Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Chant.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Joff... I really think that this chant is a real goer..but its one of those things that will take just a little time for everyone to get involved.... we'll just keep hammering and peppering with flyers everygame from now on until everyone has understood... I still have 2 reams of ppr in my boot Ill run that off for the Geelong Game....and then Ill get some more and some more and some more.... until everyone has got the idea.... (I hope there wont be too many some mores cos I wont be able to afford it)
By that stage we'll have hit the finals and then you'll see what will happen....(I'm hopin' and prayin'....)
I honestly dont think its going to take that long... actually I was quite surprised and pleased at how quickly the crowd caught on.... yea it'll be great....

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WILL be there)
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 5:10 pm

If anyone can donate paper for printing the fliers it will be a tremendous help i can tell you.

As frankie says we gotta get this perfect on our way to the finals...we can mass print and i'll keep them at my place and take the buggers to every game.

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !.............................http://www.mp3.com/joffa

Millane42 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 2:20 am

The Chant is definitely a winner, i watched it on TV and Michael Christian said: "It sounds like a soccer atmosphere in here with the collingwood chant" - or words to that effect. You could hear it a good few times throughout the coverage, but mostly when we were piling on the goals. I know the Sydney Handouts have had their fans sing the sydney soccer style chant to great effect to get their team home when they are behind.

Keep it up - it is very intimidating for the opposition and their dire supporters.

"Grinners are Winners.."
Melsa5 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:59 am

Joffa,

Send it to me via email, I will print it and post them back to you.

Could do a mass print at work and get away with it.

Have an idea. You need more exposure especially at MCG. You need more than 1 flag Joff. This probably has been suggested. Have 1 in the Social club, 1 in Western Stand and then the cheer squad.

[This message has been edited by Melsa5 (edited 03 July 2002).]
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 7:23 am

Joffa, This chant is a credit to you and I'd love you guys to continue with it. Being in WA and hearing it on the weekend on tv was great. To be honest I thought it would flop because I wasn't expecting us to have 90% of the crowd there, but it was very audible on tv and it sounded awesome.

Keep up the good work mate...CFC is in debt to you and your efforts.

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
daicos4ever 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 11:12 am

I watched the reply on Fox Footy (at 3 in the morning) last night, and bloody hell it was loud. Might not have been loud from where I was sitting, but I was at the other end. But on TV, it was loud, clear, and I think all the commentators acknowledged the voice of the Magpie army on Saturday night. This is a credit to you Joffa, you might have started something that has revolutionised the following of football from the stands. Still a fair way to go, but the foundations have been laid, and strong foundations they are.
I might be able to help with the printing. If you want to email the document I will help out.

Goodbye Dolly I must leave you, though it breaks my heart to go,
Something tells me I am needed at the front to fight the foe,
See - the soldier boys are marching and I can no longer stay,
Hark - I hear the bugle calling, goodbye Dolly Gray.

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD FOREVER, WE KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE GAME,
SIDE BY SIDE WE STICK TOGETHER, TO UPHOLD THE MAGPIES NAME.
SEE THE BARRACKERS SHOUTING, AS ALL BARRACKERS SHOULD,
OH, THE PREMIERSHIP'S A CAKEWALK FOR THE GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD
RHYSTHEKING 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 2:58 pm

Well done everyone that was involved, as everyone has said, it sounded fantastic on the TV and sitting nere it all and chanting was just a great feeling. Joffa And Frankie, you are both a credit to the club...all we need now is 4 joffa to have a leadership possition at the club Well done again and at the geelong game i will bring some more flyers

NICK DAVIS IS KING #19

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 3:19 pm

Melsa 5

Terrific idea let me have a real good think about that one over the weekend.

We will need to find people who are willing to participate
We need those people to saturate the area where they are sitting with fliers.
We need those people to wait for the signal from cheer squad and when if we do go ahead with the idea, when all 3 flags are waving furiously THE CHANT will begin actually im liking the sound of it very much.

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !.............................http://www.mp3.com/joffa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: