Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

January 9 membership cut off

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dgen 

Nick's BB Member #43

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:42 pm
Post subject: January 9 membership cut offReply with quote

I have been a member of Collingwood in one way or another since 1991 and tonight have received my membership medallion for 2003.
It came with a letter from the club saying that "as previously stated your membership payment was received after the 9th January 2003 therefore unfortunately you will not be guaranteed a Grand Final Ticket, if we participate." Have I missed something? I have looked through my hard copy membership brochure and the one currently on the official web site on I can't find where it states that membership payments need to be made before Jan 9 the Grand Final ticket guarantee. If anyone can remember seeing this condition can you please let me know as I'm quite anxious to find out where this is written.

Thanks

'caveat pica pica'
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I know when i've rung the club and got the 'on hold' information that it mentions that if you hadn't paid by a certain date (December i think) then your membership didn't guarantee a ticket in the GF and that you'd go into a ballot for it like they did with Social Club memberships last year, but i don't recall seeing anything in writing and in fact i believe it should have been put on the renewal forms.

dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:22 pm

Dgen, On January 10 the club released a media statement that read to that effect. Search the clubs site and see if you can find it.

The reason is that based on the way the AFL allocate GF tickets to the competing clubs and the reduced capacity of the G, we had reached our quota of tickets allocated to "guranteed GF ticket" members. This was on a worse case scenario where we would play the Crows in the GF.

Because the crows only have ONE level of member - if you 8yo or 80yo you pay the same price - no concession available at all. They have approx 45,000 "adulT" members and we will probably have 25000 (real) ADULT members, the split of GF tickets is a % based on your adult members.

So for example if there is 30000 tickets available for the two competing clubs - us and crows - and 70,000 is the total adult members (Coll 25k + Crows 45k) it is split on a percentage basis. Collingwood have approx 35% of the total and the crows approx 65%, so therefore Collingwood get 35% of the 30,000 tickets, which is 10,500 and the crows get 65% of the available tickets which is 19,500.

Hope that makes sense.

I know its bullshit etc etc etc but thats the way it is and there isnt anything we can do about it!!!

Best case Scenario is that we play the Bulldogs, North or the Swans where we would have around 75% of the allocated tickets.

NEVER EVER will all Collingwood supporters or members be able to attend a GF. Start saving now and make sure you can pay your membership in October or November, or save you money to pay the scalpers!!

We just gotta get used to it.

[This message has been edited by dillo_09 (edited 04 March 2003).]
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:14 pm

... here we go again ...

You're quite right. It doesn't say anything on the membership brochures, because in past years a GF guarantee was automatically included in Social Club membership. But over the summer there has been such a big upsurge in Social Club membership that they can no longer guarantee that there'll be enough seats for everyone if we make the GF.

So, they brought this January 9 deadline in. Unfortunately they brought it in retrospectively, so those of us who were a bit slow renewing found out we'd missed out when it was too late to do anything about it.

If it's any comfort, I missed out too ...

... of course, it's no comfort

There's already been a big debate on Nick's about this, and I had a lot to say then. So, I won't make any further comment now.

GO HARD OR GO HOME
Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" http://alf.magpies.net
CAAS 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:45 am

I am still friggin waiting for mine. Bought it Jan 20th.

5 Cougars thanks
CP 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:08 am

The biggest problem I had with the January 9 cut-off was the fact that Greg Swann promised members at the AGM that we would all receive a letter outlining the process re the cut-off shortly after the AGM. It never came.

Next thing I heard was a mate who'd renewed asking me if "I got in efore the deadline" sometime in mid-Jan. Hang on!! What deadline?

I missed out too.

dimo 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 6:02 am

There's always fine print samewhere people can't read..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: