Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The walk for Epilepsy Awareness i need your help!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:49 pm
Post subject: The walk for Epilepsy Awareness i need your help!!Reply with quote

G'day Nicksters

In October or November no dates have been set as yet im preparing a walk from melbourne to Adelaide in aid of Epilepsy awareness depending how quick we can get it organised it will most probably be October.
Im also in liason with Epilepsy Victoria.
We need sponsors a support vehicle and funds to print Tee Shirts i will be putting in my own money to fund food and drinks for the walk.
Along the way donations will be glady accepted by passing motorist and town folk..we will prior to the walk alert all media organisations in Melbourne via country towns and Adelaide where the walk will finish.

I need people and or companies to sponsor the trip to make it possible and im calling on anyone with any connections to any company and or organisation who would like to make it possible...any participation by any comapny will be exposed on support vehicle, flyers and Tee Shirts so it will be high exposure stuff.
If anyone can help please email me at joffacorfe@hotmail.com and i will gladly pass on my mobile number.

The stigma in society towards people with epilepsy needs to be improved the walk will highlite that epilepsy can effect anyone in our society absolutely anyone can and do suffer from epilepsy the whole illness just needs to be understood a little better.
People with epilepsy should not be ashamed or go into hiding and above all should not be victimised in any way.
Thanks everyone Wink

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have a chat with work mate and see what I can do in regards to some support. LG are pretty big on this kind of stuff.
Sam 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:44 pm

Good luck Joffa...I fully support what you're doing and the reason why. Epilepsy is misunderstood, and people seem to be scared of epiletics. A little education will help this. Well done...have a good walk...
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:00 pm

It's a good cause Joffa, one of my sisters has epilepsy and as you say, she is no different from anyone else. Good work Joffa and good luck getting as many donations as you can.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:35 pm

Well so far the response has been very encouraging without any form of sponsorship we cant afford to do it.
The support car and funds for Tee Shirts and printing of flyers and other associated materials advertising the walk is very crucial.

Donations and the awareness of epilepsy are both of equal importance a lot of people suffer epilepsy or know others who do but know one talks about it.

Anyone is very welcome to join me in the walk...one hour a couple of hours a day even it doesnt matter if you want to participate in any way please feel free to do so, i will be doing the walk during my annual leave from work it promises to be heaps of fun.

The Tee shirts we get printed will be sold along the way, keep the support comming its been great!!

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:56 pm

Another good thing will be is to get the walk whilst in process up on nicks board to let others know on a daily basis whats going on and the reaction it recieves..how the day went what we did so on and so on.
Should be a lot of fun Smile

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:34 pm

I very much appreciate that this topic has been returned to general discussion..i know it's not football related i am in debt to those who have bought it back to the main stage so to speak.

This is a great statement from a footballing community to give our time and thoughts and help to those who often feel shunned from society..im going to give everyone the shits but im raring to go on this one im allready excited by some phone calls.

My daughter Emma will be joining me in this walk although im not sure how long she will last as she resents walking 100 metere to the local 7/11 store so it should be interesting Wink

Emma also suffers from epilepsy and has had some pretty big seizures in the past, at present she suffers at least one seizure a month.
When emma was 15 she landed her first job and was typically excited to be earning some good pocket money
She didn't declare in her resume she suffered from epilepsy she was a good employee working overtime when required and many weekends, her boss found out through another employee she suffers from epilepsy and was sacked!!

Too embarassed to do anything about it emma was extremely upset and shocked her illness was treated with such ignorance...when properly medicated epilepsy is very much treatable.
The walk will be all about ' hey its ok to have epilepsy ' your no different to anyone else.

The more we talk about it the more acceptable it becomes lets remove the stigma asscociated with this illness.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:08 pm

Nothing wrong with resenting the 100m walk to the local shops, I hate it as well, although ours is more 400m and up and down hills Razz

Great to see you doing this Joff, I think my dad has Epilepsy and my brother may have had it, not 100% sure, it may have been something different but similar

Would love to help out, have to talk to some people and get back to ya
leelee Scorpio

Live. Love. Race.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:15 pm

Joff, I'll try talking to some contacts at HOLDEN/HSV, can't guarantee anything, but they're usually good with this type of thing.
A few of my cousins have epilepsy, and if i could get the time off school, i'd walk the whole bloody way with you! But my last exam isn't til the 13th of november. Good luck, and i'll get back to you asap about sponsorship.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:40 pm

leelee wrote:
Joff, I'll try talking to some contacts at HOLDEN/HSV, can't guarantee anything, but they're usually good with this type of thing.
A few of my cousins have epilepsy, and if i could get the time off school, i'd walk the whole bloody way with you! But my last exam isn't til the 13th of november. Good luck, and i'll get back to you asap about sponsorship.

Thanks leelee

And a big thanks to everyone else
Its obvious by the phone calls and emails a lot of people in some way have been effected and still are in some way effected by epilepsy either themselves of friends and or family members.
Epilepsy is widespread and has no social boundaries, the walk is something that needs to happen we're not going to rake in millions of dollars in donations that was never going to be the plan. The plan is in someway no matter how small or large is make people aware and understand that people with epilepsy live in silence in fear of redicule that alone is the heartbreaker.
But at the end of the day we need sponsorship Smile

PS when we get sponsorship and i believe we will, times and dates will be set and absolutely everyone is welcome to join in the walk the more the merrier.

Syd_Magpies_Girl 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:42 pm

Joff, can you please put me on the participation list. Depending on dates etc, I should be able to come along. I did a walk from Newcastle to Coffs Harbour last year for Breast Cancer Foundation (5 hour drive so go figure), we did it over a weekend. Raised a lot of money and got our faces all over the newspapers and news.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:10 pm

Syd_Magpies_Girl wrote:
Joff, can you please put me on the participation list. Depending on dates etc, I should be able to come along. I did a walk from Newcastle to Coffs Harbour last year for Breast Cancer Foundation (5 hour drive so go figure), we did it over a weekend. Raised a lot of money and got our faces all over the newspapers and news.

Your now on the list Simone and thanks Smile

Syd_Magpies_Girl 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:53 am

Thanks Sugar Daddy! Very Happy

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:34 am

Syd_Magpies_Girl wrote:
Thanks Sugar Daddy! Very Happy

Sugar Daddy ' Oh Please...dont go starting any unfounded rumours Smile

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:57 am

Joffa, I have spoken with a few people about some assistance or sponsorship and they would like to see some more info before committing. Can you give us some more concrette plans ie: dates, what sort of assistance is needed and that sort of thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7   

Jump to: