Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

An Apology

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tessa 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 6:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank goodness for the legecy they did leave us it made us the most feared club in the land and as we are seeing we still are.
I have spent my time in churches I can assure you and have been able to argue my case very well on a biblical theory of we are all born sinners = born gay/straight no elder able do dissagree after the talk.But back to the pies shit who cares who follows us as long as they do!

Tessa (pmm)

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:15 pm

Shaun Good on ya m8, stick it up those winging, bagging morons! the more real Collingwood supporters that stand up and say "shut the f&%k up" to these types the better the club will be in the long run. some on here say it takes all types, well we know what type you are m8, dinky die black'n'white!

"when your runnin down my football club your walking on the fighting side of me"

Ed 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:33 am

Alf
et tu brute.
my latins a bit rusty,did my last latin lesson in 1967,never needed it since.
I also was being sarcastic.

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:42 am

I think I can offer some explanation here. Having followed the pies all my life I believe we are headed for finals glory (but am still very nervous). Most of us supporters have sat through our drought. Now that we finally look like the real deal I am more nervous than ever. Before it was all in "hope" and when players stuffed up and we lost it was thought, "just another usual loss". Now we can truly mix it with everyone week in week out our mistakes are more costly. I guess what I mean is that there is more stakes at hand here now that we can play, making some of us more nervous (and likely to bag mistakes made). Bear with us people.....we truly celebrate and praise when things go good too!

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:50 am

Never let it be said that Collingwood supporters live in the past, eh ALF?

Murray 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:29 am

Hmm, interesting topic.
Let me see if I have got it right. We have the freedom to say good stuff about Collingwood because that is our God given right (the god bit is for you Alf) This is what a democracy is all about. Yep that bit sounds good. It is the other bit I can't quite get a handle on. Do some of you mean to say that the same rights DO NOT apply to people who wish to criticise aspects of the club or some of the players. I just don't understand how that bit works works.
I am an AFL (Collingwood Club Support) member and I am a Collingwood Social Club member. We live in a democracy. I think those three things give me certain rights. I can say Bucks is an out an out champion but I can also say Ben Johnson has terrible disposal and wastes a lot of his good work and I absolutely love Collingwood. Yep I think that is a democracy.
Great discussion though.

CAAS 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:59 am

There is only 1 religion and that is being a Pies supporter.

As for the Irish and catholic that some fool is talking about, i reckon he should start living in the 21st century.
Every club has got supporters that bag a player or players, its a fact of life. There wouldnt be one person here that hasnt bagged a player. You are kidding yourself if you reckin you havent. The only difference would be if you constantly bagged the player everytime he went near the ball.

paulie 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:05 am

Well Assain I've hear of hot S#@t in my time and the odd Golden shower but that is Redicoulos .

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:41 am

As for this 21st century that some viper has seen fit to mention ...

... those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

[**I'll snip this bit myself to save the moderators the trouble** ]

[This message has been edited by Dr Alf Andrews (edited 01 July 2002).]
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 3:54 am

A bitch fight is looming and i aint involved...YOU BEAUTY!!!

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !.............................http://www.mp3.com/joffa

Brown26 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 4:49 am

I have a feeling being so close to a finals berth has strained the nerves on a few people...

I fully see where alf and co are comming from though. I was one of the most frustrated people at colonial when, during the 3rd quarter, Johnno took the ball from a pack, turned on a dime, took two bounces straight down the middle, and off loaded a monster punt about 30 m into the hands of the opposition. And I said it, too, but not to him, not at him. That's the difference.

I've sat next to people who yell out "go home rocca" "go home shaw" those sorts of things, and it's just stupid. this year I sat in front of a guy who called Chris tarrant a wanker everytime any collingwood person touched the ball, and all through half time, until he kicked 5 goals in the last quarter. That shut him up.

That is not the behaviousr of a GOOD supporter, that is the behaviour of a cynical, long suffering supporter. I don't know if that's what Alf was trying to get at bringing the church into the debate, but I think Blanch may ahve been onto something.

These people are frustrated and are soo used to losing that all they've had to do in the past was complain. I, for one, think that sucks, but it is changing, with the more wins we get, it is changing.

*please not: the use of the term "good supporter" does not in any way denote anyone here, their friends, relatives, dogs, relatives dogs, etc. is a "bad supporter" - I've been through this discussion before and can't be bothered doing it again to the moderators!!. But I think we know where the word supporter comes from - SUPPORT!!! *

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
GeorgeQ 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:57 am

Great topic Shaun. I most vile things I have ever heard said to Collingwood players over the years have come from social club members, no contest. Why, because people seem to want to be negative and vent their spleens, they must have crappy lives. I just tell them to shut up and **** off, Collingwood does not need or want people like them.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 11:33 am

Hey Alf I am an Irish Australian catholic and a Legends member - of some long standing and speaking as an ICU nurse - I think you must of got the last batch of spiked Panadol Every team has those that support in this manner and no I am not and have never been one and yes it is hard to listen to!! At least from what I have seen over 30 years those we have with this tendency don't abuse and spit on our own like Richscum supporters!! Variety - the spice of life!!!!

tessa 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 2:37 am

It appears to me IMO that the memories of 66/70/77/77/78(3rd)79/80/81 have dulled us all with the last 8 years we have forgotten the cry.BETTER NOT TO BE THERE THAN BE BEATEN.Are we gunna repeat the same history of the previous V.F.L. Collingwood or create a better A.F.L. style Collingwood that wins the majority of finals played in?Don`t forget how bad you felt lossing Grand Final after Grand Final.Getting the wooden spoon is nothing by comparison.2nd means nothing!Remember 1990 how many of you waited till half way through the last quarter to start thinking its ours?DON`T FORGET!

Tessa(pmm)

Brown26 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 4:08 am

variety: the spice of life? hell, let's not put tamper proof seals on panadol, if a few are poisoned, it's variety!!

If these supporters are bad for the club, I don't think I want them there just for variety!! However, I think what you may have been getting at is if there are only a few of these supporters, then we can tollerate them. Which is true, one idiot in the sectin near you can be ignored quite easily.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: