Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Can ya smell finals?????!!!!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clokeforever34 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:46 am
Post subject: Can ya smell finals?????!!!!!!Reply with quote

well, we're 9 and 4 after 13 rounds and the finals r finally coming to victoria park.after a great win over the improving roos and good wins to essendon,brisbane,bulldogs,hawthorn and many others to come, we will FINALLY be playing in september and mabye even in melbourne!!! we have some very winnable games towards the end of the season which could c us finish at about 15-7 or 16-6 geez its getting close to the year ive been waiting for my hole life. GO PIES!!!!

"my religion is footy and my church is collingwood"

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I CAN SMELL FINALS VICTORY!
I just hope my baby plays when we win! Then all these little crapheads that say Collingwood is gay i can say DID WE WIN THE GRAND FINAL LAST YEAR!? and they will shut up!

GO U BLOODY RIPPER!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~LiSeY~*
*~Jarrod Molloy's Number One Fan!~*
*~Jarrod is my baby and nobody else's~*

http://groups.msn.com/AlyssasCollingwoodClub
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:29 am

Can I smell them finals?

Nah. It must be my neighbour who's just mowed the lawn. The smell of freshly cut grass.

Speaking of lawns etc ... I think there's going to be some very long grass on lawns throughout the North-Eastern suburbs this September.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:35 am

we were 8-5 at this stage last yr and still missed the finals. i think we'll get there easy but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Magpies_rule19 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:52 am

I do think we should get there with a fantastic and exciting team we should make it! All we need is for Buckley to get back to his best and we should be unstopable.

GO PIES!

NICK+DAVIS=LEGEND

I@n S 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:37 pm

AH SMELLS DAMN GOOD.

Go Mighty Magpies
Englands fifa World Cup Some Time
iluvLONIE 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 2:11 pm

BRING ON THE FINELS!!!!!
I can't wait 4 them!! I only hope Ryan gets to play the finels, if he dosnt I will be very sad..
I think the pies are looking mighty fine and we are placed very nicly on the ladder..GO PIES !!!!

ohh the Ryan Lonie ohh the Ryan Lonie ohh the Ryan Lonie and thats what its all about

Ant 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 6:57 pm

I dont think we should get too far ahead of oursleves yet. I mean, yes we are a good team, but a lot can happen in 9 weeks of football. Forgive me if i sound a little negative, but i cant help it seeing we have been consistent underachievers for the last few years. However, i do believe we are one of the comps better sides with a list to be envied. This said, i think we should definately be a part of the September action.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 7:09 am

ONE week a time guys!!

Who loves ya Presti?
WE DO!
Lets Go Elvis Preslygiacomo
Murray 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:53 am

We still need 4 more wins to make sure we make it. We have some very tough matches coming up. By my reckoning I can only find 3 certainties, Richmond, Hawthorn & St kilda. All the others will be hard. I guess the boys will be really "up" against Carlton as we "owe them one". So that could give us the 4 wins we need.

Only Collingwood people know what we feel - the rest will never understand.

Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 10:30 am

I was waiting with some unsureness how we would front up after the break. Seasons can so often can be divided into two halves. A backward step or staying at the same level would have lowered my expectations. But we actually buried a team that has been too tough for us for so many years. They hit us hard as usual and we responded with aggression to the degree that it was the Roo boys who lost their feet after body clashes, while our guys stayed balanced and in control.

Our 'drop off' last year was put down to our youngsters starting to feel the pinch from a hard season. We had a list that seemed fragile due to lack of depth, and we were hoping Bucks would stay fit. This year we have *found* a new player who will be a long term regular almost every second week. Cloke and McGough and Didak and Cole and a couple of other stepping up to a new level. Now we have the talented depth to give us confidence, and MM is astutely using it (and the bench) to not overuse the players. It's a luxury that should keep our list fit and enthusiastic right the way through. Injuries are always a killer but in some ways with Nick Davis and Molloy having a rest they too will be like new star recruits as the season reaches the finals.

I'm sure we have reached a new level, and the next level is just a whisker away. I can feel it.

I've kept a lid on my expectations, figuring that we really should be at least 2 years away from being realistic premiership contenders, but I'm becoming very impressed by this regular injection of class.

No longer are we waiting for existing players to 'develop' into 50 - 100 gamers with experience, we have actually added a new dimension as this season has progressed. So I don't fear the Crows, we always do OK against them, and we are 100% more potent today than we were 12 weeks ago.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 4:03 am

One day in september
We want to remember
There isnt any doubting
We'll be in there shouting

GO YOU MAGGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHHAA ...THIS IS A BEAUTY YOU BEAUTY MAGGIESSSSSSS.

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !.............................http://www.mp3.com/joffa

[This message has been edited by magpie joffa (edited 03 July 2002).]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: