Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Scott Cummings

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doska^32 

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 3:58 pm
Post subject: Scott CummingsReply with quote

He played his third proper match of the season. He was used as a decoy off the bench but was very effective he was simply there to take up an opponent but hopefully that goal that he kicked at the start of match will kick start his season, as he is such a good full forward that knows how to lead.
However people say there isn't enough room in our forward line to have Molloy and Cummings in at the same time, what do you all think of that?
I think we have the strongest forward line in the league, as a whole. you got Rocca, Tarrant, Cummings & Molloy, then Holland, Nick Davis, Leon Davis & Fraser at times.
You tell me if you were coach how would you set it up and in what way would you use Scotty.
As for Scotty this week against his old side Port Adelaide third time lucky he will kick 6 goals against his old side to stir us to a great win and to sement our spot in the Top 2.

Go the PIES!!!!!!

Gooo Scoooottttttttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, THE DONUT MAN!!!!!

paulie 

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 7:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I am amazed that people see this as a problem.It just means we can rotate so many good forwards off the bench during a game.Also it means at times somone like Taz gets the third or fourth best defender.The best thing about our forward line on Saturday nite was that we took so many contested marks With The Ant and Taz on fire.We also now have something we didn't have for years forward who can crumb the ball.And we didn't even have Leon there so I think our forward line can continue to fit in MR CUMMINGS,Taz,D9 AND The ANT its just a matter of rotation off the bench and communication between the forwards with leading patterns.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 7:40 am

It IS a problem. If you play too many talls up forward you have to take the mark or you are dead. Opposition defences will run off you all day and flood back when you get posession. The flood will decrease your marking opportunities and the ball rebounds to quickly to flood their defense.

I would only ever have 3 of Tarrant, Rocca, Cummings and Fraser up forward at one time. Molloy with 3 of thoses would depend on matchups and who is doing the damage for the opposition defense.

The other 2 or 3 spots (depending on use of Molloy) would be one of Holland and L.Davis and N.Davis or a resting on baller. I would not have Holland and L.Davis together in the forward line too often simply because both spend to long out of the action at times and if they both have off periods together we suffer badly with only tallish options remaining.

We have about 8 to 10 good options for our forward line but certain combinations should be used sparingly IMO.

Just as an aside, I would love to see Cloke get some time at CHF. I think he could show Riewolt (sp?) a thing or 2. At the moment it is unlikely because of our foward strength and his success in defense. Could be a good suprise Grand Final tactic though.

[This message has been edited by MarkT (edited 22 May 2002).]
Brown26 

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 4:17 pm

I agree with MarkT - rarely can you have thouse five talls in on the gorund at the one time, let alone in the same half!! What I like about having Cummings, Rocca, Tarrant and Molly up forward is Tarrant can push down the ground, ie. can lead out, and just keep leading and take marks 70-80m out. This is damaging for the opposition because it not only opens our forward line up but tarrant will likely draw the "floating backman," if tey ahve one, with him, at least partially, allowing cummings and molloy free space to run into.

I think there is no harm running cummings / molloy off the bench and fraser and even rocca in the ruck.

btw. cummings was one of our best players inteh ANZAC day clash - he just stood in the goal square and occupied fletcher, who was much more damaging when he went on the ball late in the last quarter. He doe shis job. If we can spare a spot on the bench for him, atm we don't lose anything having him there, and who knows he will kick 4 or 5 every now and again and that may be the difference some time.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: