Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Myer Chadstone sex assault on girl

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
member34258 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:26 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

eddiesmith wrote:
So now we can tell everyones nationality by their name? Whats a typical Aussie name then?

"Mate"
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:09 pm

It's true I guess, we do tend to forget that most countries have some degree of multiculturality (yes, I made that word up), and as Sherrife mentioned, there is still a large Muslim population in India. But yeah, I'd be surprised if, say, a Chinese guy turned up with an Islamic or Anglo sounding name.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:39 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
sherrife wrote:
Joffa:
What do you mean you're against the death penalty?

Are there two people using your account? Because its quite clear earlier on that you're all for it?

PP:
There are something like 200 million muslims living in india.

i too was very gobsmacked by Joffa's complete turn around., but then, that's the power of debating I suppose, that with facts you can change people's minds/perception/attitude.

Completely against it..now if we all agreed whilst debating this very emotional issue it would of ceased to of been a debate..i was and will be in future debates be playing the devils advocate so to speak..i was heartwarmed by the many responses wanting to calmly and intelligently put reasons why this barbaric act is completely unjust.

The fact is im dead against capitol punishment..my somewhat colorful descriptions advocating society's right to have capitol punishment worked beautifully.

Keep the debates comming i thrive on this kind of stuff!!

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:09 am

David wrote:
I'd be surprised if, say, a Chinese guy turned up with an Islamic or Anglo sounding name.

I work for an asian company (LG Electronics, Korean) and all the asians have names like Dennis, Bob, David, Howard and Roger couple up with surnames like Kim, Sonn Yung and Kwan.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:15 pm

nuxta wrote:
David wrote:
I'd be surprised if, say, a Chinese guy turned up with an Islamic or Anglo sounding name.

I work for an asian company (LG Electronics, Korean) and all the asians have names like Dennis, Bob, David, Howard and Roger couple up with surnames like Kim, Sonn Yung and Kwan.

I may be wrong, but I think that when people from China or elsewhere come to Australia, they are given the choice of choosing an anglo first name. This was the case with all the Chinese exchange students in high school.

Does anyone have any opinions on why this is done? I'd just as soon call them by their real name.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:17 pm

What is your real name? By the way, do you mind if I ask you a personal question?
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:30 pm

i work with gary, peter, aileen, johnny, simon, vincent

and they all have surnames like:

vu, soh, wong, chan, leung etc

oh and they weren't born here and all have accents, but speak fluent english (although one speaks better than he writes, but you get that with aussies as well lol)

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:39 pm

http://www.news.com.au/sundayheraldsun/story/0,21985,21441756-661,00.html

Abuse suspect link to false papers
EXCLUSIVE: Kelvin Healey, Crime reporter

March 25, 2007 12:00am
Article from: Sunday Herald SunFont s

AN alleged pedophile accused of kidnapping sisters and sexually assaulting one of them in a Melbourne shopping centre is suspected of sneaking into Australia on false documents.

The girls were just eight and nine.

The Sunday Herald Sun can reveal the Immigration Department has launched an urgent inquiry into what it fears is a major breach of national security.

Immigration officials are investigating whether the man committed sex crimes in NSW, left Australia and returned under a different name.

The department officials admitted they were not certain of the accused sex fiend's true identity.

The breach was discovered after Victorian detectives arrested Indian student Mohammad Khan last Saturday.

Mr Khan was charged with abducting the Narre Warren sisters at a Chadstone Shopping Centre store on March 14.

He allegedly approached the girls in the store's toy department and coaxed them into a change room, where he sexually assaulted the nine-year-old.

After his arrest, it was discovered Mr Khan's fingerprints matched those of a man wanted for sex crimes in NSW.

But the NSW suspect had a different name.

Mr Khan, who purports to be 22, was in Australia on a student visa, police said after his arrest.

He is said to have arrived in Australia about a year ago and was living in Springvale.

Kate Walshe, spokeswoman for Immigration Minister Kevin Andrews, admitted the case had "serious implications" for national security.

She said the department was working with police in Victoria and NSW to find out what had happened.

"In the first instance, we have to work out exactly what has happened and how it has happened," she said. "Several agencies are working to find out what has occurred.

"They are very serious allegations of criminal activity."

Ms Walshe admitted the minister's office was not certain of the man's real identity.

She said the minister was receiving regular updates on the investigation.

"While the investigation is continuing, the minister will keep a close watch on the case to determine exactly what method of fraud may have occurred and action will be taken," she said.

Mr Khan was working at a Clayton supermarket when detectives swooped on him at 6.45pm last Saturday.

They made the arrest after security vision of a suspect was publicised. Police received a flood of calls.

He is charged with abduction, false imprisonment, indecent assault and committing an indecent act in the presence of a child.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: