Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Will do beat the filth by a point

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 10:33 am
Post subject: Will do beat the filth by a pointReply with quote

Just saw the score and we won 124 to 123.Anybody know any details on best players and goal kickers injuries reports etc??

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 5:26 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Williamstown won only after the goal umps altered the score after the final siren. Willy were 25 points in front at the 26 minute mark, and at the siren, the scores were actually level, 19.10.124 to 18.16.124. The umps then deleted a point from the Carlton score, much to the delight of the Williamstown faithful in the grand stand.

Scores:
Williamstown: 6.1.37 12.5.77 15.6.96 19.10.124
Carlton: 8.2.50 10.5.65 13.9.87 18.15.123

Goal kickers: Smoker 6, Dimattina 2, Lovett - Murray 2, Fletcher, Didak, West, Cole, McKee, Shaw, Dukes, Podsiadly, Anderson.

Best players: McKee, Anderson, Dimattina, Smoker, Lloyd, DeAngelis, Fletcher.

One piece of bad news from this game is the injury to Damien Adkins. He was caught beneath a pack of players late in the first quarter, and it appears that he has seriously injured his knee and/or ankle. After last season's Osteitis Pubis, this is the last thing Damien needed as he was looking good to make his senior return.

If interested, I have pics of several Collingwood listed players that played in this game.

Dale61 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:47 am

I wrongly stated in my previous post that Damien Adkins had suffered a serious injury whilst playing for Williamstown during last weeks game against Carlton. I have just noticed that Damien has been named in this weeks team to play Box Hill, so therefore, I apologise to anyone for any undue duress that I may have caused. Then again, it doesn't appear that anyone has read my last post, so my comments didn't really matter.

For those interested, I'll be attending the next home game of Williamstown, against Essendon, next Saturday, 27 April. I will be taking my camera, so my offer of pics of Collingwood listed players is still available.

Racetracks are for racing, roads are for getting there.
paulie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:12 am

Well at least one person read your post.It was excellent to find out about the changing of the scores abousoulute pisser! Keep up the good work with the reports.

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 4:38 am

I read your post too Dale61.

If you could arrange with Mike to continually post pic's of the Magoos, the effort would be greatly appreciated. If you do not have a digital camera, you will need access to a scanner, but details can be worked out, I am sure.

I was going to head out to Box Hill on Sunday, to see the Magoo's, but instead just stayed at home and nursed Saturday's excesses.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
Dale61 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 10:46 am

Onya Greg J, but what I wrote was sourced from The Herald Sun, but I was in attendance and witnessed what happened.

I have scanned the pics from the Carlton game, so who is this Mike you mention? I am only too happy to send in pics of Collingwood listed players wearing the blue and gold, but only if they are going to be used.

My email address is dawn1967@iprimus.com.au, so you, or anyone else, can contact me direct on how I contact Mike re the pics.

Racetracks are for racing, roads are for getting there.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: