Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Afghan Faces Death Penalty for Converting to Christianity

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

everybody happy?

www.facebook/the hybernators
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:16 pm

Dale61 wrote:
To all those claiming to be a Muslim, I wouldn't expect any of you to be going to the footy on Monday as you'll have to work. Why? Seeing as though Easter is a Christian 'festival', and you don't agree with Christianity, your religion then deems it unacceptable to have a four day weekend, and thus, you'll be reporting for work both on Friday and Monday.

If I was a Muslim ... or a Christian ... or a Buddhist ... or a Callabloodythumpian ... I'd be taking any day off that I can get ... because work sucks, whatever your creed.

Dale61 wrote:

With that in mind, you won't be going to the Queen's Birthday match either, seeing as though the Queen is a symbol of a Christian society ... and you'll also be missing the ANZAC Day game as well.

I don't know about the Queen being a symbol of a Christian society. There were kings and queens long before the Holy Spirit got his rocks off with Madonna.

But again ... why not take a day off? The Queen's birthday is a good enough excuse, I reckon ... Hey, my birthday is on the 5th of March ... why don't youse all have a day off then too ... or Donald Duck's birthday ... who cares?

Dale61 wrote:

Afterall, it was the ANZAC's who paid the ultimate price to ensure we are able to live the way we do now, and that ain't as a Muslim.

Oh, that's right ... It was the ANZACS who, in 1915, invaded a muslim country ... because the poms told them to ... and got their honky white arses kicked to kingdom come.

But I must be missing something here. How does a military stuff-up 90 years ago have anything to do with being "able to live the way we do now"?
TurkishPie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:11 pm

David from Canberra wrote:
well abortion is a different issue Turkish Pie, but I can see what you're saying. I think though what the pain was saying is very similar to what I've been trying to say.... religions aren't allowed to be politically incorrect these days, christianity has had to become more sanitised so that it is accepted in western countries. With Islam, attitudes are much the same in those countries today as they were a thousand years ago. I'm not saying modernizing religion is a good thing nessecarily, if you believe in a religion you should probably believe in its original form. However it seems undeniable that islam is the only religion that hasn't advanced and/or become more sanitised.

Dave, it is true that countries with a majority Muslim population are not as developed as the western world. However, this cannot be attributed to the Islamic religion. Islam does not prevent progress and development in any way. To the contrary, Islam orders Muslims to read, to learn, to develop. Unfortunately the rulers of these countries are more focussed on maintaining power than developing the nation. It is probably worth mentioning that, at present no country in the world is run by proper Sharia law. Some countries adopt parts of it, where it suits the rulers.

Furthermore, Muslims have made huge contributions to the sciences. Fields such as Chemistry and Algebra were founded by Muslims. Indeed it was Spanish Muslim who translated the texts of the ancient Greeks, which led Europe out of the Dark Ages.

Also, i would like to wish a Happy Easter to all my friends out there who are of the Christian faith, as well as those who prefer a public holiday instead of working. And for those of you who are interested, I will be marching on ANZAC day.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:54 pm

Don't worry HAL I save all my conversations.
the pain 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:27 pm

Quote:
the pain wrote:
Over the years as we have evolved into a more “cultured & peaceful" society

Do you really think so?

note the "" marks

David from canberra hit the nail on the head

Quote:
well abortion is a different issue Turkish Pie, but I can see what you're saying. I think though what the pain was saying is very similar to what I've been trying to say.... religions aren't allowed to be politically incorrect these days, christianity has had to become more sanitised so that it is accepted in western countries. With Islam, attitudes are much the same in those countries today as they were a thousand years ago. I'm not saying modernizing religion is a good thing nessecarily, if you believe in a religion you should probably believe in its original form. However it seems undeniable that islam is the only religion that hasn't advanced and/or become more sanitised
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:56 am

More peaceful Islam at work!

FAITH UNDER FIRE
Church forced to close by mob
Despite constitutional guarantees, Indonesia law could ban Christian fellowship

Posted: April 11, 2006
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com
Hundreds of radical Muslims who converged on a church filled with Christian worshippers in West Java on March 26, causing distress to many with their hostile demonstration, were convinced to disband only after police were called and the pastor of nine years agreed to close the church and cease all its Christian activities, reports the Voice of the Martyrs, a leading monitor of Christian persecution.
According to the report, a mob numbering around 200 came to the Church of Pentecost in Gunung Putri, Indonesia, during the Sunday morning service to protest the property being "misused" as a church building. The five-hour demonstration became so hostile, some of the women among the 190 congregants began crying hysterically.
Pastor Daniel Fekky was told by representatives of the Muslim mob, in a meeting arranged by police, the church would have to be closed based on a pending revision of the 1969 Joint Ministerial Decree (SKB) which dealt with church buildings and government approval. The pastor was able to get the mob to leave only by agreeing to shut the doors to his church.
The revision, announced by the Religious Affairs Minister and the Home Minister, will need the signature of President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono before coming into effect.
The revised regulations set three conditions before a church building can be built or a congregation legally established:
1. Proof of at least 90 existing members with official ID cards
2. Signatures from 60 neighbors of different faiths approving of the establishment of the new Christian congregation
3. Approval from local authorities
Indonesian Christians say the new law will make it more difficult to open new churches, especially in rural, predominantly Muslim areas. They also point to already-established churches which have tried for years to get government approval, without success.
Article 29(b) of the Indonesian constitution guarantees Indonesian citizens the freedom to choose their own religion and to worship according to the dictates of that religion.
Pastor Daniel has led his church's services for nine years, but the residents of Gunung Putri and the local government did not protest his ministry until a year ago.
"If this church is closed down, where can my congregants and their children worship the Lord?" said the pastor

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:58 am

Im not sure. . . . sorry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: