Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

dont blame it on anthony

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 5:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He isn't to blame, but Mick was right - he should've kicked it.

but five goals in time on in the first quatrer? C'mon boys - can't go to sleep like that in the big time. I have a feeling they'll take out their anger on the Swans - let's hope so!!!

But Anthony will miss sleep over it - and that's the sign of a good player, and a commited player. Good on him

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Millane42 

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 2:51 am

Rocca should have kicked it, but so should have Freeborn, Lockyer and Betheras who all missed easier shots at goal.

"Grinners are Winners.."
Rosewall Woman 2 

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 3:49 am

The up side was that the same comeraderie that was present after last weeks game was still there on Friday. It was not so upbeat but it was still there and that is a good sign. It was a team loss just as last week was a team win. 22 guys line up and 22 wear the win or the loss. There were mistakes and we will learn from that, lets just take it out on the next 3 must win games.

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 5:15 am

Apparently there is a wall in the changerooms thats a bit worse off after Friday night's game.
I hope Anthony's hand is OK.

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 6:22 am

I reckon I could add to this thread for the rest of the day.

I was not disappointed by Friday's result. Maybe I was in shock. But I was just so proud of the way the guys kept coming back at Port for the last three quarters. Two goals in two minutes was needed to draw that game. My impression was that the players thought they could do it, and set out to do it, and they almost did do it.

We won last week, partly due to the Lions missed opportunities (while they were away from home) and we lost this week, mostly due to missed opportunities.

Did everyone see Rocca's kick to put us in front? I had been making steam train noises, and locomotion motions, for the whole third quarter screaming out "like a train ... Collingwood is coming home like a steam train". And his kick put me into raptures.

Did everyone see Rocca's kick swing to the right after it passed the goal line? If he had kicked it 10 metres further from the mark, it would have been a goal (in my humble opinion).

Did anyone see Freeborn pull up a little proppy after he took the mark, to have his second shot in the last quarter. Wrong time to experience a twinge, so I was expecting him to miss.

Rocca has already made clutch shots to help us win games this year. He will so again. Michael Jordan (#23) has won more basketball games, in the dying seconds, than any other player in the history of that game. That's a fact that most people would be willing to believe. But what probably escapes peoples attention is that he has missed just as many clutch shots in the dying seconds of a game, so also has lost more basketball games for his team, than any other player in the history of that game. Michael Jordan was so good, that he always able to get the ball in the clutch situations, Rocca showed on Friday night he is too.

This Saturday night, I will be cheering Pebbles everytime he comes near the cheersquad end (as I will probably be standing at the back). If anyone abuses him, I will just cheer louder and longer than them.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 7:24 am

Ok, here's my take on the loss (in no particular order):

1. We gave them too big a head-start in the first quarter
2. Umpiring - Port got 3 goals from dodgy freekicks
3. Injuries - 3 of our top players were injured for a lot of the match and sat out the 2nd half on the bench
4. Inaccurate kicking - nuff said!
5. Rocca's shot - how can anyone blame one missed shot? There were plenty of other, easier shots missed. And anyway, I am still yet to be convinced that Rocca's shot did in fact miss - I think it was a goal!

I think there were positive signs - the fact that we never gave up, and got so close in spite of the negatives mentioned above. It was great to see Nath play with such passion (and come to the defence of his younger teammates).

We have not lost a home game yet this season and we have won 2 away games too. So if we can continue to win all of our home games (this week vs Sydney is vital - we played a shocker in the corresponding match last year) and throw in a few more away games we should finish with about 16 wins (and a top 4 spot).

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 7:26 am

No one is blaming Anthony at all,its just that if he can kick a 60 metre goal why not a 15 metre goal.
We started of slowly,BUT look at it positively PORT didnt win by 10 goals as a lot of experts here in Sydney were predicting,and the PIES would have salvaged a DRAW if Rocca had kicked straight.
Also you cant compare Motts kick on Saturday night against the SCUM....OK I had picked the Swans to win,BUT Rocca is a recognised goal kicker,where as Mott isnt in any way shape or form....even 'Rocket' couldnt stand to watch him miss.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: