Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Reserves match against Roos

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 1999 5:30 am
Post subject: Reserves match against RoosReply with quote

Was there a reservs match againts the Rues on the weegend??? The CFC page only shows last week. With so much resting on the 2's I find it hard to believe how little info is available.

Nick 

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 1999 9:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to know the answer to this.

There's no mention of the game in the papers. The other 4 games are there but not Collingwood v. North. The ladder is showing both Collingwood and the Kangaroos with 5 games each. Did this game actually happen?
Mr_Plow 

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 1999 4:59 pm

I found these details of the game in The West Australian.

North 11.15 (81) beat Pies 9.8 (62)
Goals: 2-Manfield, 1- Wild, Salisbury, Adkins, Walker, Fuller, Crow, Smith

Best: Wild, Lockyer(Go Tark), Monkhorst, Schauble, Anderson

George M 

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 1999 6:49 pm

I went to the game expecting a win and left disappointed. We lead for most of the day but did not play well and did not deserve to win. With so many experienced players in the team, it was a poor result.

Watson played across half back the whole game but did not get many touches. He should remain in the reserves.

Monkhorst rucked most of the day and did well around the ground. He is keeping his chin up and should be recalled this week.

Wild must have got over 40 touches, but his use of the ball was as you would expect. Hopefully he doesn't get recalled but he probably will, as he was our best player even though his disposal was terrible.

Lee Walker was the one positive of the day for me. He played a roaming forward role and did quite well. He didn't get many touches but created three or four goals and scored one himself. He played all four quarters and should be close to selection. Walker in, Tuckey out looks an obvious change

Schauble was ok, but his young opponent took a few marks. Seeing he couldn't make the team in Mal Michael's absence, he probably won't make it now.

Of the others, Damien Adkins was very good and looks a real prospect. Crow only plodded through the game, Kinnear didn't touch it, Fuller did very little, Lockyer was ok, Raso didn't get enough posessions, Anderson looked good in patches while Manfield did pretty well.

Overall a pretty disappointing effort and this includes Danny Frawley. Seeing him at three quarter time with the game in the balance I knew we would lose. His speech provided no inspiration at all and very little instruction. He seemed to be just hoping things would work out.

MELISSA 

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 1999 6:57 pm

I saw the reserves game and I thought that the young players did well.
Brad Smith played very well, he did well in a leadership role and laid several good bumps.
Tarkyn Lockyer was played in the back line but was leading up to the forward line at any opportunity. His game was good but not as good as the papers would have us believe.
Jason Wild who was given as one of our best players was his usual self (I need not say any more on that).
Troy Kirwin recieved quite a bump on the boundary which left him stunned to say the least but he came back.
Andrew Schauble seems to be lacking in confidence.
Shane Watson appeared to have no interest in the reserves match at all.
Finally Damian Monkhorst played a really good game and showed that he is too good to play in the reserves when we could use him more in the seniors as did Scott Crow.

bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 1999 12:05 am

I'd say if the reserves report doesn't appear on time at teh CFC official site, yo ucan assume they lost.
I wouldnt be surprised if the magoos fell apart without their star forwards, which shows how important a couple of forward winners are - they lift the whole side. I hope they give Oborne another go in the seniors, along with Walker.
Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 1999 7:23 am

Thanks George and Melissa, even tho we lost I have a keen interest in the reserves given the flat profile in the 1's. Please keep up the reports as you have at least one avid reader of your reports. The venerable Venables hasn't been mentioned often, is he a candidate for the future? Any rookies showing signs?
As for the CFC web site Bokka, the mapping is terrible and it isn't update very efficiently either.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: