Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is this a Footy BB or what...let's get real !

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skins 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2000 10:20 am
Post subject: Is this a Footy BB or what...let's get real !Reply with quote

I know that this BB is accessed by many different people, from many different walks of life and with many different ideas on footy...and while that ok....let's try to remember...cos it seems like some of us are getting off the track a bit with some of the topics...that this is a footy BB and more importantly a Collingwood BB.

Lets have some discussion/debate/ideas about footy issues.

Firstly, I read in the AFL site today, something about Angelo Lekkas being used as trade bait with Adelaide and Hawthorn and Collingwood. Rehn to Hawks, Lekkas to Collingwood and Rocca S to Adelaide.

I know Rocca hasn't done much for us in the last 3-4 years and deserved to be delisted, but have we been that naughty (Collingwood that is) that we deserve to get caught with a dud/hack/no namer (take your pick) from Hawthorn. ?????

Surely we don't deserve that...makes me think of the days when we recruited BOOM PLAYERS like Stephen Ryan.

magpienick 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2000 10:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Angelo Lekkas isnt a dud in my opinion. He's not a big name player but he int no dud. Look at O'Bree! he came to us as a low key player and he was one of our best three players this year. Buckley and Tarrant being the others.

Lekkas is 24 years old who has represented Victoria at State of Origin level and is one of the most under rated players in the competition. He's in the same boat as Simon "Perry" Como.

I would rather have Lekkas instead of Rehn or Eccles. Lekkas can play defence and in the midfield while Rehn has 2 or 3 years maximum left.

Gone are the days when you could buy which ever player you wanted. I too would love to have players like Cousins, Voss, Lloyd and Kouta etc.. playing for the pies but theres no chance of that ever happening.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2000 10:48 am

yes this is a Footy BB but IT IS THE OFF SEASON K!

Angelo Lekkas i would like to see at Collingwood. I think we could turn him into a better player than Hawthron have tried to!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

Broadie 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2000 4:21 am

Much rather Lekkas than Eccles.

Actually I think I'd prefer Sav to either of them.

Oh well.
eMmA 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2000 4:47 pm

I PREFER SAV TOO!!!

He is a total *star* and to forget a total gun and also not to forget a total HONEY!!!!!

everyone bags him for no good reason at all,just because he has a bad run doesnt mean jack,i mean every good player has to hav a bad day some time right????but as soon as my baby SAV goes wrong everyone jumps on his shoulder giving him shit and telling him how worthless he is to collingwood!!!!!its not the way to treat a good player with heaps of talent,skill and potential!!!

LATERZ

SAV IS SEXY-->36 UNTIL FOREVER-->ROCCA BROS ROCK MY WORLD!!!!!

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2000 4:04 am

I'd prefer Sav but let's face it, he's not MM's pin up boy, so we may as well get something for him.
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2000 9:59 am

Sav needed to B worked with a whole heap more at Collingwood but since Shawry tried to offload him noone bothered to help Sav resurect his career. Ever since Daics left this club has been a heap of shit on the field so why couldnt our Macedonian marvel, not to mention one of our greatest goal kickers, come down and help Sav out while he was havving a shitful time?

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

skins 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2000 10:29 am

A large part of playing footy....and particularly playing it well....is MENTAL. Sav could play...that was obvious by the number goals he kicked, but he never beleived in himself and I think in the end, his own mental state, meant that he couldn't get the best out of himself.

Daics was a true Champion...the likes of which we may never have seen since he retired (Buckley is his equal I muse admit...but no one else) and not even he could have got inside Sav's head and made him believe in himself.

Daics could have shown him how to kick a goal...how to get the ball, but Sav didn't need this. Even Daics... wasn't going to be able to get Sav to WANT TO BE A FOOTBALLER AND TO THRIVE ON THE SUCCESS THAT FOOTY BRINGS TO THE CHAMPION PLAYERS.

skins 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2000 10:30 am

A large part of playing footy....and particularly playing it well....is MENTAL. Sav could play...that was obvious by the number goals he kicked, but he never beleived in himself and I think in the end, his own mental state, meant that he couldn't get the best out of himself.

Daics was a true Champion...the likes of which we may never have seen since he retired (Buckley is his equal I muse admit...but no one else) and not even he could have got inside Sav's head and made him believe in himself.

Daics could have shown him how to kick a goal...how to get the ball, but Sav didn't need this. Even Daics... wasn't going to be able to get Sav to WANT TO BE A FOOTBALLER AND TO THRIVE ON THE SUCCESS THAT FOOTY BRINGS TO THE CHAMPION PLAYERS.

maggee_pye 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 5:33 pm

sav is gone, and there are at least four clubs scrambling for his services, lets for a change get something decent for off loading a player, yes sav is a star, a wondering star, but no less a star. lekkas is not! very good draft pick which we can on trade (essendon have suggested lucas is available for a top five draft pick) or a really good player i.e david king, who will add much needed experience and leadership and more speed to our already super quick mosquito fleet.
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 7:14 am

David King for Sav, I could live with that. I wonder if the orangeroos will swallow a direct swap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: