Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

There's nothing like September

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
khartoum 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 10:56 am
Post subject: There's nothing like SeptemberReply with quote

While I've been a keen observer of opinions on this board for almost two years, I've finally decided to pull on the boots and inject myself into the game for what promises to be an exciting and entertaining finals campaign.

As a long suffering Collingwood suporter I share your enthusiasm for September as my fondest and most vivid childhood memories rest with that memorable day in 1990.

Our house was coloured black and white and I clearly remember bursting through the streamers that draped my bedroom door the night before the big game. I was fortunate enough to attend the match and I still recall the atmosphere and excitement like it was yesterday.

As fate would have it I now work with two members of that premiership team and regularly share in grand final reflections.

Having followed our performances closely over the last couple of months, I think we need to remain realistic about our chances in 2002.

Our effort against St Kilda on Sunday in perfect football condititions was typical of our recent form, and indicates we're a long way behind the top two sides.

I was amazed at our poor decision making, particularly in regard to disposal of the football, highlighting our lack of class through the midfield.

On too many ocassions when moving the ball from half back, we overlooked the link man through the middle and kicked to contested situations further down the ground. This stalled our momentum and run considerably, as delivery to these contests became a frustrating and fruitless exercise.

I have no problems kicking down the line to a contest, but when there are options inside, it becomes an unforgiveable offence. You only need to look at the way Simon Black uses the football to realise the value in delivery to a loose man. It opens up the game and promotes harder running through the midfield, which in turn encourages direct and precise leading from key forwards.

We played a stop-start game against St Kilda, which simply won't work against the better sides.

As good as Anthony Rocca has been this year, I thought his performance on Sunday was particularly average. Sure, he provided a reliable target, but once in possession he took too long to dispose of the football, turning it over with alarming regularity. Rocca needs to take responsibility for his actions and I thought the way he reacted on Sunday was extremely disappointing.

Lets hope we can keep the ball rolling with a polished display against the Dogs on Saturday and I look forward to contributing to further discussions on this board.

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 1:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Khartoum, I think you really know your stuff.
Well put!

Mcgoughs_gurl 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 2:56 pm

i agree u know ur stuff mate!!! so what two players do u work with hehe im a nosiy person hehe!!!

~**Mcgoughs_gurl**~
jk- i have come to the conclusion that i would like to marry McGough only thing is that i dont think he'd want me dammit! haha

clokeforever34 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 3:14 pm

agreed!! u know your stuff!! ive never really witnessed finals properly caus ein 94 when we played west coast i remember the game well but i didnt seem to care that much cause of young age! i remember my family and friends when micky dropped that chest mark, they were going MAD!! but i just sat there waiting for dinner!! (discrasful!!) anyway i dont know how im going to handle finals this year cause i tend to lose the plot in Wizard cup games and home and away games let alone finals!

"my religion is footy and my church is collingwood"

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 3:18 pm

I went [snip] in Wizard Cup too. You wont be able to hold me down when something goes bad in finals! My poor parents have to sit with me! Especially the one Wizard game i went to against Kangaroos when we lost and I sat front row on the ground and Jarrod walked past and I died! That was the day he pulled his hammy and I went [snip] screaming "No this cant be happening!" Who would of known after that one thing his whole year was different!!?????
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

'Oo, Someone 2 be kind 2, In between the dark & the lite,
Oo, Coming rite behind u, Swear I'm gonna find u,
One of these nights!
One of these nights- The Eagles'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 5:12 pm

Good on ya mate..and welcome.

People on the count of three...ONE...TWO...THREE..One day in september we want to remember there isnt any doubting we'll be in there shouting ( you beauty ) Collingwood's such a part of this old town and we know they wont let us down !! GO YOU SEPTEMBER MAGPIES...You thucking beauty !!!.............................http://www.mp3.com/joffa

Mcgoughs_gurl 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:02 pm

I remember the "90" grand final & esp when we won i was so happy my nan was with me mum & dad & i remember her going" goodie goodie yay we win & claping her hands & stuff" i love my grandma shes the best & the one eyed collingwood supporter too!!! everytime i ring her to tell her that collingwood won shes always sooo happy man i cant wait for finals time this yr im going to have the house black & white!!!!

~**Mcgoughs_gurl**~
jk- i have come to the conclusion that i would like to marry McGough only thing is that i dont think he'd want me dammit! haha

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 4:56 am

Khartoum, welcome and well discussed. I agreed with your statements although I do dislike when players are singled out for "average" play (and yes everyone is entitled to their opinion, right or wrong). I believe that many players took too long to dispose of the ball, particularly when leads were made in the forward line, and turned the ball over.

On September, my head might say slight chance this year, but bugger it my heart says we're there we're a show and I know that (if we do play them) Brisbane can be beat at the Gabba. Remember that the Dees beat them up there a few weeks after we showed them how to play footy, and both North and the filth pushed them the two weeks prior.

Go Pies!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: