Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

News........Thursday

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 11:13 am
Post subject: News........ThursdayReply with quote

Josh Fraser reflects...
afl.com.au
2:03:53 PM Thu 16 January, 2003

September 28 was all of 110 days ago. But the events of that day – grand final day 2002 - are fixed fast in Josh Fraser’s memory.

“It’s still fresh in my mind, and I think I speak for everyone who played in the game. That will remain with us until we get another opportunity to play in a grand final,” said Fraser.

"Looking back, who knows how many opportunities you’re going to get? The older guys may only have three or four years left and they want to grab those opportunities, so we’ll be working as hard as we can to get another shot at it soon."

No matter who you talk to at Collingwood, the topic keeps coming around to the same things – the determination to atone – the sense of common purpose – the drive and enthusiasm that’s sustained the Magpies through the pre-season.

Josh Fraser is no different.

“We certainly don’t think we overachieved last year. In a lot of people’s eyes, we may have. But we know what we were capable of and we still do,” he told 3AW.

“I think anything less (this year) than the effort we had last year is going to be disappointing and the boys know that.”

From the day he was picked up at number one in the 1999 National Draft, the football world had been waiting for Fraser to bulk up – and now in 2003, it’s happening.

The key forward/on-baller is discernibly stronger for a summer in the gym. And with a bit more meat on those bones, he’s looking forward to taking the next step towards what many people at Collingwood believe is his destiny - superstardom.

The modest youngster believes there are many others at Victoria Park ready to join him on the journey.

“We’ve got an enthusiastic young group and I’m sure Mick and the coaching staff will be looking for players in their second and third years to step up which will add another dimension and some more excitement to the way we play,” Fraser said.

“Our attitude towards training has been first class so it’s just a matter of keeping that momentum up and keeping a positive frame of mind which can be difficult during the year. But I think our group’s strong enough to do that.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Young Magpie out for season
By Chloe Saltau
January 16 2003
realfooty.com.au

Young Collingwood forward Tom Davidson has earned the unfortunate distinction of becoming the first anterior cruciate knee victim of 2003. The 19-year-old, a second-year player who was considered likely to push for senior selection early in the season, wrecked his knee during an innocuous training drill on Monday.

Football manager Neil Balme expected Davidson would have a full knee reconstruction within days. "That's what we're thinking," Balme said last night. "It was just a normal, everyday drill. He just got bumped into and did his knee. It was very simple.

"There was a bit of shepherding, a bit of that. I was watching it and it was nothing too extreme, it just happened."

Davidson, the 27th selection in the 2001 national draft, is the son of former Geelong and Richmond player Garry Davidson, and spent last season playing for the Magpies' VFL affiliate, Williamstown, after playing two games in the pre-season competition.

Monday's mishap has now dashed any hope of Davidson taking part in Collingwood's effort to improve on its 2002 grand final berth.

"Nothing's ever assured but we would have expected him to play (seniors) and have a fair impact early on," Balme said. "He's got a lot of support . . . It's very disappointing for him."

<snipped some crap about St.kilda>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Got some news? Post it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://magpiemad.magpies.net/
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 5:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
From the day he was picked up at number one in the 1999 National Draft, the football world had been waiting for Fraser to bulk up and now in 2003, its happening.

Anyone been down to training to see if this is noticeably true? (And who remembers Wes Fellowes bulking up - its not necessarily a good thing)

"I am disrespectful to scum! Can you see I am serious!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: