Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:30 pm
Post subject: CHRISTMAS!!!!!Reply with quote

hey everybody!
Well i am one of the lovers of Christmas and I love sending christmas cards!
Anybody want a chrissy card off the one and only jarrod lover (except molloymagic) then send me a PM! okies!

I want jarrod for christmas, new clothes, and a mobile! THATS IT MUMMY AND DADDY!

Im in the chrissy spirit. I made up my own 12 days of christmas by using the players who's numbers are 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2 and 1! I annoyed a lot of my friends!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan~* *~Jarrod 4 Copeland 2003!~*

"I used to love seeing past players. Seeing them now and saying hello gives you a huge buzz. The passion and tradition around the club is fantastic and I love the way Collingwood supporters go about it- it certainly helps the way I play."- Jarrod Molloy

*~SeCrEt SqUiRrEl & gUaCaMoLeS 4EvA!~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 5:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont get me wrong i love the spirit of christmas i especially love the way it brings all people together its a shame that this can happen only once a year.

I have hated for sometime for what christmas has now become, its too commercial and it wreaks of materialism and the retail industry with its scrooge like attitude stinks beyond belief .

With the blessing of my family this year will be my greatest christmas as i will be spending christmas day with the homeless and the needy the very people christmas has sadly forgotten and yet we forget the real meaning of christmas ( like it or not ) it is about the birth of christ.
Dont get me wrong christmas is a great time of the year but as each year passes we are becomming more distant from the true meaning of it all.

Much mythologised,frequently misrepresented,collingwood has become a legendary place,from its slums rose a football club that would give its people hope,love and a sense of belonging,the collingwood football club gave its poor a sense of pride, it would quickly grow into the greatest sporting institution in the world...the collingwood football club to it's people is life.

[This message has been edited by magpie joffa (edited 14 November 2002).]

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 1:31 am

im not in the slightest bit religious(in fact, quite strongly opposed to the whole concept but each to their own in my book) but have to agree that xmas, easter etc have become periods of retail nightmare. utter exploitation and whether you believe it to be about religion or simply a time to spend with family and friends, its been degraded badly in the last decade or so. dont get sucked in and burden yourself for the first six months of '03 with credit card debts etc for the sake of being 'christmasy.'
and why were aussie kids trudging around the streets a couple of weeks ago 'celebrating' that ridiculous American tradition of Halloween? do we have to take everything they do and export it here?

[This message has been edited by ramjet21 (edited 15 November 2002).]
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 2:58 am

I'm comin' home for Christmas, YIPPEE!! It also means I get to see the sun again!

Tend to agree with Joffa regarding the 'spirit' of Christmas. Never really been one to 'celebrate' these events....

[This message has been edited by London Dave (edited 15 November 2002).]
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 11:55 am

Dont get me started ramjet because you are so right.

We are no longer australian, we are like it or not american..false, driven by greed, pretencious and basically we dont really give a shit about anyone eles but ourselves.

We no longer have an identity sad to say it can only be found now in history books.

Dont get me wrong there still is a fantastic lot of good hearted people around and its these people that shine come special occassions such as christmas.

Much mythologised,frequently misrepresented,collingwood has become a legendary place,from its slums rose a football club that would give its people hope,love and a sense of belonging,the collingwood football club gave its poor a sense of pride, it would quickly grow into the greatest sporting institution in the world...the collingwood football club to it's people is life.

Rowdy 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 12:21 pm

I totally concur with Joffa and commend him on doing something of real value at Christmas. I can't believe how early the stores are putting up the x-mas decorations. We own a store and had one of our down and out customers over for x-mas lunch last year - I think it really made his year, to feel like he meant something. I have two small children, one who is just beginning to realise that Christmas is presents and more presents (she's 3), not that I blame her, it's what society dictates and only what we as individuals can instill in our own families will determine what the true Christmas spirit is. Health, happiness and flag in 2003 is all I truly need.

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 12:25 pm

Christmas is a time for giving - religous or not. I won't be "home" for christmas this year but I'll be home soon enough. Making a difference in other peoples lives is very rewarding Joffa....enjoy it mate.

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 2:03 am

You still coming to my place ' london davo' the butler is getting a bit panicky and remember mate dont head to 'cranny' we now reside in the luxurious 'coburg inner heights' area, where strangely enough people dont have 2 heads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: