Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 4:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

One doesnt have to be lucky to win a close one, good sides win close ones, at quarter time the scoreline shoulda been 10 goals something so how lucky were the sydney swans.

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !.............................http://www.mp3.com/joffa

bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:56 am

I understand what Clokey is driving at, as far as saying we were lucky. In Aussie rules football most times you create your own luck. We were down 12 points at the 3rd break and really still in the game. The boys stepped up their possession and improved the movement of the ball forward. Therefore due to this we created luck in a couple of areas. We are winning the close ones because our skill level has increased and we are finding the ball more. We won because on the day we were the better side, and no one can take that away from us.

At the moment the competition between teams is very close. Yes there are the odd big wins this season so far. However, the majority of wins for any team have been within 3 goals. This tells me that the only real difference between those in the 8 and out of the 8 is the ability to finish under pressure. This year we are showing that we are a team that can do this.

Sometimes a little luck is due when a team works hard and applies themselves to the footy. This I believe was the case on Saturday night.

The positives are we walk away with 4 points and put ourselves 4 points ahead of teams lower at 4th place on the ladder.

If your not bleeding Black and White, you don't truly support Collingwood!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
paulie 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 7:45 am

I think the point is Clokeforever is that in years gone by we would not had adjusted to the swans game and been soudly beaten.I mean lets look at the facts in the first quarter we had 92 possies to 42 and 14 scoring shots to 3.In the second quarter they were aable to shut down bucks and play a very disciplaned brand of football.In the third quarter they totally dominated us and had ten shots on goal but only kicked 3 goals.They also had the opportunity to go in four goals up.But missed a set shot and we very skillfully moved the ball the length of the ground to make it a two goal ball game.So by this stage they had done their best and were only two kicks up.In the last we went up about three or four gears and dominated with crisp ball handling and straight kicking for goal.Which if we had kicked straight in the first quarter it would have been all over then.So i don't think we were that lucky!!!!

clokeforever34 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:39 pm

i give up, after reading all the comments i realise that im propebly wrong.

Magpies_rule19 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:52 pm

Clokeforever34, u'r not wrong everyone has there own opinion.I think it wasnt 1 of their best games.
So many people have said to me that the pies shouldnt have won, but i just said well if we didnt deserve it then, well why did we win!
The game is over we have won, now lets look to the next match

GO PIES!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: