Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

From the Swan's BBoard.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 4:22 pm
Post subject: From the Swan's BBoard.Reply with quote

Below are statements from a swans bulletin board.

"As soon as I found out that Davis was playing in the finals and that the Wobbles still haven't signed him, I knew there was a BIG chance he'd be on his way.

Congrats to him, he's pulled a big swiftie over the magpies and has made Eddie look foolish with his rant mid season.
Looks like Davis played with Collingwood all season, and in a Grand Final, whilst all the time he was not comitted to the club, lol"

"Offer them Bennett and Brockman at the nost and is they don't want them let them hawk them around for a pick or another player. I would love to see a situation where Collingwood are in a take it or leave it situation. ie take what we offer or risk losing him in the draft. That is a situation we were in with Rocca"

"The simple fact is that we have the upper hand so any deal should be done on OUR terms.First round pick my A***! Who in the f*** do they think they are?
Sorry Eddie, you lose...AGAIN!"

"It's also hard to get excited about a player who averaged less than ten disposals a game. I thought his GF performance was terrible, now I see it was a pretty typical performance from the softy. I can't believe some of you would swap him for J Bolton."

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.

[This message has been edited by Cam (edited 04 October 2002).]
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is only the ravings of a deluded Swans supporter, but it raises an interesting theory ... has Davis been playing "dead" all season to keep his market value down, thereby ensuring an easy trade to Sydney?

If that IS what's been happening, then it's really important to screw him over big time. This strategy MUST be made to backfire. Really HURT this little pr!ck. He has cost us a premiership with his pathetic Grand Final effort. Why not do some sort of really vindictive deal with one of the clubs down the list ... preferably a club based a long, long way from Sydney. I'm sure a club like Freo would be happy to do a deal. They're always so desperate for "talent" they're notorious for getting ripped off in trade deals. One of their ready-made stars or a good draft pick or something. Really stuff him (and Sydney) right up.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
Bones 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:17 pm

Goodes or send the little shit to the scum.

Sly Leo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:23 pm

I'm not sure that Nick Davis exclusively cost us a Premiership. There were a few who had average games.

The Swans weren't in the same position with Anthony Rocca, as Rocca made his intentions clear before he was drafted that he didn't want to go interstate. They had to send Roos and Fatso down to sit on him and convince him to come down, but once he was there it was clear he'd always return to Victoria.

If the Swans refuse to deal with Collingwood, maybe Nick Davis will have to take his chances in the draft. Although he wants to go home, I'm sure Carlton and Saints will throw everything at him in an attempt to sign him.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 7:28 pm

people. Nick Davis is still a Collingwood player, he may still play for the club next season. His family is up there, he is a nice bloke. It must be hard for him. I think we should get behind him, and support him. You never know what is going to happen. Remember the highlights - the stuff he has done for the club.

mike b 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 11:14 pm

The words here are a bit tough on a young bloke who has found it hard to make up his mind between club and home. Plenty of our Victorian boys have the same problem (Rocca is a good example). If anything, reading these sorts of comments would only make him feel he is making the right choice.

Nick D. had a poor grand final (so did some others in the forward line), but I can't believe stuff like lying down during the season. That's nonsense. I think he is obviously struggling with where he wants to be in life and footy.

Like the administration is saying, if he doesn't want to be with the Pies, then go - just get some good trades in return (I agree on Goodes).

I just hope another good player gets the number 19 jumper, so my son's guernsey isn't totally wasted.

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 3:19 am

I don't care what any of you say, the swans have nothing we want. If he gets traded it will need to be a 3 way deal with a 3rd club involved.

That swans supporter has no idea. They do not have the upper hand. We do. He has said he doesn't want to play for anyone else apart from sydney or collingwood so if a trade isn't made he'll stay with us.

I say give him a year in Williamstown, let him earn his trip back to sydney.

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
blackmissionary Cancer

Lurker King

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 3:58 am

I doubt he's been lying down this season, he's still kicked 30 goals. Same or better than Josh, Anthony, and Leon during the H/A games, though he also had some injuries and did look non-comitted a few times. However, since he wants to leave, sadly if Collingwood can't get what they want out of Sydney either directly or through a three or four way deal, then he must be left to fight it out in the draft for himself. He has made his intentions clear and Collingwood should have allegiance to itself first and foremost.

“When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.” Sherlock Holmes
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 4:57 am

you think he's that smart doctor alf!?? i have no doubt that he has been trying his hardest everygame cause if he wasnt MM would have definetly noticed it straight away! i still think he'll stay in the no-coloured jumper but if he doesnt we better get something good for him!! ohhhhhhhh and cam what is the adress for that sydney BB??

footy ROX!
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 5:04 am

http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/default.asp

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:34 am

thanx cam! ill paying that site a nice visit! i dont care if i get kicked outta that site!

footy ROX!
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:52 am

You do that on your own, not as a representative of this board.

I'm not interested in having this board involved in any feuds and will do whatever is necessary to prevent it.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: