Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

the reserves

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
George M 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 1999 7:42 pm
Post subject: the reservesReply with quote

In Trying to find some positives from the season so far, I think the reserves team is doing very well. Of the two losses we have had the one against Carlton was very unlucky and we deserved to win. The 20 point loss to Richmond was very credible as they are the best reserves team.

Here are some of my observations of a few players:

Brad Oborne. He showed his class last game with 4 goals but should not play seniors in the short term. He is very slight and he should not be thrown to the wolves at this stage .

Craig Jacotine on the other hand is a wolf and should have had a taste of senior action this year. Phyically he is very strong and his form has been good. He is a genuinely tough player in the mould of Todd Viney and has good pace and stamina. Tagging is a good way for him to start his career. We should put him in the team in the place of Wild.

Brad Fuller is in career best form at the moment and should be in the seniors. I have my doubts on him as a player, but he did play some good senior football early last season. Hopefully he can be one of the rare players we develop from ordinary to good.

Ben Kinnear is a composed player with strong hands. He should also be given a chance so we can assess his progress. Why not play him in the seniors and allow Shauble to find some form in the reserves?

Troy Kirwen is an interesting player. He looked useless last year but looks to have improved. He is now on our rookie list. He plays like a small yet is quite tall. He can take a mark and moves around the ground with ease. An athlete who could surprise in the future.

Chris Tarrant should be in the seniors. He is laconic and it looked bad against Carlton. However he is very talented and the future of the club. I fear he won't become the gun player I was hoping, but he is still only 18 and won't be 19 until December. Time is on his side.

Damien Adkins' main attributes are pace, evasive skills and confidence. He has the ability to get plenty of touches and is a definite prospect. Still very small and probably won't play this year in the seniors.

Luckily the reserves are looking good. If we were losing every senior and reservs game, that would be totally disheartening.

George M

ps Keep an eye out for new Adelaide Crows ruckman Matthew Golding. I sent a letter to Judkins before November's draft suggesting we draft him. Nobody drafted him but the crows took him on their rookie list. If he turns out to be a good ruckman if will hurt.

bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 1999 1:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

yes that sounds encouraging, sounds like some good prospects there...
Mick 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 1999 3:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

To George M - most of your recruiting calls have been overlooked and come back to haunt us - I hope you keep a record. Why don't you write to Eddie directly with what you've suggested in the past ? Can't agree with you more about putting any ruckman on our rookie list. They obviously had an agenda not to pick one in the draft so why not take out insurance ? It really hurt to see Richmond with Ottens, McKee and Gale (in the twos). Monky is well past it. Smith will never make it. Gardiner may be alright but probably not quite big enough to ruck. Someone on the rookie list pressuring these guys would be so much better for the Club. Instead we have Kirwen (we're still in love with athletes rather than footballers) and Manfield (a 2 club reject).

This week's team - could Shaw possibly give the players some certainty on where they will play ? Why not take the opportunity to settleon core defenders and forwards instead of chopping each week. Swap A Rocca & Richo, play Burns half back with Crosisca on the other flank (he, like Browny is not a goal kicker). Williams on the ball swapping at half forward. Freeborn in the forward line.
Bench - Monkey, Tape, Jacotine, Schauble (we'll need his height)

GO PIES !!!!!!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: