Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Frawley's already started with the Excuses

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:20 am
Post subject: Frawley's already started with the ExcusesReply with quote

Geez this guy must have stolen pages from one T Shaws excuse book.

Like here are two of his comments, "The result was a reality check". Yeah as far as his coching goes I agree.

"They got their running game going and we got into our shells a bit". Like hello!, you have to have some sort of game (plan) to get running too.

As usual now that Richo has secured a great contract he did nothing, Kickless in the first half and a couple in the second. The most over rated forward playing in the AFL by a mile, geez Ben Kinnear has more of a go and that's saying something.

Prediction, if they are out of the 8 midway through the real season Frawley will not be coach by round 22.

Bring on Round 1 and lets put some Nails in that coffin.

SuperBucks 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree. I thought bitchmond could make the 8 this year but they were a donut team last night. No middle whatsoever. Richo was appalling, and he shouted at teammates. Maybe another suspension is in order, Frawley.

paulie 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:35 am

I reckon Richo should go play in the premier league as a goal keeper the way he blames his team mates.What a great coaching box it is with Jewell,Frawley and the Great man from the Blues.

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:18 am

some how with spud talking like that i reckon his job is under threat already dont be suprise if we hammer them rnd 1 he aint gone

d9 tank 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:22 am

The Tigers were discraceful last night, looked very underdrilled and unfit, or maybe the Dees were just very good. Either way it looked a very poor match and not nearly as good as the Western derby. Lets hope Richmond play that well against us in round 1 after there nice long trip to Geraldton!

creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:07 am

Completely agree Tess, remember how we went in last years Wizard cup, i know that Richmond had almost a full side but you cant start bagging a team after how you play in the wizard cup.

Personally i wouldnt be suprised if we go out in the first round as Malthouse will try different things and use them as practice matches.

Lets wait till the real stuff and watch us fly!!!!!

Collingwood and Tottenham, what a great combination!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 2:26 pm

Yep it is a Practice match, but that is never a reason to stop bagging the opposition..lol

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 2:43 pm

Danny Frawley should enjoy his last few weeks of coaching........lol Sure you can treat the game as a practice match but you still want to get some positives out of the game. Im not sure how many Richmond got ??

Essendon did no better they got within 62 points of the Kangaroos.....lol lol Only bright spark is the son of Tim, Jobe Watdson or whatever his name is. Didnt see the game but kicked 3 goals so must have been ok

I cant believe teams only kick one or 2 nine pointers a game.......im expecting 5 or 6 by Collingwood against carlton

jlc

Its not arrogance if you can back it up

Fate is what you are given, Destiny is what you do with it

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Slayer 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:35 am

Agree with comments re Frawley - he is going to understand what pressure is all about.
He challenged the club lasy year, saying there fibre would be tested - how would they react with the poor years showing.
Well they kept danny boy ..... now he has to deliver.
The club has spent big !
The ex footy director from the roos,
an experienced assitant / senior coach from the blues
and 2 premiership players

Hows the pressure Danny ........

Richmond will be back page news - but i think for all the wrong reasons .............

As for richo ..... not that u would have taped it to review, but most of the time the ball was kicked well short of his lead, or over his head. GAve the full forward no chance.

Reminded me of the collingwood of the Shaw years ......

The only way to discover the limits of the possible, is to go beyond them, to the impossible.
Seth 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:56 am

Half time interview by Gerard Whateley and Danny Frawley along the boundary, sometimes you'd wish it would go a little like this.

GW - "Gerard, not started off too well, maybe a better second half from the boys?"
DF - "Yeah thanks for the interview Gerard, I haven't had one for some time and quite frankly I've missed you guys terribly. I've been practising my cliche's all summer and my one liners you know trying to talk up the side and Richo but in the end as we can all see here we are still 5h!t, we haven't improved anywhere and our players are still gutless wonders with no ticker."
GW - "Richo has been struggling in the first half, do you hope for an improvement from him?"
DF - "Yeah thanks Gerard for that question, I knew it was coming. I had an answer all mapped out for that one. I was gonna say that it is only the first game and he will improve, he will have a blinder of a year just wait and see and all that stuff but quite frnakly Gerard we f....en say that every year and I'm sick of it. Let's face it he is a dickhead, I think he should go and play tennis or something, you know a nice individual type game because he is definately not a team player and not the sort of player we like down at Tigerland. I believe the highlight of the next half will be watching Richo abuse his teammates."
GW - "Actaully Danny his stats are down on that, he has managed only 3 abuses for the first half"
DF - "Yeah thanks for those stats Gerard, really appreciate it mate, in fact I appreciate the interview, getting my head on the Tv and hearing the sound of my own voice. See those stats are slack really aren't they Gerard? I am hoping for an improvement from Richo this half with at least 6 abuses, I'll be happy with that."
GW - "Well there's 5 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter Danny I better let you get to the coaches box."
DF - "Has it started already, well I'd love to keep talking to you guys all night Gerard but I'd better go and maybe try and coach these hacks. Hard decisions have to be made, that's what I get paid for. Oh 5h!t, I think I used that line somewhere last year."
GW - "Seeya Danny."
DF - "Bye Gerard, seeya next time."

'Go trig boy, it's your birthday'.
Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:59 am

he makes his side play an ulta flood game plan which is never gonna win you any games..and when he gets rightly thrashed he blames the players.. frawley has lost it.. the only way richmond can score goals with that game style is if the umpires give them a free kick.. or the opposition makes a really obvious mistake..those flooding techniques may have worked a few years ago..but you cant get away with that now..if frawley keeps it up(and it doesnt seem like he has any other plan..like trying to score goals!) he will be gone by round 10...

pure magic...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: