Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bulletin Board Etiquette

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Special Delivery 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 12:18 pm
Post subject: Bulletin Board EtiquetteReply with quote

Hey all,

Having just read the 'disgraceful' posting after CC re-posted it, and then reading Joel's reply, I just need to say that Joel I think you are wrong.

Etiquette on this Bulletin Board is at the discretion of the moderators and I suggest mate that it is not up to any individual who can dictate what, when and why someone can post on this board.

It was an interesting read what CC produced and whether it was cut and pasted or just restarted I think all users in this forum :

a) Are aware of the particulars of a post i.e time of posting in each message, and therefore need not be protected and indeed sheltered from a previous E-mail because of it's age or nature.

and

b) Should not feel limited about what they can and can't do operationally with a posting unless specified by a moderator/Mike etc.

I mean let's face it-the title of that posting stirred up an emotion which is quite relevant in hindsight and in fact was probably appropriate now to remind all of us at how comments can come back and bite people in the bum. That's football, that's Collingwood.

So the immediate reaction that you had Joel and indeed I also had, at thinking someone was calling the team disgraceful in the present tense, actually highlighted emotionally the peaks and troughs we all experience throughout the year.

Just a quick opinion.

Cheers.

Walk with me through my valleys and you will sing with me on my mountain.
Special Delivery 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 12:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and Craig (Black White) too...

Walk with me through my valleys and you will sing with me on my mountain.
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 12:53 pm

Special Delivery... both Joel and Black & White are moderators... and they were just trying to be helpful by addressing the situation of old posts....

The idea of having the old post encased in quotes is a good idea... a very good idea... that would stop ppl blood pressure rising when they see something that could otherwise be taken as "muck raking".

CC isnt having any problems with it... neither should you.

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WERE there)
Black_White 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 3:22 pm

Also SD, this topic has been discussed in the mods forum several months ago and the decision was made to make everyone aware that any topic dredged up from a fair while ago is exactly that, a topic past it's use by date.
Myself and Joel only moved to enforce that ruling.
As I've stated earlier, if a topic tickles your fancy, great! But do us all the courtesy of explaining, in bold print or a specific post, that the topic is old and has nothing to do with the current climate. Better still, start it afresh, even if you quote the earlier post.

Regards
-Craig

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 5:52 am

SD - I am a moderator, and like Craig (Black_White) said we are only enforcing what the moderators decided was the right thing to do a few months ago.

You must understand why this decision was made. A couple of old topcs were brought back to the present, unfortunately a number of people didn't read the original date of posting and consequently slammed the original author. This is unfair to the original author because at the time of posting they may have been quite correct in what they were saying. Do you understand what I'm trying to say?

Furthermore, I have no problem with people bringing up old topics as long as they let the rest of the people know when it was originally posted. This will prevent unnecessary arguments.

JDF

"We've never quit, and we won't."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: