Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

today's result

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 12:27 pm
Post subject: today's resultReply with quote

I was wondering, what was the score today? I couldn't get there.
Did Willy win?

I LOVE DANNY ROACH 4 EVA AND EVA
magpie24 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 12:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Just caught a glimpse of the news and Willy lost,didnt catch the scores.

******WE WILL RISE IN OUR WAY*****
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 12:38 pm

oh dammit!!!!!!!!!!!
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

magpie24 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 1:25 pm

Willy match report,thanks to Driver and Hotrod

Willi 9.13.67 lost to North Ballarat 12.8.80

Goals: Tuckey 2, Ukovic 2, Scotland 2, Cloke 1, Taylor 1, King 1

It was a scrappy hard game played on a boggy track which sapped the run pout of lost players legs by half time. Proved if ever it needed to be proved that bad kicking is bad football. Some of the gimmees they missed................

Highlight of the game was Rhyce Shaw's mark in the last Q which was almost a complete replica of the mark Capper took over Langford in that final at Waverley in the mid 80s. The only thing different was the tightness of the shorts. Subsequent kick for goal provided one of the many low lights of the day.

Difference between the two sides was a little old fella called Adrian Collard who kicked 4 or 5 great goals. Betheras played on him for most of the day and in the last Q I heard one of the senior coaching panel say in exasperation "so much for playing Rupe back into form today".

Ukovic played as a short full forward for most of the day and was ... well ... Ukovic. IUf you put a gun in his hand and told him to shoot someone he would only go for attempted murder and the target would go on to live a long life. Adkins ran the game out well on a bog track but did not shine as he was double teamed all day.

Didak played in a back pocket with a straight tagging role for 3Qs and Bews told him at quarter time "stay down back, you'll learn from it". He went on the ball in the final term and did well although he missed one he should have snagged early in the last to provide some breathing space.

Scotland looked sharp until just before 3/4 time when he was crunched in a ripper tackle and he appeared to get a bad corky. Problem was the tackler was his own ruckman Daniel King and it was the only effective tackle Willi got all day. King rucked well until the last Q when Somerville took over and helped them win the game. Richards did not play at all.

Cloke played well at both ends of the ground although his kicking for goal is iffy, Kinnear tried hard, Tuckey presented very well but did not hold as many marks as he should have given the number of times he got his hands to it. His ground level play was better than I have ever seen it, and quite passable!

Stone got a run in the second half but did not do much, Hill threatened to do some things but didn't, Lovett- Murray had an absolute nightmare game, Sheehan had little game time but actually did some good things in the 2nd Q.

******WE WILL RISE IN OUR WAY*****
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 1:38 pm

thanx for that, magpie 24.
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
wish we won.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 2:19 pm

goddam it. so were north ballarat any good or were we just shit??

DG 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 5:26 pm

Thankyou Magpie 24, I find the development of the younger recruits as very important to the development of the club and it is extremely difficult to get information on the younger players, ie Shaw, Didak, Cloke, Roach, Richards etc etc, I find these reports extremely interesting and wish to thank you for your time in writing them up.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 5:57 pm

ta for that report coz i was down the other game at Box Hill ...so i take it Rodey still didnt play awww i thought he was supposed to be on our suppy list but

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 8:20 am

I would just like to add a few things to Magpie24's match report.

It was strange walking into the ground. There was a black and white team running around on the ground, and they were not COLLINGWOOD. I had forgotten that North Ballarat are the Magpies of their local league. I had worn my black and white beanie (even knowing that Willi (not Willo thank Peter Daicos) were going to be wearing blue and yellow (gold). So it was weird to see more people wearing black and white, than blue and yellow. It was fairly obvious that the vast majority of the people wearing black and white were there to watch Willi (because some black and white gear had a Collingwood logos, or as in my case, I was with someone wearing a Collingwood logo, or as in the case of the ladies in front of me, because they kept yelling "C'MON RUPERT!").

As for Rupert not playing himself into form, well I gotta admit, I did not give him any big wraps last week. But he certainly did alright in the second quarter on Friday night!

And I missed Shaw's screamer. Turned around just in time to see him hit the deck. Where's the big screen Willi????

Greg J
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: