heading into new and improved roles within the team - like those who go on to champion status usually have to.

Remember how universally (we) all moaned and begroaned his placement at half back last year. He's now an AFL top line tackler which he wasn't before. His ball handling skills remain as ever, top notch.

Anyway, the real point for you experts of slash and burn is that Mighty Mick has publicly stated that he's a wanted player - thank god for Malty and his sanity prevailing.

As for Daves bish-bosh about cfc supporters giving the players some sort of hyperbole-swagger syndrome I reckon I'm lost for words. Normally Dave is spot on but on this occasion I reckon he's lost it. How could you ever measure such a claim. "stand back and take a look" - give me a break.... Ignore this nonsense and support the players as much as you possibly can in all areas. THEY ARE ALL CHAMPIONS.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 11:46 am

Pie No sauce,
No disrespect, but your line
"THEY ARE ALL CHAMPIONS."
kind of proves my point about OTT supporters, doesn't it???

On Willo, or anyone else, all along my point is, if you get a great deal, trade them!

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 5:37 pm

WILL SOME ONE LISTEN

WE DONT WANT A TEAM FULL OF CHAMPIONS

WE WANT A CHAMPION TEAM

and the sad thing is we are a long way of becoming one......

but i will be there again next year at all games VFL as well
to support the boys like i have allways done.
go pies...

Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 6:57 am

No umbrage taken at all mate,,,, the sign off “THEY’RE ALL CHAMPIONS” was meant to be tongue-in-cheek but it was perhaps a bit too subtle.

We obviously agree to disagree on Willo but if I’m wrong I’ll buy you a beer when we both end up in Oz in the future, just to show I’m sincere. cricketers arms beer garden sounds good.

On Joffa’s point about striving for a champion team…. That goal is underpinned by strong loyalty and bonds, surely.

A couple of weeks ago I posted that we ought to have one list-pick for supporters to choose and I was laughed off the panel. – fair enough, it potentially weakens one valuable pick…..

But,,, by those terms doesn’t it apply, that you need to rely on the judgement of the coach and training staff rather than distant spectators who don’t have the inside info on a players chances and potential for improvement.

I'll leave it at that, as you've no doubt detected I am pretty much against trading full stop,,, perhaps only for draft picks to pick youth.

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 9:32 am

hey its me joffa yep the beer garden sounds good shit im missing the place allready,i can smell the beer and ciggy smoke allready
it smells kinda good,my last drink was the essendon game so im licking the chops at the prospect of being in the cricketers.We all have different opinions they are a bit like arseholes we all have one but the good thing is we are all collingwood people and if we disagree we have to move on and get over it.

LETS NOT FORGET WE ARE ONE BIG COLLINGWOOD FAMILY

AND WHEN THAT DAY COMES 'WE WILL ALL BE TOGETHER'
SINGING THE GREATEST OF SONGS...

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD 4 EVER

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 2:08 pm

Actually PNS, I'm more with you than agin' ya.
I've always said (I think second post on this thread) Trade only if you get a good deal, no one is untouchable!!!

Unfortunately the Collingwood Brains Trust skills at horse trading has left me sure they cant pick a thoroughbred from a donkey, so yoof sthey way to go! Hopefully they will make a liar of me, although I recall a conversation I had with Greg Miller from North at the races (a few years ago now). When the topic turned to the pies recruiting, there was much mirth all round from the Kanga contingent. Seems like the more things change...

Ice cold lagers at the Cricketers sounds great. My shout first!!! I'll bring Joffa a couple of warm bottles of London Pride! Must try to make at least one game this year, and hopefully we will win it. Don't know if I can swing a trip through work, as I've had to pay for the last two meself, which makes it an expensive day out, especially when we've been as toilet as we have.
MAGPIE MANIAC 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 3:44 pm

Next to Buckley , Willo was our highest Brownlow Vote Getter with nine votes. I think we still need experienced players to help the kids out and should keep Willo for one more season on a performance based contract. You can't expect a player to play fantastic every game - not even Buckley can do that! I suspect that he may have been carrying an injury too. Anyway there may not be much to offer in the way of a trade and I think Willo belongs with Collingwood.
rhain 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2000 8:22 am

GIVE HIM A BREAK HE IS THE BEST TACKLER IN THE LEAGUE!
WE WILL NOT TRADE HIM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!
GO PIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: