Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Our Boys are Tops in the Top End

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 3:31 am
Post subject: Our Boys are Tops in the Top EndReply with quote

The Boys trained well in front of a large crowd ( large for here anyway ). they all look good, a few will go back to Melbourne with a good suntan. No one looked like they pulled up sore.
I'd like to thank every one involved in bringing them to the top end, you guys in Melbourne might get a bit used to seeing the boys, but for me and my family its was a thrill and a pleasure to go and watch them train.
I also like to say that they are great blokes for putting up with all the autograph hunters after training when they where running late, they still took the time to have photo's taken and sign hundreds of autographs.
They are having dinner at the club up the road tonight so me and the wife are going out for dinner I feel like such a groupie!!

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD FOREVER!!!

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 4:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck to you MagpieMad!
Yes we do get to see the boys everyweek living here in the Football Capital BUT there aint no chance of getting a suntan here at the moment - this morning my car was frozen solid!
Ah - the price we pay.

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 8:03 am

My wife and I are looking forward to being in Darwin around the end of November and staying for a while to get that suntan.
You deserve what you get living in Melbourne.
At least its not FREEZING and FOGGY here in sydney,just bloody cold.
I was in court yesterday for the final wrap up of my work cover case....I won the case,but have to wait until the judge hands down his decision,but would you believe it was cold and wet yesterday and in Sydney at 9:30am it was 12 degrees,and didnt we know it.
I have just had a terrible though the judge might hand his verdict down on Friday which is my wifes birthday....My god what a thought.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 9:59 am

Peter, expect very harsh conditions if you go to Darwin at the end of November. What is commonly known as 'The Build-Up', the weather can be in the 36 - 38 degree range, with humidity in the 90% plus range, so be prepared. The rains might be there by then, which do help 'cool' the place a little, but it tends to get worse after rain as the ground water turns to steam.

Secondly, if you are driving, and IF the rains have arrived by then, expect to be 'stranded' by flooded bridges. After 20+ years up there, I learnt not to drive out of Darwin during the Wet Season.

I miss the Darwin 'winter', but I dont envy anyone going up there at the end of November.

Magpiemad and Ramjet21 will probably support my comments.

"Racetracks are for racing, roads are for getting there."
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 10:16 am

beautiful place but youre dead right dale

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 10:29 am

Yeah the weather in November can be like walking around in warm soup, Don't let that put you off tho as the Top End is spectacular in the wet season with the huge monsoon lightning storms, the wetlands full of water, the huge waterfalls, and everything green. I've allways wonderd about the value of visiting the Kakadu wetlands in the Dry season when they are.. well dry. The fishing is better in the wetseason aswell, with the ocean water being warmer, the fishes metabolism being faster they can get quite ferral.
But the wetseason is a bitch to live through year after year, thats why we are leaving here at the end of the year, Just can't do another Wetseason.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 11:19 am

November in Darwin...is that the 'silly season', or is my memory of the annual nut case olympics wrong?

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 1:54 pm

LD, your memory is correct.

Ramjet, Darwin is certainly a wonderful place to visit, but to live there......???????

I also agree with you, magpiemad, about Kakadu and the wetlands, but it is only true if the monsoon rains have arrived. I've never known there to be a lot of water anywhere in November. Mid December was usually known to be a god time to see the wetlands. Places like Twin Falls, Wangi Falls and Butterfly Gorge dont usually come alive 'til then anyway.

Anyway PeterWH, you will at least get to see some footy Darwin style. I think you will be surprised at the overall level up there, and keep an eye on the aboriginal players. On their home turf, they are unbelievable in their skills.

"Racetracks are for racing, roads are for getting there."

[This message has been edited by Dale61 (edited 19 June 2002).]
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 7:30 am

When we leave Sydney,which we hope will be mid August or there abouts,we are going thru Melbourne to see my sister,Adelaide,Perth,Broome and then Darwin,then Alice Springs,cut up to Cairns and then Brisi,back to Sydney and see what the climate is like,as far as the real estate market is like,and if the area where we live is full of Middle eastern people,as itis fast becoming,we will sell up and move bush.....thats our plan,but anything is liable to happen.
I'm not worried about the wet season,just the maniacs on the road.
We will see what happens when the time comes.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: