Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We have arrived

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 4:32 pm
Post subject: We have arrivedReply with quote

Where are the doubters now???????

nitric 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 4:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge

Black_White 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 4:53 pm

Not doubting, but, let's look at the price of tonight.
MCG...gone? Season? Possible.
Malloy... Should not play again if he cannot control the pain killing injections. Memories of McGuane!
Johnson Reported..... not much in it, but, he does play for the B&W so may be suspended.
Leon...I know, didn't happen tonight but we missed his electricity tonight. Stress fracture they say, thats 4 weeks at least.

A big cost, but what a stirring win!

-Craig

firthy 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 5:03 pm

a bit negative black and white?
I think it was a great win, lions havent lost in melb for a while... missing the neon, molloy with a broken toe(albeit not much of an injury) the loss of McGough hurt in the last quater IMHO when Voss then came right into the game. but we held on to show that we'll be there for some september action this year, so all you doubters, lick the cheese........

Firthy http://users.bigpond.net.au/firthy

molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 5:19 pm

I agree with your comments firthy.

The entire team did what they had to do to win. This was the very first game that I actually yelled(mind u it was at a tv screen and i know they couldn't hear me) but god I was going nuts. Fancy saying that molloy shouldn't play again god, he adds some toughness to the side.I was surprised to see molloy play.

Sad to hear about mcgough. Pleased to see the entire team go up to him at the end tho.

All in all it was a real team effort but the boys tonight.
As I said in the chat room just before the game started tonight miracles can happen. I wonder what the media are going to point to as the reason the lions lost.

GO MIGHTY MAGPIES!!
does anyone else have a voice left??

Jarrod Molloy RULES!!!!
*2002 Joint V.C*
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 5:19 pm

the 'doubters' can offer NO excuses this time. that was a FULL STRENGTH lions outfit tonight, it was basically their premiership team from last year. to match them goal for goal in the first half, blitz them in the third, then withstand them when they came at us in the last quarter shows that the pies have well and truly arrived! mcgough's injury is tragic - I really feel for him - but this team is made up of more than one person. bucks was superb tonight, but let's not forget the efforts of taz, pebbles, ruuuuupe!!!, stunner, tarks et al.

it was a super TEAM effort that saw the pies overcome the reigning premiers.

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 5:52 pm

unbelievable. huge win. enormous. at some cost i guess but thats footy and we have a choice of steiner, didak, scotland, neon(when fit) etc to replace MCG and johnno if he gets a week or two. whats that about molloy? dont let him play? u kidding? he was possibly the difference at the end. gave real hardness and took a good backman away from rocca and tarrant. fantastic effort by all. only poor old presti didnt get much of a run. betheras showed some versatility. tazza, bucks, clokey, ant, MCG etc etc etc...great win. im jumping all over the joint up here in darwin. a LOT of qld'ers live here and believe me we'll be giving them heaps tonight. cheersquad and crowd were unbelievable - heard every chant thru the tv. surely the man in gold wouldnt have appeared til the final siren? altho if i was him i wouldve been tempted to make a show at the 10min mark, up by 20 and on a roll.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 3:45 am

hey ramjet, just give it to every brissy supporter you see up in darwin - one of them might be my mate who's been giving it to me for years!

christ, I'm here at uni at friggin' 9.30am on Sunday morning, but I'm still percolating from last night's win!! I know I know, we need to keep a level head, but a win like last night has been a while coming, so we should at least celebrate for a bit and give it to all those scum who've been bagging us for years! Things need to be put into perspective - c'wood has now beaten last year's two grand finalists, and hawthorn. we lost to bitchmond but we only played one half of that game, and there is always the rematch. we have port next week so it's another chance to prove ourselves. this is a team that contains many youngsters and journeymen; a list that was described as one of the weakest at the start of the year. now we have been molded into a fighting outfit that never says die, never gives up.

but do you reckon this will give us respect - HELL NO. there will still be doubters who are looking for the c'wood bubble to burst. Voss concussed?? Hard surface of Colonial?? Too cold in Melb?? I will LAUGH at any such excuses.

we will just have to go ALL THE WAY to gain some respect!!! and by then it will be far too late!!!!!

GO PIES!!!!!

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 5:04 am

We do need either a win or a close game with Port though. Giving a good account on the road is what makes a good team a tough team to beat.

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 5:58 am

bring on the critics. i prefer it that way. why they have been continually 'shocked' at pie performances is beyond me but if they want to under-rate us - then let them do so at their peril.
agreed Cam, a decent account of ourselves in adelaide is required. best win of the year last year(in my opinion) was over port in adelaide so hopefully the boys can take added confidence from that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: