Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

State of Murray

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marylebone Murray 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:30 pm
Post subject: State of MurrayReply with quote

I have been worried sick about the health of this great icon of our land.
Once the mightiest of the mighty, now, this icon may not be with us much longer. What's become of this I ask you, how can we as a country have failed to look after one of our national treasures?

It makes me sick to the stomach to admit that I too, am as guilty as the next man.

Yes, I must come clean, I have not really kept track of how this Aussie legend has been doing since the halcyon days.

What is it that makes us forget? What vicious beast resides inside us that turns us from the path of righteousness and salvation to one of damnation and doom?

Please oh please, I beseech any out there who know thew state of the Murray to come to this place and reassure us that all is not lost.

The question, of course, on the lips of one and all in this land, from the cane farmers in North Queensland to the fisherman bravbing it off the rugged Southern Tasmanian coast, from the smarmy set sipping lattes and talking dribble in Sydney to the surfers catching a late evening swell off Cottlesloe. The qwuestion that needs answering.

The Murray

The Murray

The Murray

How is Murray Weideman doing these days..he was a great player, wasn't he?

DISCLAIMER - If any of my posts are contrary to the views of Murray or any of the other Murrays then my views and opinions are to be totally ignored.

Moccasin_m 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

yes where is the mighty Murray Weideman??

DISCLAIMER - I should be totally ignored.

carlisle St murray 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:36 pm

There is almost nothing I could add to this piece on our icon we call our Murray, some of us have played in the warmth of our Murray, some of us have done some unmentionable things with our Murray, why do we disrecpect our Murray! I think that is the question, not how can fix our Murray we do not seem to care about our Murray!

DISCLAIMER - If any of my posts are contrary to the views of Murray or any of the other Murrays then my views and opinions are to be totally ignored.

Mooroopna_Murray 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:38 pm

The Murray was one of the greatest players to ever pull on the Black & White jumper.
I was but a boy when he made that famous run along the mcg boundary. You all know the one, Blck & White (could it be anything else?) footage of him bouncing his way towards the punt road goal and then slamming it through. Such a great bit of film.
The only thing on the web I can find is located at; http://collingwoodfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=history&spg=honorroll
and just mentions him on an honour roll.
Sorry Marylebone Murray, I too would like to know how far has our beloved Murray slipped into old age and obscurity.

Murray River 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:40 pm

Woe is Me, how the hell can we sit by and watch this. Oh, dear me Please let me be one of the first to wish him all the best... God speed to you Murray

[This message has been edited by Murray River (edited 02 February 2003).]

Naughty_Murray 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:55 pm

Come on now guys!
Why is it that we Collingwood supporters want to live in the past? For me, murray is finished, his era passed by.
We should not worry about the state of our Murray, nay, let us worry about the state of more recent servants of our club. Like.....Jason Wild!
Where is he? What is he doing?
Ask not what Jason did for our club, ask only how it would compare to an old timer like Murray.

carlisle St murray 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:55 pm

Is there a Swan Hill Insitute of Tafe in the Murray? sort of like R.M.I.T. in Melbourne.

Marylebone Murray 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:56 pm

Thanks for the prompt replies, Murray, Murray, Murray and Murray.

The question still remains unanswered.

Is there another Murray out there who possesses the wisdom, intelligence, sagacity and knowledge to answer the question??

Once again I must retire to bed, still an insomniac, tossing all night, with that question still burning a hole in the deepest recesses of my mind.

IS THERE A MURRAY OUT THERE WHO CAN SAVE ME????

Murray 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:06 am

Well I think I have finally made it in this world - a whole topic on the one and only MURRAY. God I love it. I hope this topic stays near the top all year.

DISCLAIMER - If any of my posts are contrary to the views of Mike or any of the other Mods then my views and opinions are to be totally ignored.

Murray 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:01 am

Hey Craig, what are you doing. You were letting this slip too far down the board so I thought I would, get it up for you, if you get my drift.

DISCLAIMER - If any of my posts are contrary to the views of Mike or any of the other Mods then my views and opinions are to be totally ignored.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: