Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bux mentions Nicks!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 1:25 pm
Post subject: Bux mentions Nicks!Reply with quote

FTO has done an interview with captain courageous.
Here's the link; http://www.fromtheouter.com/exclusive/nathan_buckley.html

Here's the relevant quote in answer to a question about amount of time he spends on-line in Pies sites;

"I probably get on-line to the various sites once or twice a week. I have shortcuts to FTO, Buckley Surfers, TCR and Nick's board. Nick's was the first I saw and I have been a regular visitor since."

Well, now I feel like a right dick with some of the things I've said about Nathan and the boys.
Sorry Bux.

-Craig

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 1:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucks has been a welcome presence on this site for a long time.

Nick and I first met Bucks in 1996 when he, Paul Williams and Graham Wright were over here for a supporters group function in Ulverstone. We introduced ourselves then and told him that Nick had a Collingwood site. He said that he hadn't come to grips with the internet yet, but would look up Nick's site as soon as he did.

Since then Bucks has been as good as his word and visited and posted on this site, written a note to Nick on a guernsey and named Nick's as his favourite web site in his Footy Record profile. We met him again before the 2001 season when he joined Eddie and arrived in Launy on the "Eddie, Sam and Trev Unplugged' tour. This time he knew us (so did Eddie).

For the Captain of the greatest sporting club in the land, his accessibilty to a kid in the bush in Tassie with a web site has been truly amazing.

2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 2:40 pm

Perhaps now some (or all) of us might be a bit more careful with our comments about the players, their ability , their attitude, etc.
They're only human (believe it or not) and they do have feelings. And, yes, they do care what the supporters think...with the emphasis on SUPPORTERS.

GO PIES. TWO WINS FROM GLORY.

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 3:12 pm

Gee - I wonder what Bucks thinks about me naming my dog after him ? Proudly displayed on everyone of my posts.

[This message has been edited by Clemo (edited 13 September 2002).]
carlabuckley_05 Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 4:24 pm

bux, now that i know you come on here, i just have to say that you rock and i love u! carlabuckley_05buckleyfan4life

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 6:01 pm

All I can say is i love you Bucks and all the other players! But especially you Jarrod! I hope you realise that I am your number one fan and that I have stuck up for you with all the stupid things people say to me about you at school, the footy, everywhere! I don't care that you haven't played a lot of games this year! (You played em all last year!) I still love ya and whenever you are out there with a Collingwood guernsey I know you will do something great!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Official Leader of the Jarrod Molloy cheersquad~*

*~Alyssa's song of the week~*
"Out on the road 2day I saw a dead-head sticker on a Cadillac, A little voice inside my head said "don't look back, u can neva look back" *Boys Of Summer-Don Henley*"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 7:06 pm

Hey Bucks !! It was so great to see you with the boys after their fantastic win last week. They not only did it for the millions and MILLIONS of us but they did it for you mate. To see you lead them out in the prelim will bring a tear to my eye. You've worked so hard for this and no-one deserves it more !! Go the Mighty Woodsmen and go Bucks - the most inspirational leader in the AFL. Donny.

Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 2:55 am

Clemo its a tradition to name pets after pie players in our house .
got no bucks yet.
loislane,brodie and leon are the current cats names.
wife wouldnt let me change lois name when he retired so we are stuck with that one.buried out the back(ex pets) we have monkey,browny,halfpie,maggie,sweetpie,gav and Toddy.

^*Cl|T*^ 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 5:43 am

Yeah my family got a pair of canaries just after the '90 Premiership. We called em Daicos and Millane. Funny thing was one died just after Millane was tragically killed ('92 i think) and then the other one died when Daic's was given his marching orders from the club ('93 if my memory serves me correctly). Quite a coincidence really.

TaZ_LuVs_EmIn3m Gemini

*~KeViN is GoRjOuZ~*

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 5:52 am

LOL Carla im sure that u r a very happy gurl atm sweety lol dont forget to add ur website huney lol. OMG hey buxs and the team as most ppl on this site have said ow they r big fans of ......well my dear friend sheree and i (tara) r brodie and Nicks number 1 fans as all our close friends from nicks cant tell and all the crap i get from me best friends at skool but i dont care lol good luck for next week and for the future beyond that. GO PIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

catch ya later luv always Tara

I LUV NICK DAVIS~YES I DO~HES 4 ME~AND~NOT 4 U~IF U TOUCH HIM~OR~TAKE MY PLACE~ILL GET MY FIST~AND~SMASH UR FACE~J/K LUV YA 2 BRODIE HOLLAND!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Mcgoughs_gurl 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 9:26 am

hey bucks glad to see you visit the site rocks dont it ur a legend @ our club & i hope you will stay with us for a long time to come goodluck in the finals!! i love mark m & josh F hehe...

~**Mcgoughs_gurl**~
jk- i have come to the conclusion that i would like to marry McGough only thing is that i dont think he'd want me dammit! haha

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 2:24 pm

And people wonder why players don't post - lol

It must be tough being an icon..

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: