Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

C'mon guyz give us a chance

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carlabuckley_05 Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

i didn't want to get involved in this topic however i just wanted to say that i can kick a footy 'properly' and i put up a good challenge with the boys in my street...michael and daniel that's you! (u know i kick ur butts!)

there are two types of people ... those that barrack for collingwood ... and those that wish they did ... to be continued

NATHAN BUCKLEY FOR PRESIDENT
RHYSTHEKING 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:32 pm

Everyone has to live with some type of sterotype around them, you can kick up a fuss every time you fall into a different sterotype. Unless you are prepared to have a sex change you can't realy do much about this particular sterotype.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:39 am

Incorrect Rhys, you can back up you opinions with more than just passionate statements.

For example, if at a press ocnference, MM was asked "Why did you move Chris Tarrant to the wing?" And his response was

"Well I just love him and I love Collingwood and I love all the players so much" I know I'd be questioning why he was head coach!

But if he said "Well Chris wasn't getting much of the ball at FF so we decided to give him a bit of a run on the wing, maybe throw the opposition out a bit, then when he had osme touched put him back closer to goal.." You'd be thinking what a genius!

Equally, in response to comments by DaicosMagic, if the response was "Well Nick Davis has a lot of potential, demonstrated by the way he can handle the ball, it's just fantastic, he seems to have a gret head on his shoulders, great vision and always seems to have a bit more time that other players, ie. Buckley, burnsey etc. At times he lacks a bit of confidence and that injury preseason really knocked him, but I thought he bounced back well for the second part of the year and next year he'll be able to fulfill some of his potential..."

You'd give that comment a lot more respect than something along the lines of

"I luv the pies and i luv the players i go for them yr in yr out whether we r on top or bottom." Which is great, but not a fantastic statement to back up a point!

So in analysing "i_luv_nick_davis!'s" response to DaicosMagic's comments, the first part of the post was spot on, demonstrated an ability, although limited, to back up her opinions with facts and statements about how Nick D plays.

The second part didn't add anything to her argument in my opinion.

Having said that, I dont think how you can say all guys think girls don't know anything about footy, cause it's not true, it's just your immature friends trying to make themselves look big, as mentioned by Rowdy for ever.

Also, who said if girls can't kick properly they don't know anything about the game? Does that mean someone who's good at football knows more than someone who isn't? I know where you'r coming from, that if they never learned the game they an't appreciate it as much, I just don't agree with it!!

This whole topic is going around in circles:

Girls no one thinks you don't know anything about football; people may think they know more than you, but it's not because of your gender, it may be becuase of your age, more likely because they don't agree with some of your opinions.

Guys just cause they're girls doesn't mean they odn't know how to kick, it doesn't mean they know loess about anything that us, being 15 yo girls some of them just express themselves differently to other humans (KIDDING!! DON'T RESPOND TO THAT).

To the girls who are really worried about it, back up what you really believe with facts and who cares what anyone else thinks! But you can't go around saying random things and back it up with "ause I love him." Again this is not an accusation, merely an observation.

Having said all that, I'm following Alyssa, that's my two (fifty!) cents and I'm out.

- Ben

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 3:05 am

I wasn't going to get involved in this but I'll give my two cents worth. I think its great the posts that involve females. I enjoy your input. I would like to get away from the boys V girls thing though. I know plenty of women who know more about footy than other blokes i know.

I believe whoever posts, whether it be male or female, should be willing to accept that others may not agree with you and if you wish to debate it then put forward a valid argument.

Ladies (and gents for that matter), you have nothing to worry about if you demonstrate some substance to your viewpoint.

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
blackmissionary Cancer

Lurker King

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 3:49 am

Everyone should be allowed to express their opinion in this forum regardless of what sex they are or whether they can actually kick a footy or not. However this right surely comes with some responsibilties which must be adhered to. A bit of logic wouldn't hurt sometimes. The "i luvs" on this forum are as welcome on this as anyone else, but I personally expect an opinion to backed up by something solid, and not a vacuous opinion, and this goes for more than this topic and the above mentioned.

Having been a forumite at another soccer site where at some stages it just degenerated into nationalistic rantings, and "my dad is bigger than your dad" statements, it disappoints me when it pops up here. The flip side of that is they actually organised the Sydney members to play a freindly game of soccer, just like the call here to go to the Cricketers etc.

Take every comment made here on it's merits, not necessarily on who says it. Even those people who like Bon Jovi.

“When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.” Sherlock Holmes
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 3:53 am

If I remember correctly, this sort of thing has happened before and will happen again.

This sort of thing happened about 2 years ago when all the teenagers (me included) thought the oldies didn't really give a rats about your opinion. The truth is, I don't blame them, I'm sure they got sick of our blind sighted attitide about Collingwood, and only now that I'm a little older do I realise that.

Girls, the chicks channel was put in place for you girls to talk about what you talk about, that is what it is there. So, talk about guys in there if you feel you have to.

Another thing, there are to PRIVATE forums already in existance than no one ever uses anymore...maybe you should ask Mike about using them. The forums are (and they can be renamed), the Footy Sluts Forum and the Teen Forum. I must stress that nothing is meant by the names but thats what some of the users decided to call them a while ago. Anyway, you will need password access to those forums, perhaps that is another alternative.

However, having said that, you are more than welcome everywhere else on the BB. All you have to do is keep yourself in line.

JDF

"We've never quit, and we won't."

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 08 October 2002).]
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 4:32 am

This is so pointless. No-one will ever agree and everyone thinks they're right. Lets close the thread i say. Some girls know nothing about footy and only like the guys. Some like the guys and know stuff too. Some know as much as Micky Malthouse. Who cares what category we fit into if we all love Collingwood.

NO-ONE CAN PREDICT TO WHAT HEIGHTS YOU CAN SOAR PIEBOYS... NOT EVEN YOU WILL KNOW UNLESS YOU SPREAD YOUR WINGS(AND WE DID).

FLOREAT PICA - MAY THE MAGPIES PROSPER
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:06 pm

Blah!!!

I am so great, I am so great, everybody loves me cause I am so great

*bangs his saucepans together*

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:16 pm

Ok! I was going to leave but i have to put my 2 cents back in! hahahah!
What's this with I cant kick a footy!!! lolz! Omg when Anthony (courageous clokey) comes on you ask him!!!! He didn't believe I play footy at school and that I can kick so at family day he told me to and i booted it pretty far and his expression was so funny! So I can kick thankyou very much!
(And thankyou to Brendan my bro who I played footy with for soo long! It's better then being the stumps when you & your friends play cricket! hahaha)
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Official Leader of the Jarrod Molloy cheersquad~*

*~Alyssa's song of the week~*

"Thats me in da corner, Thats me in da spotlight, Losing my religion, Trying 2 keep up with u, & I dont know if I can do it, Oh no i've said 2 much, I havent said enough, I thought that I heard u laughing, I thought that I heard u sing, I think I thought I saw u try"
*Losing My Religion- R.E.M*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:26 pm

this is just petty and like someone said, its going around in circles.
i think i might just take your suggestions and close it.

TARKO TARKO MAN!
I WANT TO BE A TARKO MAN!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: