Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Swans players that would get a game for the Pies (Analysis o

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:28 am
Post subject: Swans players that would get a game for the Pies (Analysis oReply with quote

In discussing davis trades i've come up with a list of people who i think would get a game for us (even if it was only now and again) if they were added or already on our list.

Untouchables
Would walk into our side
Barry Hall
Daryn Cresswell
Adam Goodes
Paul Williams *
Michael O'Laughlin

Solid Performers
Would battle with current players for a position
Leo Barry
Jason Saddington
Ben Mathews
Matthew Nicks
Nic Fosdike
Jared Crouch
Stuart Maxfield
Andrew Schauble *

Developing
Would be considered good enough to continue to be developed in 1sts
Ricky Mott
Tadhg Kennelly
Ben Fixter
Stephen Doyle
Scott Stevens

Average, injured or underperformed
Risky or Williamstown bound if they came across
Brad Seymour (average)
Jason Ball (injured)
Rowan Warfe (average)
Jude Bolton (underperformed)
Ryan O'Keefe (inexperienced average)
Gerrard Bennett (average)
Brett Kirk (average)
Daniel McPherson (average)

* damaged goods

Let's face it Sydney won't give up a pick for Nick. If we can get one of their solid performers for him we would be doing well i'd suggest. Maybe a swap for Ball & Bolton would be ok. Except that Ball is injury prone, and not a tap ruckman either, he's more around the ground, and we already got a stunner who does that. Worst case scenario i see is Brad Seymour + Rowan Warfe. Or even just one of them. There is no way we will go for Kirk, McPherson or Bennett.

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:03 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I agree with most of youor analysis, however you have to remember that what we get we have to be able to used, ie. We don't want cresswell, he just takes a good young guys spot.

Given that we won't get, and rightly so, any of the untouchables, looking at the next group:

we don't need a midfielder.

barry is useless, maxfield and nicks are good performers, but not any better than scotland, clement or betheras, who's positions they'll be taking.

the only players I'd be looking at from this group are saddington or schauble, but I think schaubs is in the untouchables group, I'd be happy to have him back at the pies but I don't think they'll let him go, especially with dunkley the eyegouger retiring.

so we're already into the developing group, which is not bad, mott, doyle and kennelly I'd look at seriously, but id guy richards is looking teh goods (has to be a judgment call by MM and co) then we don't need or want mott or doyle.

so I'd take kennelly and a draft pick, looking to the future, look at getting a ruckman / defender from somewhere else.

don't take anyone from the last group, ball = injury prone and no different to fraser, would be better at CHF but we don't need him there with rocca. kirk/seymour/warfe/mcPherson aren't any better than the players we already have and aren't likely to get any better, perhaps one of them and a low draft pick if MM thinks he can work a miracle ala Clement?

other than that, a three way swap or a high draft pick would be nice!

I reckon Davis to Swans, one of our excess midfielders to saints/money to saints/draftpicks to saints / a couple of sydeny players to saints everitt to pies.

if we can't do something like that, get french form port, and trade for draft picks if we want any more trades. everit or french should be our main options, and I think everit may be hawk bound.

- Ben

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Murray 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 8:39 am

Good work Cam, and I agree.

Perhaps their second round pick (number 21 I think) and one of the improvers may be an achievable deal. The top 20 to 25 draft picks seem to be good quality, if you can believe what the papers are saying.
The thing is both sides have to come out of the deal thinking they have done OK.
We may even need to do a three way deal or trade Nick to some where else other than Sydney.

DARE TO STRUGGLE - DARE TO WIN

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:40 am

Nicky would walk into the Swans team (going by that list). And probably give Willo a run for their best and fairest if he plays the whole season.

The Sydney fans do not rate Nicky, and seeing as they have such a say in who coaches, presumably they will not be in favour of any trade that actually gives us something for him. Leaving us to accept what ever is offered, alternatively Nick takes his luck in the draft or comes to terms with the club. But is the third option possible now.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
blackmissionary Cancer

Lurker King

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:15 pm

Are there any Sydney players who want to go back home to either Melbourne or somewhere else? Because that's the only way I can see this thing working with everyone getting something they want, though we still might end up keeping Nick Davis, even though that's a long shot now.

“When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.” Sherlock Holmes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: