Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cricket season (anyone need a player?)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
I@n S 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 2:45 pm
Post subject: Cricket season (anyone need a player?)Reply with quote

1st game of the season starts tomorrow (5th of October)
Basically I'm sick to death of making up the numbers.
Last season I played in the 3rds and 4ths for most of the time but then played in the 2nds. It was a promotion I deserved even though by that stage the 2nds knew they needed a miracle to make the finals. I bowled 1st change for the 2nds
I believe I知 a much better player than the 4ths level but the 3rds captain hardly ever gives me a chance. I知 a bowler BTW. Tomorrow I play in the 3rds. No more excuses for not bowling me this time. I値l quit the 3rds, ask about the 2nds but never play for the 4ths again and if that doesn稚 work out I値l quit the club.
One again I知 sick of feeling like I知 making up the numbers.
Does anyone need players?

Go Mighty Magpies
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 3:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

how old are u?

footy ROX!
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 3:40 pm

Hey Clokey. I just sent you a message. About our GF last Sunday. Runners up twice in one weekend !!! We had a gutsy effort too, like the Mighty Woodsmen on Saturday. I was very proud of my boys. We also played the hot favourites and went down fighting - in the last over. Gave them a real fright. That makes it 5 times runners up for Toonumbar in my 20 years as captain but we HAVE won 8 times so I really can't complain !!
Hey I@n S, I reckon you'll get stacks of wickets this season. Sounds like all you need is a team that appreciates your talents. Maybe you could get a game with Clokey's mob.

Donny

GO THE MIGHTY MAGPIES !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!

couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 3:46 pm

go to chat bud so ya can tell me about it and ill tell ya about what happened at training on wednesday!

footy ROX!
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 4:51 am

Hey I@n S, Where did you get your Magpie ? I want one to put on our team's shirts for next season. Good luck today.

Donny

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:16 am

Ian you are more than welcome to come and play for the Spring Gully Cricket Club. We're in Bendigo and looking forward to a very sucessful season.

Fradam Wrote This
I@n S 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 5:14 pm

Thanks guys. I turned up to the game and found out we have a new captain. The old one moved to captain the 2nds. Promotion is now out of the question but I知 happy with the new captain. I'll see how the next few games go. I'm 23 Courageous cloke. Bung shoulder that I値l get fixed soon or at the end of the season. I batt last and only play straight to save me from dislocating it again.
Today the new captain gave me a go and I took 3 for 23 of 4 overs. Was on a hat trick in the first over.

My problem is that at training I can get everyone in my club out including all the 1st players but when it comes to a game I struggle to bowl as fast and as accurate. Something that needs working on.
Any ideas why? Is it because there is an umpire during a game and during training I知 not used to the Fat lug standing there? LOL

Where did I get the Magpie picture from?
Well do you remember the old Collingwood training jumper? Well I scaned it and used photoshop to fix it up and there is the result

[This message has been edited by I@n S (edited 05 October 2002).]
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:03 am

Some people train well, others look horrible. Maybe you are more relaxed when you train.....that or you know how to get the batsman out.

I myself am horrible at training. I play the odd loose shot, bowl some shockers and drop a few catches but in the game I don't do any of those things. It's a mental focus thing.

Fradam Wrote This
I@n S 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:52 pm

I'm still happy with my performace because it could have been 4 wickets if the captain wasn't a migit
But I know I can bowl better.

yeah I think it's that i'm more relaxed when I train although I felt fine after my first over but got all the wickets in the 1st over Also think its because I have a lot of 1st players supporting me during training and they seem to know how to get the best out of my game during training.
Who knows

Go Mighty Magpies
RHYSTHEKING 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:24 pm

who do u play for now? just curious

I@n S 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:46 pm

I'd rather not say just incase someone from the club reads this stuff. But there are not many Collingwood fans at the club.
I don't want to get them upset seeing things after the 1st game are going well. Maybe i'll tell you via private message!

Go Mighty Magpies
I@n S 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:46 pm

I'd rather not say just incase someone from the club reads this stuff. But there are not many Collingwood fans at the club.
I don't want to get them upset seeing things after the 1st game are going well. Maybe i'll tell you via private message!

Go Mighty Magpies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: