Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who's the best/worst commentators and which is the best foot

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 7:52 am
Post subject: Who's the best/worst commentators and which is the best footReply with quote

Best commentator by a mile in my book is Daicos and not for being a ex magpie legend, but for his calls.
Worst? You can't go past Walls for bad commentating, he should find something more useful to do with himself, a career as a speedbump would suite him I reckon.
Worst? Quartermain (dunno if thats how you spell it)

Channel 9 wins hands down.
After watching the game on Fox yesterday I was glad I didn't subscribe to pay TV for the footy, there coverage is very poor.

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 8:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I thought yesterday's coverage was pretty average.

The camerawork was disgraceful and the commentary was very pro-Freo (made me long for one of Eddie's passionate calls again!)

I too think that Daics is the best commentator - I realise that he doesn't speak as well as some, but he is spot on with his calls and doesn't appear to show any bias.

I dislike the Foxtel commentators (Campbell and Bennett - they are both useless) and I don't like Quartermain or Dermie either (the former simply hates Collingwood and doesn't try to disguise it at all, whilst the latter's giggling gets on my nerves).

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 9:26 am

I agree with Daicos calling the games,Walls is trying but has a long way to go,and as far as TV is concerned I am afraid that here in Sydney,Ch10 wins hands down.
We got the FREO V PIES game replay at 1:30 this morning.At least we got the Swans game....what good that was....on Saturday night.
Ch9 is all NRL up here....cant miss out on their NRL,but STUFF the AFL

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 2:15 pm

ten is doing a better job i reckon but dennis commetti is far and away the best in the business. he has been for some time. can nine please tell dermie to %$^Ł$%^&%% off?

Ian Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 2:57 pm

Have to agree,Ramjet - Dennis and his Commetti-isms are the best in the business.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 1:04 am

Best commentator...Black_White of course!

Honourable mentions to BW Phantom and Northern Pie for the Melb game..(hope I got that right fellas!)

Murray 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:06 am

Peter (in the end) Daicos (in the end) needs to get a better grip on the english language (in the end) because (in the end) after evey sentence (in the end) he says "in the end".

bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:09 am

Glad to have gotten a mention with legends such as Dics and Black_White. We had a lot of fun and we look forward to calling another game soon.

If your not bleeding Black and White, you don't truly support Collingwood!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Bones 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:42 am

Centa meeta purfect Commetti is by far the best caller, it is the only thing that channel 9 have got right in this bullshit deal of theirs.
Sorry, i cannot warm to Eddie's calls at all, have to turn the telly down when he is on.

FOX's coverage is by far the best, Sundays game for some reason was pretty ordinary, 10 are professionals, channel 9 is a joke.

Speaking of FOX..
They must have done a pretty good deal with 7 because it seems they are getting their hands on any old footage they want.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: