Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Freo Telecast

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brown26 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 3:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

With only one game on, it's going to be on all radio stations, and on the one and only CHAT site worth making an apperance on, with the one and only B&W posting intelligent comments - too bad channel 9, you lose. I for one won't be watching it, I'd rather get my folks to tape it from foxtel for me!

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Pants 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 5:47 am

Right, because I have nothing better to do in the boring job I have, I have still been ringing around hasseling people about the telecast of Sunday's game. Channel 9 football programming claim to know nothing what-so-ever about any deal regarding a live telecast on free to air. The AFL say that Fox Sports have exclusive rights to 3 games each round and that is one of them, despite the fact that it's the only game on and we cannot watch ANY live football on that day.
I have contacted McGuire media and spoken to Eddie's secretary (Lisa) and asked why he had claimed on last weeks Footy Show that a deal had been struck allowing a live telecast on 9. She is currently looking through a tape of last weeks show to find out exactly what he did say and will call me back!!
I'll keep you posted.... but does anybody else know what was said by Eddie last week??

Pants 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 5:56 am

Have just had another call from Channel 9 - the women there said the Footy Show's Executive Producer deny's Eddie ever said that. Will wait to hear back from McGuire Media....

Pants 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 6:40 am

Eddies Secretary rang back. Said she has been told, by somebody from the FS, that it was in fact mentioned on the previous weeks show, and that he actually was saying that it was good news that it was live on Fox as it was not previously going to be. This is in direct contradiction to what the AFL have said. I smell a cover up!! Eddie is at Bryan Martyn's funeral but she will speak to him when he gets back and try and get to the bottom of it.....

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 7:38 am

Perhaps Eddie should clear this up on The Footy Show tonight.

However, who in the right mind let Foxtel have a Collingwood interstate game? What a moronic decision, not all Collingwood supporters can afford Foxtel, let alone the added cost of the Footy Channel. And not all Collingwood supporters can afford to make the trip interstate. What a dumb decision.

ALL GAMES, involving Victorian clubs playing interstate should be shown live on free to air back into Victoria.

JDF
Pants 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 7:56 am

The great man rang me back himself but I missed the call as I had gone out to get some lunch!! He did leave a voice message however, saying that the deal they did got the game televised on free to air, all be it delayed, when originally it was only going to be on Fox. I guess that does make sense. My appologies to Eddie!

I agree with you Joel, all Victorian supporters ARE getting a raw deal in regards to interstate broadcasts this year.

So the upshot is, you either need access to Fox or go to a pub with Fox for a live telecast. The Coach & Horses in Ringwood (a sort of second social club in the Eastern Suburbs) will have it live on the big screen.

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 8:18 am

LOL
Quote:
all Victorian supporters ARE getting a raw deal in regards to interstate broadcasts this year

m8 you should try living in Darwin, we wont even get a replay, we get f*%kin rugby league! the sydney game was a replay at 11:15 so they could show us soccer and the game against the roos will be a replay aswell. you have jackoffson saying stuff like this:
Quote:
AFL chief executive Wayne Jackson said the Northern Territory had the highest participation rate for male players aged five to 30 and said the future of Australian Rules in the Top End was in good shape after some problems a few years ago.
,thats teriffic just dont expect to see any games live EVER!!!
See ya at the Scoreboard chat, atleast theres one thing we can count on.

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 8:23 am

The game will also be shown live on the big screen at Lilydale International - with Kevin and Bob Rose, Thorold Merrett and some current players in attendance.
It will cost $20 for the Function and a buffet lunch which includes membership to the Eastern Suburbs Collingwood supporter group.
I think I'll probably go there. You have to ring and book.

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 5:53 pm

Hi Julee....

Some of us poor souls that arent going to Perth this weekend are meeting at the Club to watch the footy there....

I have to ring Nicki tomorrow morning when shell give me the time the footy starts.... Right one I hope... and also what room we can have.... I know its a long way from home but why dont u and Tristan come down and cheer the pies on with us as we usually do at the footy..... Should be good fun......

Also anybody else who is lost and want some good c/squad company is more than welcomed..... We all chip in 5 bux and ring out for pizza.... and more than that we can yell wot we want at the teleV and not worry about being thrown out of the ground....

Watch this space for more news tomorrow.....

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WILL be there)
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 8:23 pm

Why is anyone amazed this is happening????...the 500 mill deal was so high because it was always going to be used to drive pay tv subscriptions....and Collingwood would probably be worse off than a few other teams because their fans are more 'loyal', thus being more likely to part with the pesos than a sinny fan....

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 7:26 am

As asked, Eddie cleared it up on the Footy Show last night. He said that the game will be shown from 4pm, which means it will be delayed.

JDF
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 8:17 am

still nothing for NT tho......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: