Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Good boy Nicky - that's what we wanted to hear

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 11:11 am
Post subject: Good boy Nicky - that's what we wanted to hearReply with quote

I want to stay: Davis
4:21:40 PM Tue 7 May, 2002
Kevin Diggerson
collingwoodfc.com.au

Collingwood forward Nick Davis expects to sign a new contract with the club in the coming months as negotiations between the Magpies and his agent continue.

Davis exclusively told afl.com.au’s the big ask that he fully expects to put pen to paper at some point of the season to extend his stay at Victoria Park.

“At the moment my manager is talking to the club now about a new contract,” Davis said.

“I’m not sure how long it’s going to take and I’m stepping away and from it to let my manager and the club work out where they want (the contract) to be. It might be three weeks or three months, I don’t know when it’s going to happen, but as soon as they come up with a good deal I will make sure I sign it.”

Davis future with the club has been a point of speculation since reports surfaced late last year that the 22-year-old forward was seeking a return to Sydney to play for his hometown Swans. Davis admitted that at the time he harboured the desire transfer to the Swans, but he has since changed his stance.

“There’s no point saying I didn’t want to go home,” Davis said.

“Everyone would like to go back to their home state and play footy. I just thought it might be an opportunity to do that at that time. The club said I was a really important player to the team. For them to say that was good and I made a commitment to stay with them. I love it here at the moment and this is where I really want to stay.”

Davis now seems adamant that his future lies at Collingwood, and hopes that his commitment will have a flow on effect.

“When the contract hits the table I’m sure if everything’s right and everything is A-OK I’ll make sure I sign. As soon as I sign hopefully a few more members might sign up too which will be really good.”

"I am disrespectful to scum! Can you see I am serious!"

[This message has been edited by WhyPhilWhy? (edited 07 May 2002).]
Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 11:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

WHOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!

-Craig

Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 5:14 pm

That report has made my day!!!
I have been waiting for this report for ages. I knew he would stay. GO NICKY DAVIS!!!!!!!

#19 Kicks ASS

I LOVE YOU NICKY I DO
I LOVE YOU NICKY I DO
I LOVE YOU NICKY I DO
OHHHHHH NICKY I LUV YOU

NICKY DAVIS KICKS ARSE!!!!!
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 4:06 am

That's fantastic news.
I hope you have a great year Nick and a few more to come.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 7:48 am

I heard him make very similar comments on MMM on Saturday or Sunday morning. Great news. Now it's up to the club and his manager to negotiate fairly and do the deal ASAP.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: