Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Taz to miss 8???

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:20 am
Post subject: Taz to miss 8???Reply with quote

In todays HeraldSun;

"By MICHAEL HORAN
18jun02

BOOM Magpie forward Chris Tarrant could be sidelined for up to eight weeks with a hip injury.

ADVERTISEMENT

Collingwood will learn today the severity of the tender hip that forced him to abandon the club's trip to Darwin in favour of receiving immediate treatment in Melbourne.
As the Magpies jetted into the Top End yesterday for a four-day recreation and promotional trip, Tarrant was flying home alone for an MRI scan on his hip and groin.

There are fears Tarrant suffered some ligament or cartilage damage around the hip against Fremantle on Sunday.

Coach Mick Malthouse said yesterday the seriousness of Tarrant's injury was unclear.

"I don't think I should speculate because I could be miles off," Malthouse said as his players conducted a junior clinic at the Marara Sports complex.

"The best scenario is he'll play against the Kangaroos next week; the worst is we'll wait for the MRI and see where we go from there, whether we treat it aggressively or passively, whatever the case may be.

"I was pretty keen for Chris to come here, but contrary to what a lot of people may think about Chris Tarrant and how lackadaisical he may be, he wanted to go back and make sure he got early treatment."

Tarrant was scanned last night and the club expected the result this afternoon.

Anthony Rocca, who suffered a hamstring strain in the Pies' 11-point loss, has reportedly improved dramatically already.

Malthouse is confident his key forward will recover in time to tackle the Roos at Colonial Stadium on Saturday week.

Malthouse again refuted suggestions captain Nathan Buckley was carrying a knee injury. He said too much attention and a lack of confidence had caused the champion's form to taper over the past month.

Buckley jarred his knee in Round 5 when a kick was smothered by James Hird.

"The knee was a two-week injury. He's over that. I can honestly tell you, to my knowledge and the medicos' knowledge, he is not carrying an injury," Malthouse insisted.

"He's been tagged every week and he's low on confidence. Around about this time last year he went through a similar process, pulled himself out of it and had 30-plus possessions for the next four or five weeks. The period he was down last year probably cost him a sixth Copeland."

Malthouse said expectations were very high on Buckley week-in week-out.

"If you are a young player and you get told you're going to play on Nathan Buckley, you live him, eat him and sleep him for five days," Malthouse said.

"It's no wonder players go off the boil for a little while, because they get very determined opponents on them every week. Bucks gets that, but I assure you he's not getting any medical treatment that I'm aware of.""

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 5:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what else to say except..DAMN!!! DAMN!!! DAMN!!!

JDF
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 5:55 am

ay joel, that would be followed by I HOPE NOT!!!

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:29 am

Beware of HEADLINES. They exist only to suck you in. No where in the article did it say Tarrant could miss eight weeks. The only place it said this was in the headline! And that is not normally written by the writer, but some editor type.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 8:11 am

Greg, I think it is the sub-editor's job to write headlines. From what I can gather, a sub-editor is also responsible for the final copy, which he/she may or may not have edited to read 'better'. What is credited to a particular journo is not necessarily exactly what they have written.

"Racetracks are for racing, roads are for getting there."
iluvLONIE 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 8:36 am

8 WEEKS??. Poor Tazza!!! I hope the papers are just blowing this waaaay out perportion, if not I hope U get betta soon sweetie and are ready for the finels coz we will be needing ya. GOOOO PIES!!!!

ohh the Ryan Lonie ohh the Ryan Lonie ohh the Ryan Lonie and thats what its all about

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:25 am

the exact same article appeared here in darwin today(where the maggies are being treated like rock stars i must add) and they said 6 weeks so god know what the story is. thankfully nicky d, d9 and scotty can come in to cover.

clokeforever34 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 10:03 am

yeah he could miss 8 or he could play next week!!!

Lisey_JarrodMolloyrox 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 10:16 am

Oh my god no! I am so upset now! I love Tazza!!! That ruined my happy day!!! Oh i so hope he is alright and isn't out for 8 weeks! My poor poor baby!!!!!

Love always, Alyssa xoxo
*~LiSeY~*
*~Molloy is my baby and nobody else's! lol~*

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 10:23 am

Whoa! Whoa!
Calm down and Relax.

From AFL.COM this afternoon:

'Tarrant gets all clear'

Star Collingwood forward Chris Tarrant has been cleared of structural damage to his hip and is likely to line up for the Magpies against the Kangaroos in round 13.

Tarrant cut short his promotional and educational tour of the Northern Territory with his teammates, and returned to Melbourne to have an MRI scan on Monday.

He was forced from the field during the third quarter of Collingwood’s 11-point loss to Fremantle at Subiaco on Sunday.

Collingwood football operations manager Neil Balme said Tarrant had sprained his hip, and had not suffered any ligament or cartilage damage as was initially feared.

“It’s good news and he should play the next game without too many problems. But obviously we’ve got to see how the soreness goes,” Balme said.

“There’s no guarantees (that he’ll play) because he was a bit sore. But there was certainly nothing indicated to suggest that he won’t play.”

Tarrant, the Pies’ leading goal kicker in 2001, will rest in Melbourne rather than rejoin the travelling Magpies who return late on Friday evening.

“He’ll just relax at home. There’s too much flying. It’s only a minor injury but he’s a bit sore, and we’ve just got to give him every chance,” Balme said.

Key forward Anthony Rocca, who is nursing a hamstring injury, will be tested during the week, but is expected to recover during the club’s week off.

Rocca left the ground during the last quarter of Sunday’s game, but did not require a scan.

“We’ll see how he goes,” Balme said. “We’re confident. But you never know with those things,” Balme said.

KILL FOR COLLINGWOOD
Lisey_JarrodMolloyrox 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 10:33 am

Hey! I was about to post the good news! No Fair!

Love always, Alyssa xoxo
*~LiSeY~*
*~Molloy is my baby and nobody else's! lol~*

clokeforever34 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 10:34 am

he just got cleared of any injury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pants 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 2:09 am

That's what you'd expect from a Michael Horan article, utter b*llshit. He's the guy back in 96 that reported that Bucks had DEFINATELY signed with the new Port Adelaide side and would DEFINATELY not play for Collingwood in 97. Causing Buckley to be booed at a Collingwood game at Vic Park. He is not to be trusted. I personally dont bother to read anything written by that prick, I have a long memory!!

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 3:10 am

LOL how can you ever believe what any journo writes??

Brown26 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:15 am

He hurt his hip, whe he did it they wouldn't ahve know what he did, if he did any major structural damages he could've been out for ages (like the rest of the season) but whatever scan he had obviously cleared him. Good to see, and luckily we've got the week off for him to recover, but pity he missed the NT trip. We all know how much he loves the media coverage...

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: