Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

my attack on akers continues - day 2

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:30 pm
Post subject: my attack on akers continues - day 2Reply with quote

Acerkmanis says Buckley did not deserve Norm Smith
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fresh from accusing umpires of "crucifying" his team in Saturday's grand final, Brisbane star Jason Akermanis yesterday attacked the decision to award the Norm Smith Medal to Collingwood captain Nathan Buckley, telling thousands of Lions fans that his skipper, Michael Voss, would have made a worthier winner.

Akermanis, who has hogged more than his fair share of headlines this year, told a gathering of more than 4000 Lions supporters at the Gabba that Buckley won the best-on-ground honour because, "that's what happens when you have judges that are biased".

This year's Norm Smith Medal was decided by a panel of five football experts - Robert Walls, Geoff Slattery, Dwayne Russell, Mark Duffield and Patrick Smith.

"Buckley was an undeserving Norm Smith Medallist, Vossy would of been a more worthy winner, but that's what happens when you have judges that are biased"

Asked to respond to Akermanis' claims, Voss pointed to the premiership medal around his neck and said: "I've got one of these and I know which one Nathan would certainly prefer."

"He (Buckley) thoroughly deserves it; he played an exceptional game. I don't have any disputes over who won the Norm Smith Medal," Voss said.

advertisement

advertisement

Akermanis' comments came in the wake of his extraordinary attack on the umpires after Saturday's grand final that is expected to attract a hefty fine from the AFL.

Last year's Brownlow medallist said, after the Lions' thrilling win, his team seemed to suffer from poor umpiring decisions while playing in Melbourne, after umpires Brett Allen, Mathew James and Steve McBurney paid 24 free kicks to Collingwood and 16 to Brisbane during the match.

"If it wasn't for the umpires absolutely, ridiculously crucifying us, it could have gone anywhere," he said.

Akermanis has courted controversy with gusto this year, saying he did not want former Kangaroos skipper Wayne Carey to come to his club, flagging a switch to rugby union and slamming player managers as "parasites".

Brisbane coach Leigh Matthews yesterday said he expected the AFL to slap the flamboyant midfielder with a $5000 fine this week.

"I said this morning, that's five big ones, Aker," Matthews said.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

If the umpired the sma ein our forward ine as they did in theirs, we would've beaten them.

If they knew the difference between a push in the back and a tackle, we would've beaten them.

If the goal umpire knew that i the ball goes between te BIG sticks, Rocca's goal would've been counted a goal, not a behind. (we were right behind it, pardon the pun)

If they didn't take cheap hits after payers had taken marks, the free kick tally wouldn't have been so different.

How many free's did we get in our 50?

How many did they get?

What's the difference between Lynchs 4 goals and Tarrant? Umpires! (ok, not quite, but Lynch didn't deserve either of his frees! Poor Wakes!)

Did Lynch deserve either of his frees? NO! He had Wakelin in a headlock!!

Poor old McKee, let's just give a free agsint the ruckman to break up the game! TWICE AGAINST STEVE!

Did Aker deserve his only goal, after being thourugly beaten for three quarters? NOT A CHANCE, there were 20 free kicks in the passage of play before it, all missed, to both teams!

Sorry Aker, can't make up for a poor performance by blaming the umps this time buddy.

I thought the teams were very even, if anything we were the better side. How terrible to ruin a great perfomance by both sides by being an arrogant cock.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Rowdy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 4:12 am

I can't believe that guy. He reminds me of my three year old daughter when she doesn't get her own way. Someone needs to give him a good lesson in sportsmanship. He's obviously going on the defensive because he knows he played a dog of a game and that Collingwood weren't the push overs the arrogant pr&%cks envisaged them to be. Let him sprout his over-sized mouth off, he's just making himself look like a spoilt d#*ckhead and I doubt anyone respects his opinion south of the QLD border. I'd honestly be ashamed if one of our boys acted so appallingly.

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 4:23 am

What an utter idiot. It is one thing to bag the umpires calling them biased, but to bag our Captain is unforgivable. This guy will need eyes in the back of his head the next time brissie plays us.

Go Pies!
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 4:26 am

Rocca stated how he felt about his "missed" goal but do we see him ranting and raving to every media outlet he can find like this idiot Akermanis? Obviously he has never heard the saying gracious in defeat - if I was Matthews I'd be shutting the *#&*head up as he is only going to do them more harm than good!

Actually, the more I think about it, let him keep blabbering like a spoilt child - just keeps giving us more ammunition for next time!

GO PIES!
Marg

[This message has been edited by MargOZ (edited 30 September 2002).]
carlabuckley_05 Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 4:47 am

OMG!!!! what an as*hole!!! can't the guy keep his mouth shut? EVER? buckley deserved the norm smith! brisbane...you can't have everything ... and you don't

there are two types of people ... those that barrack for collingwood ... and those that wish they did ... to be continued

NATHAN BUCKLEY FOR PRESIDENT
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:16 am

Yeah that really is sad shows why Voss is their captain and Akaermanis will never be......
Get a ****ing life Akaermanis and stop whinging like a baby.....

"The two hardest things in life are getting started and not quitting.
We will never quit"
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:47 am

They guy will say anything to draw attention away from the fact that Ben Johnson gave hi a hiding all day.....this is onw queenslander who does not revel in this wankers comments......maybe he should explain to us why he [sorry NP - not here thanks - Mike]....you are a disgrace!!!

"NEVER LEAVE, NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM AND ALWAYS BE THERE AT THE END TO CLAP THEM OFF THE GROUND. WE ARE COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS SON, EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM!"(quote from my mum when I was 8 years old)

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited 30 September 2002).]
Peppermint Pattie Aquarius

Like a bat out of hell...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:54 am

Now I'm not usually a violent person, but I REALLY WANT TO STRANGLE AKERMANIS.
They won the game.
END OF STORY. Aker deserves a "whinger of the year" award.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WE ARE THE MIGHTY MAGPIES!
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:06 am

Even last night on Ch34 Sky news Akermanis was complaining about Bux and the rest of the team and HOW they nearly took the Flag from Brisbane....reminds me of Gordon Tallis....from Brisbane too,complaining that Harrigan gave more penalties agiainst them in the finals.
Christ is must be in the Bris water......whatever it is I dont want any.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002.
We missed 2002 but theres always 2003
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:28 am

what goes around comes around.

at least he'll be $5000 poorer this week

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:30 am

sorry mike and sorry to the rest of the board, I know better than anyone that what I posted is not the right thing to do......truth is truth, but I let my emotions get the better of me.....so I do apologize...can I just say then that from the things I personally know about the guy that he is the last person in the world to be passing moral judgements on anybody!! nuff said.

"NEVER LEAVE, NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM AND ALWAYS BE THERE AT THE END TO CLAP THEM OFF THE GROUND. WE ARE COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS SON, EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM!"(quote from my mum when I was 8 years old)
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:47 am

Now we need a nickname for this tool.

Here's a few for starters:

Acne-manis
Hackermanis ... as in "over-rated hack-ermanis"
Wankermanis.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:18 am

Acker is just that - one giant, pus-filled piece of acne!!! How dare he denigrate our great champion?

Whatever happened to being gracious victors? All I have heard since 5:30pm Saturday is a great amount of whingeing from the Brisbane camp, including Leigh Matthews complaining about the umpiring in his speech at the Brisbane post-match function.

The Collingwood Football Club has certainly been gracious in defeat and should be proud of the way everyone involved has carried themselves.

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:24 am

Akermanis needs to have a look at a few tapes of games played at the Gabba this year where many Brisbane players could have one academy awards for great displays of acting.

The one thing is though he backs up his big mouth by the way he plays his footy. He maybe a total wanker but he can still play football. Hopefully a lot of his comments will fall on deaf ears If you knoowhhhaaaaaiimmeaaaaaaannnnnnnn

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: