Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Terry Daniher joins Collingwood - What will he bring to the

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rowdy4ever 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 5:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

As one of the biggest supporters of Rowdy (one of, Rowdy & Rowdy26!) I have to say Daniher did us a huge favour (not what he did but how it affected the team) and Rowdy being as courageous as he is could withstand the beating and come back to help us win one of the greatest games of all (okay maybe just the score). I reckon it's a good thing, and any loss to the Bombers is a huge gain to us and this has big potential.

Rowdy is currently overseas at the moment - do you think he was consulted? That would be interesting wouldn't it. I heard Daniher on 3AW tonight but he didn't imply whether Rowdy knew or not, just that he was still on holidays.

Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 6:21 pm

Id agree with Bucks, Id say that he owes Gavin Brown an apology for that shinnanigan in the 1990 Grand final!

Go The Pies!

Dan

Go The Richo!

UNLEASH THE VL TURBO!

Murray 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 4:03 am

We don't know that he hasn't apologised, 1990 was a long time ago and I am sure TD and Rowdy would have crossed paths many times since then.

It is just me, or has anyone else noticed that when TD is ever interviewd he can't seem to string two words together properly.
Good skills for a coach!!

DARE TO STRUGGLE - DARE TO WIN

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 2:21 pm

I agree! AAAAAAPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOGGGGGGGYYYYYY!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan~* *~Jarrod 4 Copeland 2003!~*

"I used to love seeing past players. Seeing them now and saying hello gives you a huge buzz. The passion and tradition around the club is fantastic and I love the way Collingwood supporters go about it, it certainly helps the way I play." Jarrod Molloy

*~Goooo Secret Squirrel, Guacamole's & Parsnips~*

[This message has been edited by Miss_Lisey_Molloy (edited 08 November 2002).]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 2:58 pm

Seriously, I think GAv and TD would've made up or at least come to an understanding by now. We should focus on what TD can bring to the club as a coach and by all acounts his coaching in the country was superb. I'm sure that Gav and TD have crossed paths as Murray said, so I don't think it'd be an issue.

- Ben

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 7:24 am

I'm sure there's no hard feelings between them now - but it's still fun joking about it!!

GO PIES & GO ROWDY!
Marg

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:39 am

Unlikely partnerships
3:09:01 PM Thu 7 November, 2002
Ashley Browne
afl.com.au
http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=opinion&spg=display&articleid=66500

News that Terry Daniher will be working for Collingwood next year has sent many of the Bomber faithful into a state of apoplexy. Just read a few message boards or listen to talkback radio if you want to get an indication.

This was a man who twice held the premiership cup aloft the MCG and was part of the famous footy family at Essendon. More famous, even, than the Hirds.

And he used to take it to Collingwood, too, such as during the 1990 grand final when he tangled with Gavin Brown, and ended up copping a 12-week suspension as a consequence. The Dons lost the game but Daniher remained adored by the red and black faithful for at least flying the flag.

Yet there he will be in 2003, linking arms with ‘Bucks’, Eddie and Mick, belting out another chorus of Good Old Collingwood Forever, perhaps even on Anzac Day after a win over the Bombers. That’s when it will really start to hit home for the Bombers that one of their favourite sons has ‘defected’.

But it has got the creative juices flowing. What if some of the other central figures in the great clashes of AFL history found themselves on the same side of the fence?

Neil Balme joins Carlton
More than once, John Elliott has been moved to say to Balme that he would never be welcomed through the doors at Carlton. To which Balme, in his usual laconic way, would reply: “That’s supposing I would want to be there in the first place.”

Of course, Big Jack is referring to the 1973 grand final, when Neil Balme tangled with a few Carlton players, most notably Geoff Southby, and paved the way for a comfortable premiership win for the Tigers. Balme has been the no.1 villain for Carlton fans ever since, but given that Daniher is now a Magpie, `Balmey’ could easily become a Blue.

And he could bring Carlton’s villain no.2, Mal Brown with him.

Colin Robertson becomes a Bomber
Want to elicit a nasty response from an Essendon supporter? It only takes two words: ‘Colin’ and ‘Robertson’.

He’s the Hawthorn flanker who knocked out Tim Watson in the first term of the 1983 grand final and ended the day with a premiership medallion and the Norm Smith Medal. Never mind that since that day, the Bombers have beaten the Hawks just about every time it really mattered, Robertson is still despised by Essendon fans, but given the dash with which the pacy half-back once played for the Hawks, and Essendon’s lack of the same in 2002, he could do worse than join the Bombers as a running coach.

Welcome to Hawthorn, ‘Cowboy’ Neale
The Hawks emerged with the spoils on grand final day in 1971, but not before 150-goal full-forward Peter Hudson had the side of his head rearranged by St.Kilda full-back Kevin `Cowboy’ Neale.

Hawk fans have never had much time for the ‘Cowboy’ ever since, although they quite happily coped with his coach of the day, Allan Jeans, crossing to Glenferrie and landing three flags in 10 years with the brown and gold.

And obviously Hudson was never one to hold a grudge against that particular club because he spent four years with the Saints from 1990 as director of football and match committee chairman.

Port Adelaide’s Graham Cornes
Cornes never liked Port Adelaide when he was a star full-forward for Glenelg and the feeling was decidedly mutual.

The enmity continued post-retirement when Port’s plans to join the AFL in 1990 were snuffed out by the creation of the SANFL-backed Adelaide Crows. And guess who the foundation coach of that club became?

But Port had the last laugh, drafting both Chad and Kane Cornes to play for the club in the AFL and both look set for long careers in the teal, black and white. Victorians not quite sure of the irony of two boys named Cornes playing for Port may want to imagine the uproar if, say, one of the young Silvagni boys played for Essendon.

Perhaps Cornes could join Port as a kicking coach. Warren Tredrea could do with some help in that department.

Leigh Matthews joins Melbourne, Geelong, Essendon, Western Australia…
An official Legend of the game he might be, but ‘Lethal’ Leigh is not exactly a beloved figure at a few clubs in the AFL.

Let’s recap: At Melbourne, they haven’t forgiven him for clashing with Peter Giles and Stephen Smith. At Geelong, it is because of the Neville Bruns episode. The Bombers? Well, it’s a coaching thing because he has led both Collingwood and Brisbane to premiership wins over Essendon. And Western Australia? They still have ‘Wanted’ posters throughout the state after he ran through Barry Cable in a state game at Subiaco in 1971.

But it is not too hard to imagine Lethal in the red and blue or even the red and black, because in 2003, Terry Daniher will be wearing black and white.

It will be a strange sight indeed.

JDF

"We've never quit, and we won't."

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 11 November 2002).]
SPARKIN TARKYN 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:14 pm

i dont like him at all
but i guess i have to now

[sparkin tarkyn 4 brownlow 2003!!!!!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: