Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bloody Hell, welcome to "Days Of Our Lives"

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 1:45 am
Post subject: Bloody Hell, welcome to "Days Of Our Lives"Reply with quote

Davis still uncertain about future
05 October 2002 Herald Sun
By MICHAEL GLEESON

INDECISIVE Magpie Nick Davis was at Moonee Valley last night while his teammates were at Crown for the Copeland Trophy dinner.

Davis said he was still undecided where he would play next year.

"I have changed my mind 100 times today," he said. "I just don't know what I want to do. It's not a footy thing. It's not about Collingwood."

Davis said it was now or never to decide if he wanted to return home to Sydney.

If he doesn't go, he is more than happy at Collingwood, particularly after the Grand Final.

"It's just something I have always had in the back of my mind and there's the chance to do it now and if (I don't go), I will probably have to wait another three years if I want to go back, so it's sort of now or never," Davis said.

"I have to work out whether I am going back ever or staying here for good. I have not said I want to go back. I have said if a trade can be done I would look at going back. I haven't told them I am definitely leaving if I don't get traded."

Davis said his manager Garry Woodhams had spoken to the club but he would make contact in the next day or so.

He said club chief executive Greg Swann and coach Mick Malthouse were set to go overseas within the week.

"I will speak to them before they take off and see them as soon as they come back," Davis said.

"I don't know which way to go yet. If I knew what I was going to do I would have already done it.

"I haven't spoken to any of them (the players) yet. I don't know what I will do with them. I will ring a couple of the guys I am close to.

"I'll ring Tyson, I have been speaking to Tyson Lane a fair bit this week. He has been helping me out."

Most of the players leave on the end-of-season trip to Mexico on Monday. Davis is not going with them.

He has not been on a footy trip since joining the club, preferring to return to Sydney.

Rowdy 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 3:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish he'd just spot being so spineless and make the break.

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 4:02 am

Hmmm,
even if he did decide to stay, I would question if his heart was really in it. It affected the way he played this year.

You can't keep a player that is not 100% wanting to play for you becuase their lesser heart and passion for the club will let you down when it comes to the crunch.

KILL FOR COLLINGWOOD
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 5:11 am

Every big boy needs to leave home sooner or later. Surely he can afford to get him and his parents video-conferencing computers. Surely he can spend most of his offseason up there from October to January, flying back for key training stuff. Remember nick, those things called aeroplanes. i tell you, if i moved back in with my parents i would go nuts within a week. distance is healthy, it allows you to grow. GET a new woman if you have to. i hear MELBOURNE CHICKS are the best chicks in Australia anyway. Except my missus of course (just in case she reads this ...)

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 2:55 pm

Myself personally would relish the chance to move interstate get out of the comfort zone make some new friends and yes get away from the old's. The wage Davis is on of course can't compensate for loneliness as no amount of money can but it can afford him a laid back relatively carefree lifestyle. He shoots himself in the foot by not going on end of season trips hence not allowing himself to become better friends with his team mates. He wouldn't feel so lonely and homesick if he had some close friends at the club (not saying he doesn't but one seriously wonders if he's really close to anyway around the club - maybe the bootstudder?). Look at Pavlich over here in Perth, in the most isolated City on earth. He had the opportunity to go back to SA to play for a top team in the Power but yet he chose to stay at the Barry Crockers as he had made some good friends at the club. Davis is changing his mind about changing his mind with regards to leaving Collnigwood for a team that finished outside the 8 last year. One wonders if he would even feel at home at the Swans?

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 4:50 pm

I for one feel sorry for the boy, he's only young, and he's had a heap done in his life already. I think he really wants to stay at Collingwood, but he thinks that if he doesn't leave now he'll never get a chance to go home ot sydney, as he said. I reckon he's built it up a whole lot in his mind, and it almost takes on extra pressure if e thinks that he can't possibly change clubs if he doesn't do it now.

I think once he finally makes a decision, whateve way, he'll fell a lot better! And get stuck right back into it, even if he stays at the pies.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:41 am

Nick Davis had a poor year because of OP. He kicked 2 good goals
against Port and his goal from the boundary line in the Prelim when we really needed it, was brilliant.
It was a mistake to discourage him from coming to the Copeland.
CFC should continue trying really hard to keep him.
We shouldn't delude ourselves that we'd get a great trade for him. His stocks have declined since last year because of his OP.
Next year he'll be back to his best. I just hope it's with us!

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:30 am

I read somewhere that even his parents want him to stay at Collingwood.

No bloody wonder.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:45 am

I think just like Marlena in Days of our Lives, Nick Davis has been possessed by the devil

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:54 am

As Cornelia Francis might like to put it, "Nick, this is a team game, there is no 'I' in team. You are the weakest link .... Goodbye!"
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:09 am

AMEN BJ!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: