Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood - A New Era

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:27 pm
Post subject: Collingwood - A New EraReply with quote

Who believes that we are entering an era of greatness, or is the 2002 Collingwood team just a flash in the pan (what the hell does that mean anyway)? I don’t know about everyone else but let’s face facts (as tough as it is), 1 flag in 44 years is just not good enough by anyone’s measure. I find it staggering to think that in 1958, Collingwood had 13 flags. It’s 2003 and just one more has been added (no thanks to some men in white).

What right does Collingwood really have to call itself the greatest (hell I think so, but let’s forget for a second, just for a second, that we follow the Pies)? Sure we’ve got the biggest and most loyal supporter base, sure we’ve had the most finals appearances, and sure we’ve won more games than any other team in history. But you can take all that and stick it where the sun don’t shine, I want Premierships! I want the most Premierships, that’s the only record I want, there is no possible comeback to that. I am sick to death of the two other team’s supporters (you know who), who have more flags than us. I believe things are going to change, are changing.

I couldn’t care less if we win or lose our first game of the year. The last game of the year is what I want to win. Let’s just wait and see what 2003 brings us (hopefully a flag). I believe the current team is capable of greatness. I don’t think we are just at the start of a new year, but the start of a new era. I think for the first time in a long time the opposition is really scared. Scared of Collingwood.

Go Pies!
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Ant. Let them cower under the shadow of our wings.

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:21 pm

Personally, and I stress, personally, actually winning the GF is not as important to me as having the respect and fear of the opposition supporters.
To walk down the street in Magpie colours and have people sneer at you, or even spit at you is pure bliss.
This is the thing most missed over the last decade. We became a joke, an easybeat. People felt SORRY for us..........oh how low could we go?
No longer!!!!!!!
R.E.S.P.E.C.T
Thats what I want, and what MM and Eddie have delivered.

-Craig

THE POSSUM PIES 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:40 pm

Very True Craig, at the Grand Final dinner last year, a very upbeat occasion considering, Eddie and Mick both spoke about the changing times of the way Collingwood WAS viewed by others, to the way THEY want them to be viewed in the future. Could have something to do with the lifeline we have offered the scum. They both want the Club, the Team, the Supporters to be respected by everyone, and anyone involved in football to look upon Collingwood as the flagship for all others to follow. The current team is absolutely awesome, and has given us all the ammunition to once again walk tall, and never be criticised for having any inadequacies.

Its a long way to the top, if you want an
03 Premiership flag on the pole!!!

wa magpie Taurus

The Future

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:26 pm

oh its coming. theres just a feeling i get when i watch the team now that ive never had before. even against carlscum on sunday the guys showed sum of the stuff we became used to in 2002 and its only february. the pies are back baby.

kill em pies!
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:19 pm

Anthony I tried, honest I did, but I couldn't "let’s forget for a second, just for a second, that we follow the Pies" its just not possible. oh I totaly agree with you tho, we should have the most flags! our trophy cabinet should be larger than any one elses! it will be one day, oh it will be.
We are comming, the Magpies will take their rightfull spot on top.

MagpieMad
http://magpiemad.magpies.net/
black&whitebeliever 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:39 am

Agree with you AnthonyC this is a new team..there is a new vision, new hope , new dynamic at Collingwood.I have been following them since 1959..and there's an optimism and belief in themselves that has been sadly missing for many . many ,years.Particularly they are working well as a team.. we have had our champions.. many of them , but often lacked that real sense of sticking together as one.. I see it in the Magpies now and I am anticipating great things to come..all credit to new management and coaching over the past couple of years which has totally changed the culture at Collingwood.

Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:53 am

we have already begun our decade of dominance.....this year will be a feature year with the boys bringing home the bacon to mamma....

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:56 am

I think the era began when Malthouse was appointed by Eddie

The plan was put in place and now the rewards are being reaped

jlc

Its not arrogance if you can back it up

Fate is what you are given, Destiny is what you do with it

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Mr Pieman 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 3:46 pm

I remember talk of a new era and a decade of dominance very soon after the 1990 GF. Lets hope that this time it comes to fruition.

CARN THE PIES

couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 4:03 pm

CRAIG!! u took the words outta my mouth, couldnt say it any better, a few years ago people would laugh at us but now its time to laugh back! its a black and white era boys, put your seat belts on cause its gunna be 1 hell of a ride!

footy ROX!
Scotty Russell 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 4:35 pm

As a South Australian Collingwood member I would like to put my point of view forward. Last Saturday afternoon I was asked who I was going for on Saturday night (Port v Crows) - my answer "I couldnt care less-my team is playing tomorrow afternoon,as far as I am concerned I hope Port and the Crows both lose!"."Who do you barrack for?" I was asked."I AM A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER"I answered - well the looks I got were lovely to see - We ARE hated again because we ARE feared and a new era of domination has begun.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: