Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Not Happy Jan!!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

You go Dusty! They have to learn that they can't just treat us supporters as second rate. Without us that prick doesn't have a job. Customer Service really needs to be addressed here so keep going until someone listens to you.

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
tessa 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 6:06 am

It may have been a particular supporters group breakfast with some of the players.I agree that the offical should/could have been more friendly in the way it sounds like he treated you guys.
We have functions as the PMs and I can see the point of keeping these events to "members" and guests only I have been in trouble with the PMs on this point.I announced at one stage all where welcome but we have a special group formed for a particular interest should anyone wanna come along then l beleive that its up to you as a supporter to seek out the supporter groups and become a member of those groups.The club is very helpful with these groups so seek them out and then all parties evolve the Club the Gruop and You.We have had for example A dinner at the club with the historian,Pebbles at Marks Place last dinner we had Didak and O`Bree.The club supports these groups so find a supporter group that suits your situation and support them so they(you) can be a real part of the club OUR CLUB.

Tessa (pink magpies member)

Rowdy4ever 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:28 am

At the end of the day there was a spare table, Dusty & the rest weren't bothering anyone and they should have been invited to stay and apologised about the confusion. Who does this official think he is? as for his response, I'm ashamed. As Ant said thank God it wasn't a player that behaved like this. Situations like this do not encourage supporters to join these type of groups because of the fear of the Collingwood name being smeared due to the antics of some officials and players. I even choose my favourite players wisely (can't go wrong with Rowdy - as well as being a spunk!). Okay, he doesn't play anymore but my favourite player currently is everyone, ie. the team. Be careful not to put players on pedestals, as they are here one day, gone the next! Buy your memberships, go to the games, cheer loudly and never leave a game early, no matter what the score is.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:19 am

Exactly Rowdy, there was a spare table, and even if there wasn't, there are more chairs in Vic PArk than in that one room, and if not, what's the harm of letting them stand up the back with Balmy? And even if this wasn't going to happen, there is no excuse to be rude to anyone, especially a Collinwood anyone!!

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
tessa 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:41 pm

The offical was wrong in how he handled the situation but that seems to be epidemic at CFC sometimes.But imagine if they had allowed this person to stay then they get on this or another board and start telling everyone how I got in to a breakfast ect ect and before ya know it there could be 5 or 10 or more "gatecrashers" at the next function.There has to be some formality to these events the player was also wrong in trying to get a person into the event and would have no doubt been spoken to.The supporters groups need support too from Collingwood supporters we can`t just be expected to provide functions without any help or numbers to show our club how we can support it.If you feel you would like to go to functions where the players are then contact the club its not fair to just bullshit your way in and then bitch when your asked to leave cause as you well know you shouldn`t be there.Do you think you could just walk in a Woman In Black or Woodsmen function without being invited.Then why should the doors be open to everyone just cause theres room then we may as well have no memberships or entry costs to the "G" its so big theres heaps of room for all to just rock up why should we all pay.No there has to be system that allows these groups to keep control and make some money it all goes to the club in the end anyway.

Tessa (pmm)

tessa 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:41 pm

The offical was wrong in how he handled the situation but that seems to be epidemic at CFC sometimes.But imagine if they had allowed this person to stay then they get on this or another board and start telling everyone how I got in to a breakfast ect ect and before ya know it there could be 5 or 10 or more "gatecrashers" at the next function.There has to be some formality to these events the player was also wrong in trying to get a person into the event and would have no doubt been spoken to.The supporters groups need support too from Collingwood supporters we can`t just be expected to provide functions without any help or numbers to show our club how we can support it.If you feel you would like to go to functions where the players are then contact the club its not fair to just bullshit your way in and then bitch when your asked to leave cause as you well know you shouldn`t be there.Do you think you could just walk in a Woman In Black or Woodsmen function without being invited.Then why should the doors be open to everyone just cause theres room then we may as well have no memberships or entry costs to the "G" its so big theres heaps of room for all to just rock up why should we all pay.No there has to be system that allows these groups to keep control and make some money it all goes to the club in the end anyway.

Tessa (pmm)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: