Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2005 Draftees. Who do you reckon will a quiet achiever

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
okjoe 

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:37 pm
Post subject: 2005 Draftees. Who do you reckon will a quiet achieverReply with quote

Apart from Daisy, who's a gun. Pendles is showing some really good qualitlies. In time what about the rest of the draftee boys? Whats your opinion? I think the smokey is Ryan Cook. He is very young but shows some promise.
twaters 

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping to get down to Casey on the weekend to confirm more upfront again.

But for me so far Cook ain't a smokey. Real deal. No doubt he needs some of that Malthouse accountability marine training to keep the ball in our forward line, but he has all the other tools (how come no one else saw that in the draft?). Perhaps our later young picks weren't meant for maturing this year or even next in Mick's famous clock-orama to use up the next two years premier chances with the best experience plus impact players we can muster ahead of the youngsters?

Little doubt all our 18 year olds will be players (Anthony, Cook, Pendles, Stanley).

Some doubt perhaps with our upcoming 19 year olds eg Iles - a wonderful second half against Werribee, but a missingly walkabout first half, injured lately; with Toovey you see the closing speed but not sure yet about the whole package - a year to go; Nicholls...he may be your quiet achiever you are looking for but also needs the year to round out his game. Other 19 year olds this year = Travis & Thomas = QED.
WKB 

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:23 am

I said a couple of weeks ago that John Anthony could be the darkhorse from last years draft but I think that may not have been giving him the credit he deserved, just I'd not heard a lot about him coming into the start of the season etc.

Right now for me though I can't go past Nicholls, considering the fact he is only on the Rookie list. A no nonsense player who isn't afraid to get the pill, has a pretty good goal sense and reasonable skill (which of course can be worked on).
okjoe 

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:52 pm

Anthony was limping at the Willy V Coburg game. Hopefully it's something not too serious. So you reckon Cook is the real deal. Time will tell. I think he goes alright. The draftee selectors are no fools... They do an awful lot of homework that hopefully will pay off.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: