Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Power blackout

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 2:02 am
Post subject: Power blackoutReply with quote

Dermott Brereton said on MMM, on form Collingwood should be about 10th on the ladder.Forget it Dermott!
Here’s why we COULD beat Port next Friday :-
1. Anthony Rocca will be back and refreshed.
2. Buckley (hopefully) will be back and refreshed.
3. Didak will be back – gives us run and a couple of goals.
4. Our record at AAMI Stadium(nee Football Park) is good.
5. Molloy was ok. The run will have done him good…..and most of all ;
6. Port won a monumental match on Saturday. They ran out of puff in the last quarter and managed to win with just one goal in the last minutes. Our guys shouldn’t be too tired. They didn’t do much chasing against the doggies. It's only a 6 day break until Friday. If we can stick with Port, they might run out of puff again.
McGough seems to have lost the plot. I’d drop him and give Adkins another shot. To pace it with Port we need runners.
Our form in the past 6 weeks has been ordinary. No one(including Port) will give us a chance!

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 2:16 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

dermotts right - in fact 10th is probably being generous. but 10th doesnt play finals and at the end of the day, we're in. yes, we will probably regain all 3(bucks, daks and pebbles) but dont think youre giving port enough credit for yesterdays win. didnt think they actually ran out of puff - just playing the best team in the comp who know how to fight to the end. the short break worries me although injuries look pretty minimal from yesterday. hopefully an away trip will galvanise the boys as it has on occasion in the past.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 5:57 am

I am extremely confident about our chances on friday night and the odds will be a beauty some good coin to be made from this one.

People on the count of three...ONE...TWO...THREE..One day in september we want to remember there isnt any doubting we'll be in there shouting ( you beauty ) Collingwood's such a part of this old town and we know they wont let us down !! GO YOU SEPTEMBER MAGPIES...You thucking beauty !!!.............................http://www.mp3.com/joffa

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 6:15 am

Um and let me guess Dermott thinks his Hawks are top 4 material ??

The facts are we beat Brisbane this year

We have beaten Adelaide and lost narrowly to Port both in Adelaide.

We thrashed Melbourne and have beaten Essendon.

Sure we may be having a bad patch now but to say we dont deserve to be there is crazy.

You ain't gotta like me, you just mad, 'cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 7:32 am

Brereton is presently doing the commentary on WCE V Kangas and he is bagging both sides.
He is doing the same thing that 'UDSON did yesterday between PIEs & dogs....he even admnitted that his comentary was favouring the dogs.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 11:40 am

Well Joffa, I sure hope your confidence is well placed.
As it's turned out, if we lose to Port, looks like we'll be playing Essendon. I said at the beginning of the year I'd be satisfied with us making the finals and winning one match.
I'd be SO disappointed if we went out in straight sets.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:36 pm

LD is with Joffa on this one, Friday nite will be one of our finest victories, and LD is shipping over a few Euros over to ensure he cashes in on this one. Its gonna pay for all the xmas pressies in one hit, thanks Port, my famly and friends salute you. Harrysz analysis is spot on, and combined with cam's matchday plan, this one is an absolute monty. Don't miss out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: