Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

WHY I HATE TAGGERS AND STOPPERS

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toolman 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 8:35 am
Post subject: WHY I HATE TAGGERS AND STOPPERSReply with quote

Taggers such as that player from geelong ling I really hate.
The game will be a much better sport to see with out taggers that stop star players play to their optimum.
Taggers and stoppers are just trying to take away the quality of the game and if they played footy with a need of tagging then they themselves will be found out.
Taggers and stoppers are shit they just try to stop a player who is a million times better then themselves to drag the star players down to their level , and it sucks.
It was about time the afl and the other clubspromoted star player value instead of trying to bring in taggers.
Taggers should be taken out of the game and then the game would be viewed on its face value not just a medioca competion which it is at the moment.

GOOD OLD MIGHTY MAGPIES FOREVER. UNITED THEY WILL NEVER BE BEATEN. LONG LIVE THE MAGPIES

Toolman 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT DOES EVERBODY ELSE THINK ABOUT IT ? It would be much better to see a match on pure face value instead of stopping star players.

GOOD OLD MIGHTY MAGPIES FOREVER. UNITED THEY WILL NEVER BE BEATEN. LONG LIVE THE MAGPIES

Toolman 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:33 am

WHAT DOES EVERY BODY ELSE THINK?

Get Smart 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:59 pm

Sorry, but Taggers are part of the game.
My 12 year old son is a great tagger. He was taught at a young age how to make life difficult for a good player. He does the job, which leads to winning matches. Take tagging out of the game and you have a new game.
Taggers make the game interesting. It gives a player with , say a lesser skill level to be a match winner.
It is a skill, not many players are able to be good taggers.
Gee, Michael Gayfer was always one of my favourite players.
Lacked skill but a necessary type of player. Yes, he didn't get many possessions, but neither did the man he marked.
Long live Taggers.

clokeforever34 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 1:31 pm

so this means u hate lica too???!!!

"my religion is footy and my church is collingwood"

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 1:38 pm

whatchoo need is a tagger antidote, a hard nosed bastard to run through the opisitons taggers and you have no tags to worry about.
I get sick of seeing Bucks scragged, held, groped and piggy backing these things around every week.
taggers are a part of the game, but where have all the hard nosed bastards gone?

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 2:25 pm

I think magpiemad is right. I guess all's fair in love and war. If taggers want to grope and bite and scratch and harrass ... fair enough. But then it should also be fair enough for someone like Molloy to run through them when no one's looking.

Unfortunately, these days, there is always someone looking. So cowards like Ling get away with their subtle crimes and anyone who tries to square up with them gets pinged and rubbed out.

Get rid of trial-by-video, I reckon. If the umpire didn't see it, it didn't happen. Then these things would get sorted out.

You wanna take our star player out of the game? Fine. Go right ahead. We'll just break your ribs when you're not looking.

Sounds fair to me.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: