Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Kane Johnson.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brown26 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 6:18 pm
Post subject: Kane Johnson.Reply with quote

I reckon it'd be nice to grab this guy, he'd be a good edition to our midfield to really make it a superpower, even more than it is now!

I know we don't really need another midfielder, but speed of johnson is something we've been lacking, except the other johnson of course! - and with shaw not looking the goods JUST YET I rekckon he'd be a nice pick up.

Also, we ould get him cheap - carey to crows, johnson to us, scots and money to north, they'd love that, we could give them their 7.5% salary cap they aren't using! (well, not quite, but it'd be a nice coup for us, and satisfactory for them).

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 6:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems he's almost certain to go richmond but possibly as part of the carey deal.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 7:40 pm

posted twice.. dman not having moderator rights this week

[This message has been edited by Brown26 (edited 10 October 2002).]
Brown26 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 7:41 pm

who will richmond send to north? torney and draft picks maybe? could work, I'm sure torney and one other player, king or someone, would fit in well at north, so long as they don' t ahve to pay them too much!

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 4:51 am

north want a top 6 draft pick, richmond have pick no. 4. however, johnson will cost about $250k a year and it's doubtful that the tigers can fit him into the salary cap, given that they've already offloaded torney to ease salary cap pressures.

carlton's out of the running. st kilda have pick 3 but have indicated that they will keep this. freo have pick 5 but johnson wants to come back to melb. bulldogs have pick 6 but again, they face salary cap pressure because of their 92.5% cut off. sydney have pick 7 but ditto the reasons with freo. hawks have pick 8 but this is only 3 spots ahead of the roos in the draft - might not be attractive enough.

seems for a straight swap of draft pick for johnson, it appears that richmond and the bulldogs are the front runners, if they can ease their salary cap pressure.

c'wood can enter the race if they try to obtain pick 5 from freo with a trade. they can also deal with richmond, who need quality midfielders but maybe at a lesser expense than what johnson will cost.

thoughts?

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:14 am

but how would we go about getting pick 5?

davis to sydney,
sydney give freo someone (i dont know or care who)
freo give us pick 5
and we give adelaide pick 5 for johnson

though is he worth pick 5? i havent seen that much of him so i wouldnt really know.

TARKO TARKO MAN!
I WANT TO BE A TARKO MAN!
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:21 am

I reckon he is. johnson's only 24, a dual-premiership player, and could slot very nicely into the midfield. the tigers actually rate him highly enough to give up pick 4. not sure about $250k though.

I'd prefer to deal directly with freo, where we've had better success (clement, holland). stuff sydney, and colless.

if a deal can't be done, we can always use pick 5 to pick up a young player

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
Brown26 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:17 am

yeah he's worth it. he'd fit in nicely to our side

he's worth 250k for us atm, we have space and cash and he'd be VERY good in our team.

we'd be forced to offload some midfielders though, it's not fair to the players. maybe we could do that in the trade to freo.

scud 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 5:14 pm

Nick Davis to sydney
pick 7 to north
Carey to adelaide
Johnson to pies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: