Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Re: cricket. Brisbane and Essendon fans

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
I@n S 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 6:22 pm
Post subject: Re: cricket. Brisbane and Essendon fansReply with quote

Firstly I'd like to say that England are not a bad team, its just that Australia are too good. Australia has 2 of the best all time bowlers in the side and the same with batters. England are 2nd or 3rd best in the world and Australia is just so far ahead of everyone else.

My second gripe is Brisbane and Essendon fans that won't shut the hell up. To brisbane fans I just say "You've got a drug cheat in your side and the umpiring could've gone anyway" and to Essenscum fans "We did a better job than you bastards in our grand final and we didn't get trashed uplike you wankers"

!!GO PIES!!

Go Mighty Magpies
Black_White 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 9:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

England not a bad team??? Hahahahahahahahahaaaaa.
Best joke doing the rounds, unfortunatelky at our expense;
"happily Collingwood has joined the English squad. Even though he plays for Richscum and averages 29, it gives all commentators the chance to relish the following;...........
""""Australia beats ENGLAND & COLLINGWOOD""""""""
Now there's a headline!!

-Craig

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:46 am

The main problem with England is their bowling line up is depleted. Its amazing that the attack they had could bowl out Australia....lol Once Harmison gets his run up sorted out he will be a half decent bowler. But to see Craig White take five wickets in the test arena against the best team in the world is quite amusing. Personally i think Lehmann will rue that shot that he played to get out on, as if he was ever going to get a big score in test matches that was it. He will never face a more depleted bowling attack or get great value for shots like you do at the WACA.

Their batting line up misses Graeme Thorpe who is either injured or having a marriage breakdown. Thorpe was a class player and was a left hander and played Shane Warne ok for a pommy.

Trescothick is a much better player than what he has shown so far on this tour so im disappointed the Australian public have not seen the best of him.

The main thing England need to do is look and learn from the Australians and at least they can salvage something from this tour. Lets not forget last year that South Africa were savaged and they didnt have any injuries if i recall.

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
I@n S 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:50 pm

Black_White again i stick by the fact that England are ranked 2nd or 3rd. I know South Afica had a fully fit side. But i beleave England are better than them.
Trescothick's problem is hes not moving his feet. It may be good enough agaist other countrys but against Australia you can't get away with it. Like the look of Silverwood bowling. He pitches the ball up for one.

Go Mighty Magpies
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:55 pm

What about the other five, I@n ? Lol.

England were ranked 4th., behind Oz, RSA, and the Pakis.

Donny.

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!
Broadie 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 3:39 am

I@n, the others above are completely correct:
try taking McGrath, Gillespie, Lee AND Bichel out of our test squad, and then you'd see a more realistic contest, as it's England's top 4 pace bowlers that have all gone down.

Broadie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: