Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Scott Burns

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Both arguments are very valid and both players are so vital to our team. I think with Bux hes just so brilliant that we have become accustomed to him, and his skill is unlike anything else we have seen. Burnsy is more the tough, in and under player so in alot of aspects they are very different. I would have them both in our top 5 though and beleive it is almost impossible to split them in terms of team value.

BROOKE'S TECHNO LYRICS ENCYCLOPAEDIA

" Never again will I be broken, never again will someone hurt my soul again. My heart was open, never again will I fall"

***NeVeR aGaIn - MiLk InC.***
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 6:12 am

As I said in my Opinion Buckley would not be in my top 3 in the current team. That is not saying Buckley is a dud.

What would I know? lets ask the Collingwood Football Club as in those who award votes for the Copeland Trophy.

Where did Bucks finish?

And what was the top 3?

Wearmouth 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 6:27 am

The definitive player.

One of those players that even the opposition cant question the integrity of.

If a time machine could be used I would stand him side by side with the Colliers boys, Rose, Tuddy, Pants and the like. Real Collingwood 6 footers. The men amongst men.

Go Pies 2003!!
yep eh dai 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:38 am

To fathom the importance of a player like Scott Burns you have to have watched a lot of footbal, watched a lot of collingwood and perhaps even played a bit of football. Im not saying that ive done all those things, im only 19 but ive been watching Collingwood long enough to see Scotty's entire career and notice the massive whole that tears open in our line up during his absence.

Scott Burns in one of the most underated players in the AFL, you wont find too many players in the competition that have his qualities, qualities that you just cant teach a footballer. Even when he goes off during the quarter the attack on the football and tempo amongst the players seems to drop.

Getting back to Bucks before i lynched. His skills are second to none, his commitment and application is also second to none im not denying that. I love bucks as much as the next guy, but in my opinion i think a player like burnsy is missed perhaps more than Bucks.

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 11:10 am

re: burnsy & bucks being the most important players in our team.

sorry, but rocca's the man as far as i'm concerned. last year he took over the title of our most important player. think if we lost him for this entire year. he does so much, both in the ruck and at centre-half-forward - perhaps the two most important positions on the ground.

d9 tank 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 12:22 pm

I'm not even going to bother comparing our two best players, but I will say that watching over the GF Burns should have won the Norm Smith. NEVER have I seen a player lay so many effective crunching tackles in one match, a true star.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 4:28 pm

2002 Copeland Trophy Votes

Paul Licuria - 41
Scott Burns - 37
James Clement -36
Tarkyn Lockyer - 33
Shane Wakelin - 33
Ben Johnson - 32
Simon Prestigiacomo - 32
Anthony Rocca - 32
Nathan Buckley - 31

Here is how they voted, hence you see a clear difference of opinion of how fans see players performed during 2002 ahead of the Club.

[This message has been edited by Culprit (edited 02 March 2003).]
PJB 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 7:22 pm

Scott Burns is as tough as they come. When he was out injured you realized how much he meant to the side. His tackling and hardness at the ball as well as his poise when under pressure is an example for all. He is definitely up there as one of the most important players along with Bucks,Pebbles and Lica.

We are one,we are Collingwood ...
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:44 am

Seeing the #17 carving up the dawks was a great sight. Unreal he doesn't get a mention in some write ups yet Buckley gets a mention and from the game I thought Buckley's game was terrible as was woeys.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:28 am

Sorry Tessa, 21 possesions maybe good, but his passing on the night was way below the standard Bucks has set. Burns however was all class.

d9 tank 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:33 am

Buckley wasnt BOG but I dont see how you could call his game terrible. He sat a fair bit of the game on the pine and still managed 21 possies, and would have gotten the most clearances for us.

Scotty17 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:03 am

Monty was vital last year in us getting to the GF. Bucks is hugely important to us because he takes the best opposition tagger every week leaving the likes of Burns, O'Bree, Scotland, McGough and Lica to have the extra freedom of not being tagged or if they are tagged, by a less capable player.

After all the injuries and setbacks Burnsy has had he deserves to taste success and play in a winning team.

Go Pies!
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:14 am

Burns was brilliant last night and could have picked up 40 possies if he played the full 4 quaters....

We will be hard to stop this year....we will miss Burns BIG TIME in r1!!!!

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:40 am

To many reporters gave him BOG because of his Possessions, as most of those would not have attended. Nearly all of his possessions I saw went nowhere and to no one or to someone under pressure. As I said not his usual skilled self. He had a shocker as far as Bucks standard goes. Too many people think someone is BOG by how many possessions they get. Quality rather than quantity is the key.

The Following are two different opinions on the web.

AFL.com BEST:Collingwood: Lockyer, Tarrant, Didak, Buckley, Williams, Rocca.

Real Footy: Best: Collingwood: Lockyer, Burns, Tarrant, Buckley, Williams, Didak, Davis.

Now I ask you this, how can these two different writers have one with Burns one without in their best? Simply, they did not see the game and look at stats. Buckley gets in for the amount of possessions. As I said his posessions were a waste and even the great Bucks would admit it.

[This message has been edited by Culprit (edited 03 March 2003).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: