Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

now we know where cornes jnr gets it from...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 9:56 am
Post subject: now we know where cornes jnr gets it from...Reply with quote

bunch of whingeing tossers.... anyone know what the 3rd Q bucks incident is that theyre talking about? not sure i saw it or if i did then it couldnt have been much in it as it certainly didnt register with me as being offensive etc. dont remember anything...

Nine pro-Collingwood, says Cornes
9:39:52 AM Mon 27 May, 2002
afl.com.au

South Australian legend Graham Cornes has accused Channel Nine of a pro-Collingwood bias in its TV coverage.

Cornes, a sports commentator on Adelaide radio station 5AA, launched an attack on Nine and its anchorman, Collingwood president Eddie McGuire.

Cornes said Nine highlighted the incident involving his son Kane, who was widely criticised for "giving the finger" to Magpie Brodie Holland after Port Adelaide's dramatic win on Friday night, but had failed to give the same prominence to an earlier "offensive" act by Collingwood captain Nathan Buckley.

"If we're talking about inappropriate gestures, Nathan Buckley's in the third quarter must surely be looked at as well," Cornes said in The Age today.

"I think there's some selectivity on Channel Nine's part and you'd have to say perhaps there's probably a very good reason. After all, there are some common links, are there not?"

McGuire said on Sunday night he was not impressed with Cornes's allegations, saying Nine had shown the Buckley incident, which was commented on by his fellow caller, Dermott Brereton.

"The match was shown live and there's no editing,” he said. “Maybe the whole Cornes family's having a bad weekend."

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 2:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah ramjet m8, Bucks looked like he was asking if cornes had done something in his dacks when he saw Bucks coming at him, and just asked him he neeeded to wipe his backside. I thought it was quite funny and hardly likely to start a brawl, unlike him giving the bird at the end of a close game.

ps. AND ch9 did show the incident quite well, and you'd think that the father of such a gutless litle prick would hardly bring the matter up that would show how spineless his son really is.
softc@%ks

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 2:25 am

IMHO Bucks had just seen Cornes miskick for the boundary and was telling him it was "pure arse", as in "your pure arse mate, pure arse".

"I am disrespectful to scum! Can you see I am serious!"
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 4:05 am

is that the incident theyre talking about? holy %$^£$%^&%%... how low are they trying to stoop? thats gamesmanship in my book. cornes' actions were just plain inciteful.....

Brown26 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 10:10 am

I Read Cornes snr. article in the age (think)

at one point he said words to the affect of

eddie called the game totally biased... it's not hard to see the link

well here you go sunshine - what's the link between you, writing the article, and the little dumb shit who doens't understand port has to play us again in september? (Cornes jnr)

Conflict of interests? wanker

no excuses for the loss, but I think foxy hit the nail on the head, the loss we had to have.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: