Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Next Seasons Draw

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROSSGOD 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magfan 8 I am a brisbane based fan and can tell you where there's good seats at the gabba. Where do you like to sit close to the action or higher up, and behind the goals or on the flanks, licensed or unlicensed, tell us your preferences and i will tell you of a good seat. I go all the time to see the Lions play (its the only to way to watch any AFL) as well as going during the cricket season.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:58 am

yeah i might go to sydney next year.
i cant be bothered going to adelaide to get annoyed at what a boring shithole it is.
the only exciting bit is the game, and thats it!

TARKO TARKO MAN!
I WANT TO BE A TARKO MAN!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:13 am

Fourteen night games?? Some people won't be happy with that. The AFL are doing the same thing to us, that they did to Essendon this year.

However, I'm sure we aren't the bandwagon types and we will still trun up in droves.

JDF

"We've never quit, and we won't."
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:37 am

carlabuckley05, I had a look at flights from Melbourne to Brisbane today and they still seemed to be available, depending on what times you want to fly and how much you want to spend.

GO PIES!
Marg

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 5:50 am

Night games suck!

How come we have to play so many of them? Again it is Collingwood paying the price, for the AFL!

9 of them on Saturday night! That's ridiculous! 16 teams, to provide one game on 22 Saturday nights, should mean we got scheduled for no more than three. Same thing for Friday night too. We should have at most, three of them, yet we get five. It is only a matter of time before our traditional day ANZAC game against Essendon, becomes our traditional night ANZAC game against Essendon.

With 14 night games some people will wonder if it is worth getting a membership at all. It's not as if the membership will help you get a grand final ticket. I know there are premium memberships available, but everyone buys them, they will be no good either.

It would be a different matter if Collingwood benefited from the ratings these games provide. But no, that goes to the AFL to blow on whomever of their mates needs some financial security established with a long exclusive contract with the AFL, with the balance being distributed to a bunch of clubs, noone wants to see live or on telly.

Thuck the AFL. We should go off and start our own league.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 6:06 am

Thanks, ROSSGOD, but now looks like I'll be going with Nth Pie's group.

The last time I went to the Gabba was about '68/'69 to watch Oz v. Windies. Slow, grinding, boring cricket for two sessions as Laurence Rowe and Alvin batted the crowd to sleep.

We went home, headed off for a swim, got home only to find out the Aussies had taken 6 wickets in the final session !! DAMN !!

Donny

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: