Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Why?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 10:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely wouldn't use the word 'dropped' either, as players are not being punished or reprimanded - it's just about team balance and spreading the workload around.

I think with footy being so tough and fast these days, that it pays to rotate players occasionally and give some guys a rest, particularly when we will have to compete in a tough finals campaign. We have the depth to give players a rest and I think it benefits both the players in question and the team as a whole to always have fresh players coming into the side. Even guys like Lonie, who haven't had a great year, may be more motivated and improve their form if they get the occasional run in the seniors.

GO PIES!
Marg

molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:43 am

Can anyone answer me this: who had the youngest playing list out there on the ground today(pies or cats) because geelong may have young players in their list but at least the pies play them and what about this rubbish about our young players are used to big crowds, well it isn't our fault that we have more supporters than those cats do.

Porbably the best goal I saw yesterday was the big bomb by rocca!!!!!!! That was awesome.

PLEASE COLLINGWOOD I BEG OF YOU, PLEASE DON'T LOSE TO THE TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Jarrod Molloy RULES!!!!
*2002 Joint V.C*
Nick is RAD 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 1:18 pm

As much as i HATE to admit it, geelong played better than us yesterday, and won because of it, but we all new that. We had a lot of players out there that did, not a lot. But i was very impressed with a certain defenders performance. Simon Prestigiacomo my hat goes off to you. I used to be a little critical of presti, but have well and truly eaten my words this season. Sitting down in the ponsford, I really noticed what an impact he has on the team and opposition. If it wasnt for presti yesterday, i think we could've lost by about 40 points, so, GO PRESTI! Another player who I thought played well was Richard Cole, he seems to be travelling nicely, steadily gathering momentum, and playing better each week, well done Richard! Other than losing to geelong, (hate, hate, HATE geelong)and getting to the ground at 2:08, i had a pretty good day, as for tomorrow, well, its going to be a looooonnnnngggg day at school, in geelong.

--nick davis is the next best thing!!--

CAAS 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:54 am

Lets face it, Geelong are shit and we had a bad day. With all the press sayuing we were outright favorites was like saying Geelong had no chance. What more amunition did they need? Fair enough we were screwed by Sheehan in the 1st half but the 2nd half we DID get outplayed. None of our crumbers knew where the ball was. As for Chipper being finished? Well, i cant see MM delisting a guy who has been an emergency for the last 3 weeks. He'll get his chance again, this week most likely. He hadnt kicked a football for nearly 12 months so it would take time to get back to the speed of things.

Murray 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 3:11 am

Maybe the Adelaide win took more out of us than was evident at the time (both physically and mentally). We looked flat from the opening bounce against the cats and that can happen with any side but particularly with a young side that has been "up" for a while. And besides I think you know we are in trouble when we start playing Wakelin in the forward line. As for Richo I think MM probably thought we needed the height, hind sight is a wonderful thing. This is the toughest part of the season and we still need 3 more wins to be sure of a spot in the 8 and 4 more wins to make the top 4. It will be hard going.

Only Collingwood people know what we feel - the rest will never understand.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: